Laura Geller TSV December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the TSV in a moment of madness after one too many glasses of vino! Fully expected to send it back as I hated Balance and Brighten last time I had some. Now I love it! Went for the regular instead of the fair this time and I don't look all chalky this time. The blusher is a great shade, the highlighter is not sparkly so makes a great pale eyeshadow too and the lipgloss is a perfect colour with a good dense colour. The eyeshadows are a tiiiiiiny bit too much on the pinky side of brown, but still very good. It's a keeper!

I have recently switched to flocked sponge from Lily Lolo and noticed that I now don't "wear off" B&B as quickly as before and there's no dust as before and it gives a very good coverage and in seconds, much quicker than with a brush.

Thanks for the tip! I got 3 Soft Foam Puffs for £1.99 in Boots today and it did a great job of applying B&B, plus it fits exactly inside the compact! Much quicker, easier and less mess than a brush.

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Boots-Soft-Foam-Puffs-3_1115763/?un_jtt_v_back=pdp

Last edited:
Yes me too I'm finding dabbing with a foam sponge is working well

My tsv arrived on saturday - I ordered it without seeing the full demo and assumed that the foam brush was for applying the highlighter. Did Laura apply the B&B with the large sponge tool? Haven't tried that, but it seems a bit small to get good coverage.

Laura Geller only supplies a brush, if anything for the BnB, I use a make-up dense sponge that came with a Clinique compact - easy application, no dust everywhere and it washes well. I agree with BnB lasting longer when you apply with a sponge rather than a brush.

Sent mine back today.Spent 30 mins in the Post Office and £3.15 for it to go back and whilst I was frustrated standing there and reminding myself this is why I don't buy from QVc,I'm pleased its gone back.All in all,I thought it was over-rated and overpriced.

£38 ish spent in the high street would buy a fair whack of make up I actually like (and I am one make up junkie) and a fair whack that won't make me look 10 yrs older than I really am!!!!

However I'm not going to do that,I don't really need any...I spent £20 ish last night on the CH OTO....a far better item IMO!!

I have recently switched to flocked sponge from Lily Lolo and noticed that I now don't "wear off" B&B as quickly as before and there's no dust as before and it gives a very good coverage and in seconds, much quicker than with a brush.

I like the Lily Lolo sponge too; in fact I've been very pleased with everything I've bought from the Lily Lolo range; especially like their eyeliner pencils and blushes.

Whoops, did you have to mention eyeliner pencils, Spartacus? I have a total obsession with eyeliners. Off to have a look.

They only do four shades -ive got the grey and the blue. The blue is av blue grey which suits me as most blue eyeliners are either navy which I find too harsh, or a very bright blue. For texture they're creamy and smooth to apply - like urban decay 24/7 liners but half the price.

What kind of staying power do they have Spartacus. I apply makeup at 7 a.m. and on work days it has to look good at 6 p.m. Days when I'm home, doing school run etc. I don't mind if I need to touch it up.

What kind of staying power do they have Spartacus. I apply makeup at 7 a.m. and on work days it has to look good at 6 p.m. Days when I'm home, doing school run etc. I don't mind if I need to touch it up.

I can't tell you how it lasts on a naked lid as I always apply urban decay primer potion to my eyes before applying any eye makeup. My eyelids are oily so eye makeup always disappeared by lunchtime, despite falling for claims of long lasting, 16 hour wear etc. What a joy when I discovered urban decay primer potion - a product that delivers on what it says. I apply that at 7am before doing my eye makeup and it keeps my eye makeup fixed all day - just checked the mirror and the lily lolo liner I put on this morning is still intact. As I've said though, I only ever apply any eye makeup over primer potion.

Still keeping the kit, but decided I REALLY don't like the eyeshadow palette. Used it this morning and later on when I looked on the mirror it had turned really orangey on me. The very dark shade seems just about ok, but I can see it being resigned to my ever filling drawer of make up I don't use. Actually prefer the highlighter as an eyeshadow. Still love the balance and brighten though. Actually had a very nice compliment re my complexion today, so I'll be sticking with that.

Still keeping the kit, but decided I REALLY don't like the eyeshadow palette. Used it this morning and later on when I looked on the mirror it had turned really orangey on me. The very dark shade seems just about ok, but I can see it being resigned to my ever filling drawer of make up I don't use. Actually prefer the highlighter as an eyeshadow. Still love the balance and brighten though. Actually had a very nice compliment re my complexion today, so I'll be sticking with that.

I've come to the same conclusion. I like everything very much, but the eyeshadows don't quite cut it for me. They are a bit too orangey when applied and even the darkest one goes slightly orangey when used as eyeliner. That said, everything else in the kit is super so on reflection it was still a very good buy.

I've come to the same conclusion. I like everything very much, but the eyeshadows don't quite cut it for me. They are a bit too orangey when applied and even the darkest one goes slightly orangey when used as eyeliner. That said, everything else in the kit is super so on reflection it was still a very good buy.
I'm not keen on eyeshadow either but I think I will try to use it from lashes to eye socket only, not all over the lid, because it's not light enough to go under the brow.

I received my TSV in Porcelain and it's much, much darker than the SPF one, I was gobsmacked to see such dark stripes in compact because I was under impression that Porcelain is for English Rose type of skin. I don't think so.
SPF one - may be, but it's only a may be.
--

Last edited:
porcelain spf

porcelain spfnew.jpg

porcelain non -spf

porcelain non -spfnew.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back