Liz Earle TSV 26/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fellow super Superdrug fan here too! :)

Think the card holder post used to be set at £5. Then £10 and now £15 but it’s still brilliant! And a good service.

I like the Vitamin E *Intensive* All Over Body Cream 475ml Often on offer £3.33...

Also recently discovered their oat and coconut sensitive oil infused cream too which is great!
Yes I think you are correct about the card holder limit… but as you say it doesn’t take much to spend £15!
I get my simple toner from them, always on offer!
Is that the big tub of vitamin E? Been using that for years. A travel rep friend recommended it. Said its great for skin that’s been in the sun.
I love superdrug… they do the child’s farm range too which is a great replacement for LE hair care

I think a few of us have seen changes with the shampoo…. They just won’t stop fiddling with the products…they must be loosing so many customers
I certainly have! The shampoo is now drying and leaves my scalp itchy and my forehead like sandpaper if I let it get it on my skin. Won’t buy the tonic anymore either which I am so disappointed about as it was the only toner that didn’t sting my ultra sensitive skin.

Do I gather they have fiddled with the eyebright too? If so I shan’t buy that again either. No more TSVs for me now. They have ruined LE and no amount of 20/25% offers will tempt people to buy products they have changed for the worse.

I certainly have! The shampoo is now drying and leaves my scalp itchy and my forehead like sandpaper if I let it get it on my skin. Won’t buy the tonic anymore either which I am so disappointed about as it was the only toner that didn’t sting my ultra sensitive skin.

Do I gather they have fiddled with the eyebright too? If so I shan’t buy that again either. No more TSVs for me now. They have ruined LE and no amount of 20/25% offers will tempt people to buy products they have changed for the worse.

I've been suffering from this since Christmas and I thought it must have an after effect from Covid as they both happened around the same time.
I wonder if it could actually be the shampoo?
I'll ditch it for a few weeks and see if things improve. Thanks for the heads up PC.

Yes I think you are correct about the card holder limit… but as you say it doesn’t take much to spend £15!
I get my simple toner from them, always on offer!
Is that the big tub of vitamin E? Been using that for years. A travel rep friend recommended it. Said its great for skin that’s been in the sun.
I love superdrug… they do the child’s farm range too which is a great replacement for LE hair care
There is a regular vitamin e body cream - yes in huge 475ml size! - which I’ve used but it’s not rich enough for me.
But they do the same cream in the “intensive” version which I prefer :)

Then you can also step up to the body butter or the oat oil cream I mentioned above all good!

SD vitamin e inspired by Liz Earle range - same hot cloth cleanser, facial mist etc?

Afrer years of using QVC "high end" skincare I am going back to basics with Boots and Superdrug. Its more just for a change but its not a bad thing with fuel prices at an all time high its a case of needs must.
It’s a good opportunity to see what’s out there…
‘I haven’t found any of the Aldi dupes work for me sadly, but I love superdrug

Yes the eye right has been fiddled with I believe…
I’m. It buying any TSV’s from them now.
‘I do like their body wash and superskin moisturiser but how long before they get fiddled with…

There is a regular vitamin e body cream - yes in huge 475ml size! - which I’ve used but it’s not rich enough for me.
But they do the same cream in the “intensive” version which I prefer :)

Then you can also step up to the body butter or the oat oil cream I mentioned above all good!

SD vitamin e inspired by Liz Earle range - same hot cloth cleanser, facial mist etc?
That’s the cream I use! Such great value. The body butter hubby uses as body cream, lip balm and face moisturiser!
The hot cloth cleanser is superb! Even the cloth is good… and it’s always on offer, second one half price or something. I don’t like their toner funny enough, but I’m really happy with the simple toner so all good.

Ive found Elemis PCMC suits my skin so I can spurge on that and save on the superdrug buys!

I think LE are now trying to entice new customers that didn't know what the original brand was like. You must be pretty dedicated to continue to buy when you know the products you bought before were so much better in quality and performance to what they are now. The prices are not bargain basement are they when you consider they must have used inferior, cheaper ingredients. I admire Caroline Archer for going out there and still banging the drum when she must know fine well the products are not what they were (IMO and I was a longstanding customer). For me, it says a lot for Fiona when she ditched Decleor. She clearly didn't want to sell products she no longer believed in.

CC

I think LE are now trying to entice new customers that didn't know what the original brand was like. You must be pretty dedicated to continue to buy when you know the products you bought before were so much better in quality and performance to what they are now. The prices are not bargain basement are they when you consider they must have used inferior, cheaper ingredients. I admire Caroline Archer for going out there and still banging the drum when she must know fine well the products are not what they were (IMO and I was a longstanding customer). For me, it says a lot for Fiona when she ditched Decleor. She clearly didn't want to sell products she no longer believed in.

CC
I honestly think Fiona knew that Q were about to ditch Decleor so she said she was leaving before it became public knowledge. It's telling that once Fiona left, they never actually had another Decleor show.

I agree about LE though. If my face clears up in the next week, that will be my absolute finish with the brand. To think I was actually considering buying some of their Pro-Biotic range to try and clear my face up when it seems likely to me that it was one of their products that was actually causing it. 😡

That’s the cream I use! Such great value. The body butter hubby uses as body cream, lip balm and face moisturiser!
The hot cloth cleanser is superb! Even the cloth is good… and it’s always on offer, second one half price or something. I don’t like their toner funny enough, but I’m really happy with the simple toner so all good.

Ive found Elemis PCMC suits my skin so I can spurge on that and save on the superdrug buys!
Your hubs uses a body cream on his body?

I honestly think Fiona knew that Q were about to ditch Decleor so she said she was leaving before it became public knowledge. It's telling that once Fiona left, they never actually had another Decleor show.

I agree about LE though. If my face clears up in the next week, that will be my absolute finish with the brand. To think I was actually considering buying some of their Pro-Biotic range to try and clear my face up when it seems likely to me that it was one of their products that was actually causing it. 😡
Fiona left about two years ago. Long before they left QVC late last year. More likely it was the change in the products and quality.

Fiona left about two years ago. Long before they left QVC late last year. More likely it was the change in the products and quality.
I don’t know when Decleor officially left Q, (although I think it was a lot sooner than late last year), but it doesn’t change the fact that Q didn’t have a full Decleor show after Fiona said she has finished working for the brand.

I tried to start a thread here on the QVC forum bc it thought it was relevant since lots of chat on this and other threads about Superdrug and Boots purchases and alternatives....

However sadly it’s been moved to the Bargain ??something thread under “great deals”, which I know few people see (and I personally rarely remember to look at or post in) :(

You can see the full details there but just to help people out, thought I would stick “headlines” here as a reminder to go look at the bargain section!

I feel a big SD order coming on... (Do need lots!)

“Know we’ve been talking about various Superdrug on threads here recently and of course Boots also sells Liz Earle (for those of us still bothering!) and just spotted both got deals for this weekend.

There is quite a high minimum spend but does apply across most all products...

Superdrug offering 20% off everything (inc already reduced and BOGOF etc etc).... when you spend £35 plus...
Free post over £25 (or £15 if you have SD card)
“*Save 20% when you spend £35 online only between 18/02/22 - 20/02/22

Boots is 10% off almost everything min £50 spend and code is FLASH10.
Ends Monday... X

They did a TSV after Fiona left. I can remember the girl who replaced her doing full shows.

Fiona left to start her own business.

I don’t know when Decleor officially left Q, (although I think it was a lot sooner than late last year), but it doesn’t change the fact that Q didn’t have a full Decleor show after Fiona said she has finished working for the brand.
Fiona left Decleor in October 2019. She continued to do the shows on Q for them on a freelance basis until February 2021. After that there was not another Decleor show.

Wish I'd stockpiled Decleor. What am I talking about, I did!! However, it's nearly all gone now apart from the oil, the fake tan and half a tube of eye cream. That iris oil was a dream product.

CC
I too am at the end of my considerable Decleor stash...... Last bit of balm left. Still has an oil left to use. Feel quite sad about it but I must admit the recent(ish) Elemis TSV which was just cleansing balm, PCMC and eye serum is fantastic so is easing my pain currently! If they do more of them instead of loads of small bits of rubbish I might be a convert.

Latest posts

Back