Laura Geller TSV December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered the porcelain but I think it might make me too chalky. Will try it again for a coupe of days. I use Fairly Light in BE - perhaps I have chosen the wrong shade.

I ordered the porcelain but I think it might make me too chalky. Will try it again for a coupe of days. I use Fairly Light in BE - perhaps I have chosen the wrong shade.

With Laura Geller bnb I have tried the light before and it was too dark and the porcelain is slightly too light as it doesn't give enough coverage for me. In BE I use Fairly Light and Golden Fair (a shade they don't sell on qvc).

This is a common problem, one shade is too dark and one is too light. My problem is between the LG Fair and the Porcelain, and again between the SPF and the non-SPF versions. I use BE Fairly Medium (another shade that Q doesn't stock) or Medium.

The problems with the foundation shades means my options for TSVs are limited so I've not bought LG TSVs for some time and only BE TSVs since I switched to BE Medium. I tried telling Q that once and suggested that BE could bring different shades like Fairly Medium and Golden Fair but they weren't interested. Again pretty short sighted.

I use Fairly Light in BE and Light ( SPF Version ) LG. Both give excellent coverage. I didn't order the TSV because the foundation did not contain SPF.

I have a spare b&b in my stash in fair. Just got it out to compare it to the current one I am using in fair. I can see what everyone says there is no consistency at all, one is all pinks and really pale and the other is medium beige. I will have to wear one in the depths of winter and the other in summer and autumn

I only see a slight difference with my medium and and fair, the medium is so light for me I'm contemplating the need for tan and I have fair skin! Obviously this inconsistancy is the reason the medium is so light but where do you draw the line. That said, I really am enjoying the kit, better than I expected.

I normally buy fair but on one of her TSV's I did buy the med,thinking it would be better for the summer.The difference between the two was huge.

I do think even the differences between one shade (ie fair) is huge....I do think QVC get away with it though as at the end of the day they fall on the line that its *baked*.The one you get is the one that comes out the oven.Its not as if you're at a counter and can choose the shade with more/less pink in it etc...

It's a real shame as B&B is a great product but you need to be able to rely on the colouring. I still use B&B alternating with BM although it's more BM and less B&B these days - at least the colouring with BM can be relied on.

Rainbowdottie is it the one AY just demonstrated in item number 201511? There is an Ethereal spackle, and a half n half Ethereal rose. I am sure Alison said that the blush half was either "sunset" or "sunswept". The link in your post said the sunswept is brownish, whereas on screen the blush called Sunset (?) had slight purple hues mixed with more golden and the description said berry tones. do they mean brown as a berry or pinky purple berry? I wish the names weren't so similar. AY definitely said "sun something" though.

BTW have you tried Honey Dipped blush Rainbowdottie? Not a hint of pink in that one.

Last edited:
Sunswept is my favourite LG blusher, lots of pink shimmer browns and copper tones. I use it as a blusher in the summer and pick out the pink and coppers for eye shadows - fab compact.
Shame QVC don't stock it, was able to pick one up in Macy's when I went to Orlando last year. They seem to last forever :)

I have the set that AY was showing last night ( i bought it ages ago on a OTO)....no its not sunswept :down:

It truly is the best of LG's blusher.

Yes I have honey dipped....love it....more for summer than winter as its very bronzy/brown/shimmery...but its my second fave :heart:

This is a common problem, one shade is too dark and one is too light. My problem is between the LG Fair and the Porcelain, and again between the SPF and the non-SPF versions. I use BE Fairly Medium (another shade that Q doesn't stock) or Medium.

The problems with the foundation shades means my options for TSVs are limited so I've not bought LG TSVs for some time and only BE TSVs since I switched to BE Medium. I tried telling Q that once and suggested that BE could bring different shades like Fairly Medium and Golden Fair but they weren't interested. Again pretty short sighted.

This is a common problem. I am very, very fair and in Bobbi Brown always use Alabaster. Again, this is not available through QVC. So I do love that Laura Geller does the Porcelain, since it is the one foundation from QVC that I can rely upon.

I gave up with b &b becausd medium is too dark and fair is too light. I used medium for a while and one was much darker than the next one despite them both being medium.

I love BnB and luckily it loves me. The medium is a good match, and if a bit too light, I just swirl in some bronzer with it. LG make-up has made me look half decent. Yesterday, went to work after 4 hours sleep, and told I was looking radiant, thanks to BnB and the gorgeous hilighter in the latest TSV which is awesome.

Latest posts

Back