Laura Geller TSV 03/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do remember quite a few saying since Laura sold the company quality is not as good. The B&B is more powdery, therefore will no doubt go into any lines you have. This does seem to happen with most companies sold on to the bigger boys.

Just turned over to have a look. Have to agree they all look over done to say the least. I'm watching them dab the brushes over already made up faces. I quite like the new make up artist couldn't stand Sarah. As soon as I hear the word artisan I have to turn off.

Sarah was on the 11 o'clock show - it seems that she will be sharing the brand ambassador role with Lauras American QVC one when Laura can't attend. Like you say- how long before the 'handmade (yeah right!) in Italy by artisans' comes up!
Just tuned in to the 5pm show to hear Laura say ' These are soft colours that make you look as though you're not wearing makeup!' Hahaha! Don't think so ( and I don't do subtle) so they must look ott! Y

Last edited:
Someone asked on the 2pm show whether the size quoted for the eye shadow in the TSV was correct. I think someone told Julia via her talk-back that it is indeed 7.5g. Hmmmm. I wonder if some numpty just looked at the product details on the website when they confirmed this?
:mysmilie_13:

We'll find out soon enough! :mysmilie_59:
I heard that. It looks like the 1.8 size to me and no way is it near the B&B size of 9g, unless that pot is at least 2inches deep! Why didn't they just look on the bottom of the shadow palette where LG always has the size? I certainly think they just checked the website. Didn't they get a size wrong on another recent TSV? I mean we regulars can always tell from the pix because we know where we are with LG packaging, but others could be fooled. I suppose though that Q only uploaded the info from the company....

I haven't bought the TSV, I'm not really a bronzer person, although I do like the lip colour. But, I love watching Laura, she's funny and has some great stories. Some people you can just watch happily even if you're not looking to spend any money.

I heard that. It looks like the 1.8 size to me and no way is it near the B&B size of 9g, unless that pot is at least 2inches deep! Why didn't they just look on the bottom of the shadow palette where LG always has the size? I certainly think they just checked the website. Didn't they get a size wrong on another recent TSV? I mean we regulars can always tell from the pix because we know where we are with LG packaging, but others could be fooled. I suppose though that Q only uploaded the info from the company....

QVC are sloppy at best with what they put up on the website, unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Laura hasn't corrected the error on air, surely the size didn't sound right to her. I think they can get away with it if it says 7.5 g on the pot even the actual amount is 1.8 g, like in the photos earlier on this thread.

Doh, I take back what I said earlier, I was watching Laura because I enjoy watching her, but I wasn't intending to buy anything........................

..........just went and bought the blusher duo :mysmilie_17:

I'm such a blusher junkie, the one product I wouldn't be without.

Actually Laura went umm a few times and said she was unsure then the word came through to Julia that it was 7.5 and Laura said oh well that must be the case and it is a huge size. Well IMHO she must know very well the physical difference between a 9g B&B palette and an eye shadow palette so I was unimpressed by her doing that. Whatever the website says or what the label might say, she should know exactly what is in the products.

Just sat and watched whilst having evening meal.

The eyeshadow and lip colours are not spring/summer shades. They kept saying for the summer and bronzer etc, but the eyeshadow and lip shades are autumn/winter for sure.

As for DF saying a brand new product was iconic:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: No sweetie, its something which sells out quickly and gets raves and people desperate to get hold of it. Chanel Rouge Noir, No5, YSL Touche Elcat these are iconic products

See she gave her bestie Shazz a shout out.

I am tempted by the bronzer but having just watched the video I am not impressed with the amount they have put on and Alison looks like she just threw her face in the highlighter pot. I think my money is safe this time

See she gave her bestie Shazz a shout out.

Is this the Shazz/Sharon Harvey that Laura G said on the launch show that she had afternoon tea with yesterday? Who is this Sharon? Does she work for QVC or one of the brands or is she just a blogger (who I'm sure writes very honest and unbiased reviews of any QVC products she reviews!)? Or a hanger-on? I keep hearing her name as if it's a name we should be impressed to hear.

Actually Laura went umm a few times and said she was unsure then the word came through to Julia that it was 7.5 and Laura said oh well that must be the case and it is a huge size. Well IMHO she must know very well the physical difference between a 9g B&B palette and an eye shadow palette so I was unimpressed by her doing that. Whatever the website says or what the label might say, she should know exactly what is in the products.

I've just caught up with this, Laura swiftly changed the subject saying 'it's a good value and will last you a very long time' (???) holding up the pot whilst saying the latter, rather than turning over the pot and checking the details. What's going on? I think that it says 7.5 g on the pot, so she can't say that it isn't. Could she not say that it's a typo on the label? I don't understand the conspiracy behind it. Perhaps the price of the TSV is based on 7.5 g shadow being in it, and the TSV is overpriced? It is dearer than the usual under £40.

Love Laura's necklace in the 7pm show.
The bracelets AY is wearing look Lola Rose

Is this the Shazz/Sharon Harvey that Laura G said on the launch show that she had afternoon tea with yesterday? Who is this Sharon? Does she work for QVC or one of the brands or is she just a blogger (who I'm sure writes very honest and unbiased reviews of any QVC products she reviews!)? Or a hanger-on? I keep hearing her name as if it's a name we should be impressed to hear.

Yes it is her. She is a beauty blogger and DF's bestie. She also runs various FB groups where the QVC guests do web chats instead of the main QVC page and alerts about up and coming products. Unfortunately if you don't tow the party line you get blocked from the groups and the QVC page. DF was also admin on the groups which were supposedly un affiliated to QVC until recently.

Yes it is her. She is a beauty blogger and DF's bestie. She also runs various FB groups where the QVC guests do web chats instead of the main QVC page and alerts about up and coming products. Unfortunately if you don't tow the party line you get blocked from the groups and the QVC page. DF was also admin on the groups which were supposedly un affiliated to QVC until recently.

Thank you. I am joining up the dots now. Keep hearing about the shenanigans on Facebook and the self-appointed police of the groups, as well as this "very important" (in some minds) Sharon. Now it makes more sense.

. How sad Laura does not know the size of the products. As Mazza siad look underneath the pot:mysmilie_51:

In the end l decided not to go for this. I felt the bronzer made some of the models look mucky rather than give them a sunkissed look. It looked quite streaky too. Not really a look l want to go for. I will stick to my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick which l love for a bit of a healthy gliw.

Latest posts

Back