Keeley/PCMC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm unclear about the relationship between Keeley and Elemis; I got the impression she's a salon owner who uses the range and is maybe employed on a freelance basis by QVC in the same way that Dawn Bibby appeared as the QVC Craft face for many years, or the salon owner who now appears for SBC since Lorraine Winslade left. Whereas Fiona seems to speak more as an employee of Decleor and Andrew is the importer of Gatineau in the UK. I'm not sure there's an Elemis chain of command directly above Keeley for her to refer to or be guided by; equally I doubt she'd get much support from the QVC HR structure as she's not really their staff. I'll stand to be corrected on this because it's just an impression I get. I've never been convinced that Keeley has much say in what appears in TSVs I'm sure the QVC buyers wield far more influence. It's a bit of a sorry mess but once the dust settles neither QVC nor Elemis will pass comment and Keeley should do the same. Take a break from Facebook, your angels will survive, and don't read this forum for a few weeks then you won't be tempted to reply. Dignified silence is the way to go.

Keeley (posting as skindeep) acknowledges her shortcomings in written English but I'd have thought an ability to express oneself with clarity is a requirement of the job. It's a communications industry and product knowledge alone isn't enough.

Jude xx

I don't know Keeley and I don't use Elemis,and I find the shows on QVC dull, repetitive and a little un believable so I choose not to watch.
However I think Keeley has crossed the line with the comments on here and on the fb page and needs to decide are these people her clients/customers or her personal friends.
Her FB page says Keeley Aydin -Elemis on QVC which suggests to me she is representing a brand on a Shopping Channel and therefore should maintain an amount of professional integrity.
If Keeley has a personal FB page then fine go for it and do whatever,but I agree with Lilian and think that Elemis the company may be less than chuffed!

I'm fed up with "this thread should be closed" from people - stop reading it and posting if it's upsetting you

Also, I keep myself fully aware of all the important things going on in the world - I come here for a break from it all!

about time this thread was closed,

Really? For what reason?

Because there is no real debate going on? Considering people are still posting, you included, I'd say that there is.

Because there's no interest? Approximately 12,000 views says you're wrong.

Or is it because you don't like the topic of discussion? In that case, why should other people be prevented from talking just because you don't like it?

No sure if this is true or not???? But I was once told that Keeley's salon was one of the top if not the top earning salons for Elemis, that was why she was picked to front Elemis on QVC.

Her FB page says Keeley Aydin -Elemis on QVC which suggests to me she is representing a brand on a Shopping Channel and therefore should maintain an amount of professional integrity.
If Keeley has a personal FB page then fine go for it and do whatever,but I agree with Lilian and think that Elemis the company may be less than chuffed!

Elemis has its own FB page which is exactly what you would expect a corporate page to look like. Keeleys seems to be a strange hybrid between a personal page and a commercial one. She posted to say she was not accepting friend requests on her other FB due to previous "problems" - I can well imagine, so that's very sensible. But then we have pics of her little boy in their kitchen, alongside her posts pushing the brand, her salon, tv appearances, TSV's and at the same time hoards of fanatics bitching about people on ST.com.

Very very odd.

If or when this thread should be closed is entirely at the discretion of Grahame or Sazza and thank goodness for their common sense and decisions unswayed by any pressure from forum members...

...........and Elemis reps! I think someone at Elemis is going to get their backside kicked as a result of all this.

I'm not so sure, they're not really dashing to her defence are they. I'd expect Elemis to distance themselves from the whole situation.

Jude xx

Nice to see that Keeley's SO bothered about her fans slagging off everyone on here that she's RUSHED to ask her cronies to lay off.

Yep: that woman's certainly bothered about online bullying. But only if it impacts on her.

Makes me want to buy from her. Not.

Had to go and have a look on the FB page, blimey one or two of them are a tad over protective of Keeley and judgmental about people who post on "that site"- what happens if you say shopping telly.com on FB do you turn green and explode or something?

I do think Keeley appears to have overreacted to something said on this thread but I also think that without knowing all the facts behind this "incident" that the police were involved with its difficult to say if she has or not. Sometimes things that happen can have a profound effect on a persons perception of what was a totally innocent remark and make them react in a way that in the cold light of day they may realise was not the most appropriate.
The problem with Facebook groups is that some people blur belonging to a group with a common interest and interacting with your real life friends and they take on this evangelical quality where no critiscism justified or not is allowed. Forums like this tend not to have that problem as they are only about one area of life so you will get very different opinions expressed in the same thread which I think is a far healthier approach. I don't agree with everything written and sometimes I do think some things that are said are very personal and could be seen as hurtful but that is almost always balanced out by the opposite view being expressed.

Is it my imagination or have some of the more agressive posts on Keeley's page been deleted? I wonder if that's the Elemis PR machine kicking in.

The Keeley worshippers have had a field day slagging off this forum but her posts weren't deleted from here like Graham's replies on her Facebook page were. The fact that differing opinions can be expressed is one of the good things about this forum.

Is it my imagination or have some of the more agressive posts on Keeley's page been deleted? I wonder if that's the Elemis PR machine kicking in.

The Keeley worshippers have had a field day slagging off this forum but her posts weren't deleted from here like Graham's replies on her Facebook page were. The fact that differing opinions can be expressed is one of the good things about this forum.

I can still see all the posts on FB.

The FB author doesn't seem to care what her followers publicly say about anyone else, as long as she isn't the recipient of negative online comments. :wonder:

Latest posts

Back