Kimbie vs Destello

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw a VT earlier for a Kimbie candle. The box / packaging, glass jar and even the paperweight that comes with it looks exactly the same as those used by Jainey Bennett's Gem Aura's range - so, to me, it looks as though they're using the same manufacturer - just without Jainey's branding and 'face' put to the products.

Saw a VT earlier for a Kimbie candle. The box / packaging, glass jar and even the paperweight that comes with it looks exactly the same as those used by Jainey Bennett's Gem Aura's range - so, to me, it looks as though they're using the same manufacturer - just without Jainey's branding and 'face' put to the products.
They've been sending out emails advertising what's coming up this week and when to watch and my first thought was exactly the same as your's, this is Gem Auras under a different name. See how the price compares this week.

I think they are probably very similar - 100% soy wax, not sure if they have gemstones in them, but once you have lit it, they disappear into the candle anyway. It was too sweet for me, but I think it was sweet caramel - my 7 year old liked it!

Watched a bit of Hattie’s Destello show last night, and found the whole thing very odd. Promos for Kimbie in the middle of Hattie’s last jammies. And what did Ellis look like in those awful wraps?
TJC have been selling those wraps every winter for years.

Frank Usher on QVC does something similar.

Hattie is selling a notebook with a gemstone pen. The gemstone consists of a small round bead of Malachite glued awkwardly onto the pen.There are two others with the same type of bead just glued on.Awful stuff.

1698704461606.jpeg

Just seen them for £3.09 on temu 🤨🤨 One customer has just bought 5 from Gemporia at £9.99 each
And that's the price for one single case to the public.

Buying wholesale would probably bring that price down to the £2 each mark, if not less, so that'd be £8 profit per case that Gemporia is making.

Kimble round rotating jewellery box on screen now. £6.99. Exactly the same without the Kimbie mark on £2.98 on Temu. Turning off after I have messaged in asking if it’s illegal what they are doing.

I don’t think it’s illegal to buy in bulk and rebrand, after all that’s exactly what Hattie did with her knitwear. And bags. It was pointed out on this Forum that her Knitwear could be found on another website that sold to the public and also rebranded and sold wholesale. Dishonest to pass designs off as your own, but not illegal.

I don’t think it’s illegal to buy in bulk and rebrand, after all that’s exactly what Hattie did with her knitwear. And bags. It was pointed out on this Forum that her Knitwear could be found on another website that sold to the public and also rebranded and sold wholesale. Dishonest to pass designs off as your own, but not illegal.
Yeah lots of companies do this, it’s not illegal, maybe a bit shady, but nothing illegal happening. It is called private labelling. I think people would be surprised how much out there is private label, not just Gemporia.

Can we have a private labelled one of these, please? (Honest to God, a genuine Etsy listing...)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-31-19-50-34-014.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-10-31-19-50-34-014.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back