Liz Earle - Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a sample of each of the shade with my order (LE site) today, and it makes it seem on the QVC site that Beige is the darkest as it's the last one, but it is the medium one (02) for medium skin tones. I matched them against my MAC one and the medium is for me, albeit a little lighter, but Beach (03) is definitely too dark and Bare (01) too light. There aren't even any shades to look at online (QVC) to help you choose!

This seems quite a good set though.

I got a sample of each of the shade with my order (LE site) today, and it makes it seem on the QVC site that Beige is the darkest as it's the last one, but it is the medium one (02) for medium skin tones. I matched them against my MAC one and the medium is for me, albeit a little lighter, but Beach (03) is definitely too dark and Bare (01) too light. There aren't even any shades to look at online (QVC) to help you choose!

This seems quite a good set though.

I think QVC always put shades in alphabetical order, which is a bit confusing as you would assume the first one is the lightest etc. Not so. Its just their strange way of doing things.

What did you think of the skin tint? I have to put an order in to LE soon so maybe i will get sample too. I had a feeling they would do this, as i have usually received samples of new products when i ordered from their website. I doubt if i will be buying the full size as I am sorted with my Laura Mercier one.

I think QVC always put shades in alphabetical order, which is a bit confusing as you would assume the first one is the lightest etc. Not so. Its just their strange way of doing things.

What did you think of the skin tint? I have to put an order in to LE soon so maybe i will get sample too. I had a feeling they would do this, as i have usually received samples of new products when i ordered from their website. I doubt if i will be buying the full size as I am sorted with my Laura Mercier one.

Oh right, I didn't realise - well, thinking about it, that's the weird thing they would do!!! I'm really happy with my MAC stuff, but it was nice to get a sample of the new LE stuff, received a lovely Superskin concentrate sample as well, but I am pleased with my Decleor atm as I got the Aromessence TSV back in May or whenever it was! ~(and their latest one oops!!), always nice to try new things though. I may indulge in the Superskin one at a later date/fantastic TSV etc,etc at some point! The LE skin tint felt nice on my skin, thought it was quite rich, so might be good for my skin for the winter months, so if my MAC doesn't seem moisturising enough over the coming months I may get the LE one.

Does the skin tint smell anything like the skin repair or superskin? If it does I can't wear it :doh:

Jude xx

Isn't the skin tint £21? I'm not sure this kit is a good price to be honest. QVC's LE pricing is pretty poor (apart from TSVs). You can usually get better offers from the LE website.

Thanks for the info Tabatha. I am going to try the Bare - no doubt it will be too dark for my ghostly face but I least I will know.
Think it works out at about £41 "ml for ml" plus postage, so a decent price.

I didn't know it was borage that caused that strange smell,have noticed it in some other products too--Trilogy skincare to name but one,thanks for the info OFJ.

I have been using the Sheer Skin Tint for nearly a week now and I really like it. The bare is light enough for my skin and does not seem to oxidise later in the day and it is still there to be removed after a good 10hrs. My skin is on the oilier side of normal and I have open pores, rosacea and blackheads (I am 45!), the product has quite a rich texture but a little goes a long way and after rubbing/smoothing it on the centre of my face I am able to go over the extra red bits with a bit extra and it sort of sets - I do not need concealer, but a bit of powder and I need to powder a bit later on. What has impressed me the most is that I can use it around my eyes and it does not settle there at any stage during the day, neither does it break up on my skin some 3-4hrs later as most TMs/foundations I have tried (Laura Mercier, NARS, MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Clinique...the list goes on). I am also glad that the pale shade isn't too yellow. I agree that this may not be the best way to try the Sheer Skin Tint, I bought mine direct from LE where you are sent sample sachets of the 3 shades to try before opening the full size of the shade ordered, the idea being that if you have ordered the wrong shade in the full size you can send it back unopended for the correct side. Hope this helps.

Do you use Sheer Skin Tint without moisturising beforehand or would you need a moisturiser underneath on areas where skin is more dry? I'm unsure as I've never used a tinted moisturiser before. I'm guessing that the word "moisturiser" is a clue but want to make sure. TIA:handshake:

Havent tried LE so I may be wrong but Im loathe to splash out on a range when the owner it LE herself always bangs on about having terribly dry skin to be honest if shes been using her products for years then surely she would nt have dry skin or am i being pedantic

Well I amazingly got the three samples in the post this morning with the newsletter, tried the beige and beach on my hand as I knew full well they would be too dark. The bare is quite a good match and I dont know if its just me but this feels more like a normal foundation than a tinted mosturizer to be honest, I used the full sample today (prob didnt need as much) and it covered pretty well. So I agree definately buildable colour, it takes a while to 'dry in' and then I applied some LG b&b in porcelain on top. I'm off to the hairdressers then a food shop so will let you know how well it lasts after that lot!

So far though I'm pretty impressed! My skin is spot prone, acne scarred, oily/combination, so if it can cover all that and last the day then I might buy it at end of the month.

PS I couldnt pick up on any smell to be honest!

I also received my samples today inside the Autumn newsletter,it was a nice surprise.Liz's skin looked lovely on the shows today.she is certainly a good advert for her products.

I was going to buy the Try Me today but got my samples this morning with the newsletter. Not that keen really so I'm glad they came first. It's a bit cakey for me. Not a tinted moisturiser at all, more a full coverage foundation which needs powdering down when it dries as it's rather shiney. I'll be sticking to my usual Chanel cream compact.

I got a sample of each shade of the Skin Tint when my new LE winter newsletter arrived today. I tried the Beige (02) as I am a medium skin tone, but on the lighter side. Its really lovely, and the coverage is very natural. I gave my daughter the Bare (01) sample to try. She's nearly 14 and loves Cleanse & Polish and she really likes the Skin Tint too. I don't need to buy any for myself - I have lots of foundations, including Laura Geller, to use up first. My daughter doesn't need it either at the moment (she has some BE to use up) but she has a birthday at the end of November so I've ordered the Try Me to put away as a birthday pressie from the cats (!!). She'll like the other bits in it too.:wink:

Well I amazingly got the three samples in the post this morning with the newsletter, tried the beige and beach on my hand as I knew full well they would be too dark. The bare is quite a good match and I dont know if its just me but this feels more like a normal foundation than a tinted mosturizer to be honest, I used the full sample today (prob didnt need as much) and it covered pretty well. So I agree definately buildable colour, it takes a while to 'dry in' and then I applied some LG b&b in porcelain on top. I'm off to the hairdressers then a food shop so will let you know how well it lasts after that lot!

So far though I'm pretty impressed! My skin is spot prone, acne scarred, oily/combination, so if it can cover all that and last the day then I might buy it at end of the month.

PS I couldnt pick up on any smell to be honest!

Update - it lasted pretty well, topped up my LG powder but that was all really, I felt it looked better as I went through the day (which I find with BE as well). Will possibly buy this after my holiday for winter and see how it fairs in a cramped office for 8 hours! lol

Latest posts

Back