Links of London wow.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
I have just turned on and Links of London is on. A pair of silver earring are £130. I thought I'd misread it but no, that is the price with £5.95 P&P. It is utterly ridiculous IMO.

for earings the postage is ridiculous.

Far too expensive all round. Maybe they are more solid otherwise what are you paying for other than a name?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

If you've ever been in one of their swish shops ( always in the most expensive shopping areas) you'll realise why their prices are so high!

Another gem from JF "every home probably owns a piece of Links of London jewellery"

Really? :mysmilie_506: I don't know anyone actually, now Pandora is another story - I know LOADS of people who have Pandora bracelets :sun:

Links items are lovely and if you go to one of their shops, they are a delight to buy from. Undoubtedly, part of the price you are paying is for their expensive retail overheads. I given Links items as gifts, including beautiful photo frames, which are lovely as gifts for special occasions.

We all have different tastes, thankfully, and those Pandora bracelets are to me, a bit too, urm, popular.

I love Pandora. Massive community on Facebook for swapping etc too so never pay full price ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links items are lovely and if you go to one of their shops, they are a delight to buy from. Undoubtedly, part of the price you are paying is for their expensive retail overheads. I given Links items as gifts, including beautiful photo frames, which are lovely as gifts for special occasions.

We all have different tastes, thankfully, and those Pandora bracelets are to me, a bit too, urm, popular.

I like their things too although I have only bought them as really special gifts- a beautiful pearl and silver bracelet for my daughter when she had our first grandchild.

I love my Links Silver and Gold Sweetie Bracelet with a beautiful gold heart charm which my OH gave me for a very special birthday a few years ago. Must confess that I also have a Pandora Bracelet which I adore too because each charm has a personal meaning to me and I enjoy thinking of loved ones I've lost when I wear it.

Another gem from JF "every home probably owns a piece of Links of London jewellery"

Really? :mysmilie_506: I don't know anyone actually, now Pandora is another story - I know LOADS of people who have Pandora bracelets :sun:

Not this home!!!

I have a Troll beads bracelet, bought it years n years ago when they first arrived here and its excellent quality. I don`t think they`re such good quality nowadays. The Links stuff is nice but I`ve never gotten up close and personal with any Links items, I must have a look at them.
Last year someone bought me a Thomas Sabo bracelet, its nice but I prefer the Troll beads one.
The other day i was in town and saw Nomination bracelets, made in Italy but they`re stainless steel not silver. I must say I like the way the charms fit into them like links. In fact you remove a link and replace it with a charm-link. Quite eye catching.

Really? :mysmilie_506: I don't know anyone actually, now Pandora is another story - I know LOADS of people who have Pandora

bracelets :sun:

Another load of piffle from JF, I don't own a piece of Links and in no way do I feel deprived....

I would never pay the prices Links charge and don't buy things just because they have a lovely shop and a so called designer name. I could buy at least three or fours pairs of handmade silver earrings for the same price as those on Q and would be unlikely to see anyone else wearing the same ones. I don't like my jewellery to be too heavy either especially earrings as I find them uncomfortable so Links are not to be found in my home. lol

I actually own the QVC version which was a TSV many years ago, was it around 7 or 8 years???? Don't wear it often and took the charm off as it annoyed me.

I have a friend who has real Links of London, her one is really heavy and you know where the money went on it. I also have friends who own Pandora(never had the urge to own one or a Shamble thingy one either) as said about too popular.

I really love my pandora. Its a gold and silver mix, and each charm really does tell a story and the quality and weight is amazing.

I find Pandora bracelets look loads better (and less "common") without the Murano glass beads. I took mine off.

Another load of piffle from JF, I don't own a piece of Links and in no way do I feel deprived....

Nor do I.

Some of it was quite nice (although the rainbow coloured zebra charm was a tad odd) but as I have one of those 'commonplace' Pandora bracelets :wink: I don't need any more silver adorning my wrist or I'll never be able to left my arm up. I also prefer the way that the Pandora charms, in the main, fit onto the bracelet and don't dangle from it, whereas the charms on the Links ones looked huge to me.

Yes as Sazza said. QVC did their own version which had a heart charm on it. You could buy other charms a star and a crescent moon. It is much lighter in weight than the real Links version.

I really love my pandora. Its a gold and silver mix, and each charm really does tell a story and the quality and weight is amazing.

I find Pandora bracelets look loads better (and less "common") without the Murano glass beads. I took mine off.

I don't like the muranos either. I have a two tone bracelet and a friend in America is sending me the new bangle. Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back