Liz Earle .... Is it all that good !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Liz Earle, it's a trusted fail safe to fall back on, in between maybe trying other brands for example & the core products remain (relatively! lol) the same!
(For example, I loved a range M&S did......& then they did the usual M&S thing & it disappeared, so annoying!)

LE is always there as a back up, predictable & uncomplicated - there is one cleanser, one toner, a moisturiser based on thickish/thicker/thickest & one exfoliator, it's not rocket science deciding what to use!

I didn't necessarily want a TSV with a load of new stuff in, I want boring & familiar & big sizes of it & that's precisely what it was!

It's not a super duper, high end brand (with a price tag to match) but it mainly does what it says on the tin & for everyday cleansing, toning & moisturising, I reckon it's as good as anything else out there!

:mysmilie_515:

I'm with you 'kitten_with_claws' :)

I really like Liz Earle and it's a brand I always end up going back to and there are products in the range that are staples for me (the exfoliator, the deep cleansing mask & the Eyebright).

The Liz Earle range was my introduction into skincare when I was a teenager, by my Mum.

The only product I seem to struggle with is the moisturiser. And I like the toner but only in a sprizter canister.

L

Ooh yes after hearing about M&S formula range on here I bought the sensitive night cream the other day and so far I'm really liking it! Very soothing but not at all heavy. Got it during their 20% off event too, and on a 3 for 2 with other beauty items. Bargain! I'm really on a quest to save money on skincare.

I also bought with the 20% off and 3 for 2 - was really happy! I do like a bargain. I love the neck cream, and have just bought the age restore day cream and the age restore treatment oil.

i'm suprised liz erale can wear all the eucalyptus based skincare with exzema i cant use any of it

I love some of the range. The things I love I use all the top ... IBST and Eyebright are never missing from my stash. I really like C&P but do alternate it with the Elemis Balm Cleanser but I always have both on the go. I chop and change between Elemis Skin Buff and the LE scrub. Mainly LE these days. I like and often use the hand cream, shower gel and body lotion. And IBST, C&P and Eyebright are all things I've used for years and years. So yes I do think its all that.

Used to love C&P until they sold out to Avon - IMO they cannot claim to be as green or ethical as they did and given Avon's stance on animal testing I wouldn't support them by giving money to LE

Used to love C&P until they sold out to Avon - IMO they cannot claim to be as green or ethical as they did and given Avon's stance on animal testing I wouldn't support them by giving money to LE

LilyJo - you are quite right about their claim to be as green and ethical as they say. In fact, on the ethical chart they are to be avoided....
http://www.thegoodshoppingguide.com/ethical-skincare/

L

Ooh yes after hearing about M&S formula range on here I bought the sensitive night cream the other day and so far I'm really liking it! Very soothing but not at all heavy. Got it during their 20% off event too, and on a 3 for 2 with other beauty items. Bargain! I'm really on a quest to save money on skincare.

There was a rumour some years ago that M&S skincare was formulated by Clarins labs, I have no idea if this is true or not.

As for LE, I do like their orange flower bodywash.

I like the Liz Earle range - I like the way most of it smells (not keen on the mildly putty-ish smell of superskin original though), and I particularly like the SLS-free formulations of their hair and bathing products. But we're not all going to enjoy the same smells, or tolerate the same formulations. What might be wonderfull on one skin can be a total disaster on another.

If you're curious about it, and it would fit within your budget, best would be to visit a shop counter and ask for some samples to try and see how you get on.

I am confused with the hype over Liz Earle or maybe it's only me .My item( not Liz Earle ) ordered on that day has not been sent out saying that Liz Earle orders are many and there is a backlog .I have shopped with qvc for over a decade and have tried Liz Earle all through those years and every item I have sent back( I hardly send anything back ) as it has caused allergic reaction .so am quite confused

Fairly new to this brand but it does get some great reviews!! My friend has very sensitive skin and is almost the only brand she can use, without upsetting her skin! I like it too but do use other brands too :mysmilie_59:

There was a rumour some years ago that M&S skincare was formulated by Clarins labs, I have no idea if this is true or not.

clarins and clinique. i remember it well.

It wouldn't surprise me, most 'high end' brands also manufacture cheaper brands. The M&S sensitive night cream I've bought feels exactly the same in texture in the pot and on my skin as Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. I'm not exaggerating, it is EXACTLY the same, so the formulation is identical.

Last edited:
I didn't know that LE now belongs to Boots/Walgreens.
Just had a big Xmas LE catalogue in the post today, I must still be on their mailing list from yonks ago. There is a xmas gift hamper that costs £850!

I didn't know that LE now belongs to Boots/Walgreens.
Just had a big Xmas LE catalogue in the post today, I must still be on their mailing list from yonks ago. There is a xmas gift hamper that costs £850!
Yes, saw the hamper on the website. Don't think anyone will give it as a present to me.:-(

Unlike many on this thread, the sell out to Avon really hasn't bothered me. I use this range as and when I need it and I don't let the buy out bother me - I like the products and I'm not letting that stand in my way.

Unlike many on this thread, the sell out to Avon really hasn't bothered me. I use this range as and when I need it and I don't let the buy out bother me - I like the products and I'm not letting that stand in my way.
It doesn't belong to Avon any more anyway, it's Boots now - I can't keep up!

Who owns a brand isn't straightforward, whether it relates to cosmetics or other products.... any more than it's straightforward to find out all the information you may need to take a decision as to whether you wish to buy that brand. Whether you dislike the fact that LE was sold to a big American company for a (presumably) large profit for LE herself, or the fact that a brand with the Leaping Bunny was sold to one which does not, or the fact that jobs were scaled back, or the products are sold in China, or whatever is an important factor for you personally.

In terms of the cruelty free debate, there was a rather relevant post on Caroline Hirons' blog earlier this week - not referencing LE but it really does throw the whole debate into a larger arena of ownership than purely the different beauty brands owning each other... http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/10/tested-on-animalssold-in-china.html

Latest posts

Back