kitchen hygiene

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

have mentioned it in the simon brown thread i was watching and all she did was check her bloomin ipad for tweets it was really distracting agree she never used to be like it it's a bit of harmless fun viewers tweeting in the instinct to tweet a not nice comment is overwhelming just me lol but it's really distracting when their constantly checking maybe they should just get the tweets fed through their earpieces

I imagine the idea of reading out Tweets will have come from someone behind the scenes and not from the presenters themselves, so it's not their fault if they are only following instructions. I wonder if using iPads on air is aimed at promoting them now that QVC sell Apple products.

Well, cooking for others or not, I personally dont think hair should be anywhere near food, full stop.

In my book you cant get enough of 'hygiene in the kitchen' - in fact I've lost count of the number of times I've walked out of a number of gastro pubs after seeing the state of the so called 'chef' - filthy pinnies and even more filthy trainers being worn instead of safety shoes.

Sorry, but this is one of my bugbears in life.

----usually seen when they are sitting on the back step of the establishment, having a fag....
I'm with you on this one.

And I've never been able to enjoy a buffet in anyone's home either, since have to do various food hygiene exams for work.
:sad: I just look at it and wonder how long it's all been sitting there and can visualise the germs multiplying.

Also, stayed in hotel recently where one of the waitresses was wearing a collection of those "festival bands/string friendship bracelet thingies" and can't imagine they're very hygienic either.
:angry:

You hit the nail on the head Boris bear. The selling of Apple products has EVERYTHING to do with all that confounded tweeting. I don't "do" tweeting (or Facebook for that matter) even tho I am young and perfectly capable of using it. Just want my life to be private, thank you very much.

Most cooking programmes on TV are hugely scary for me.

A hair in your food is the least of your problems.

So you start stir frying raw chicken with a wooden spoon or whatever, it starts to cook then they put the same implement back in the pan to stir it again, it is now coated with the raw chicken germs.

Don't even get me on handwashing. Handled raw meat then touch the taps to wash your hands, so whatever bugs you get off with that wash you pick up next time.

Most cooking programmes on TV are hugely scary for me.

A hair in your food is the least of your problems.

So you start stir frying raw chicken with a wooden spoon or whatever, it starts to cook then they put the same implement back in the pan to stir it again, it is now coated with the raw chicken germs.

Don't even get me on handwashing. Handled raw meat then touch the taps to wash your hands, so whatever bugs you get off with that wash you pick up next time.

me too. my bugbear is they never wash anything - all fruit and veg, straight out of supermarket packet and tossed in. gawd knows who had hold of those tomatoes or raspberries last...:sweat:

oh and nigella lawson rolling her eyes at the camera while she sucks her fingers up to the knuckles and then carries on handling what she's preparing.:puke:

Finger suckers whilst cooking make my stomach turn. I went for dinner at a colleagues home years ago and she bought the roast meat to the table to carve and proceeded to tear off the legs of the chicken and lick her fingers between each one before handling the meat onto the plates! I could not eat the meat at all. That and people touching their nose or face whilst serving makes me feel so ill. I may be a bit OCD about it all tho.

Finger suckers whilst cooking make my stomach turn. I went for dinner at a colleagues home years ago and she bought the roast meat to the table to carve and proceeded to tear off the legs of the chicken and lick her fingers between each one before handling the meat onto the plates! I could not eat the meat at all. That and people touching their nose or face whilst serving makes me feel so ill. I may be a bit OCD about it all tho.
this post made me laugh i have a niece like that totally oblivious to whats shes doing and ALWAYS wants to serve the food..we call her lickey lickey uggghh!!

Well, this is the reply I received from Q, so we shall see if it has done any good in future 'food' shows eh ?

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Thank you for contacting QVC.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are unhappy that our presenters hair isn't tied back during food shows.

I have forwarded your comments to our presenting team at the studios for consideration and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards
[/COLOR]

I was round a friend for dinner and she was preparing it in the kitchen with her 2 dogs begging for food at her feet. She kept on slipping them bits of the meat she was cutting up, I could clearly see the dogs licking her fingers as she gave them the meat. And she just carried on chopping the meat without washing her hands. I couldn't bring myself to eat any of the meal.

When Prince Charles married Diana, we had a steeet party and shared out the jobs.

My next door neighbour cooked a turkey and made sandwiches etc.

After the party, she told me that she had left the turkey on the table overnight.

Toby, her VERY SLOBBERY labrador had taken it off the table, ate some, and slept with the rest all night.

She thought it was funny, because she had washed it and served it to everyone.

Put me off of turkey sandwiches for ages :(

Last edited:
When Prince Charles married Diana, we had a steeet party and shared out the jobs.

My next door neighbour cooked a turkey and made sandwiches etc.

After the party, she told me that she had left the turkey on the table overnight.

Toby, her VERY SLOBBERY labrador had taken it off the table, ate some, and slept with the rest all night.

She thought it was funny, because she had washed it and served it to everyone.

Put me off of turkey sandwiches for ages :(

Love that story mystydog...especially where he slept with the turkey all night...just brilliant!:clapping:

Love that story mystydog...especially where he slept with the turkey all night...just brilliant!:clapping:

I'm surprised there was anything left to sleep with because Labs are the greediest dogs in the world. I've had three and all of them would have eaten until they burst!

Latest posts

Back