L'Occitane TSV 22/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to say I was spectacularly unimpressed with both the contents and the presentation of this TSV.
I struggled to hear what what Alexis was saying and while the presenter went on and on and on about the value of 2 items at no point did they give you a total value of the whole kit.
Not only that but how can 10 mil of hand cream be good value 3 squirts and it is gone so a sample size in my opinion.
I am also very aware of just how many items are now on easy pay, and the presenters spend ages saying you can get this home for only £££ very rarely mentioning that you have to make further payments, and with no limit to how many items you can have on easy pay before you know it you could be spending £100's every month on payments. I always wonder just how many people end up with far more easy payments than they can really afford.

I have to say I was spectacularly unimpressed with both the contents and the presentation of this TSV.
I struggled to hear what what Alexis was saying and while the presenter went on and on and on about the value of 2 items at no point did they give you a total value of the whole kit.
Not only that but how can 10 mil of hand cream be good value 3 squirts and it is gone so a sample size in my opinion.
I am also very aware of just how many items are now on easy pay, and the presenters spend ages saying you can get this home for only £££ very rarely mentioning that you have to make further payments, and with no limit to how many items you can have on easy pay before you know it you could be spending £100's every month on payments. I always wonder just how many people end up with far more easy payments than they can really afford.

I am sure there are loads of people who get caught up in the easy pay is brilliant and look we are saving you money you only have to pay ££ instead of £££££. It is a trap you can get caught up in, the but its only £15 or £20 a month not when you have two or three a month to pay. I know on the Elemis TSVs people buy 5 or more!!!

I have only ever had one easy pay on the go at a time and many times thought by number two I should have just paid it straight up. In fact I did that with the last Wen TSV, thought bugger it just buy outright.

Looking on locci site this represents excellent vfm. It's 30ml of hand cream not 15ml. The shower oil in that size isn't on their web site (refill is). If you add the items up including pp. it's a very good price. If you like the almond range even better.

The 500mls of Almond Shower Oil in the stores is or was £25, I used to wait until the 20% off instore and get it for £20!!! But that was when Belfast store was L'Occitane Ireland, now we are UK and they don't do the 20% off regular stock. The 500mls size is always in stock instore.

Its weird the way L'Occitane is with different regions getting different deals and even stock. Belfast because its the distributor was in Dublin we got stuff before the UK sometimes. And better sales deals too. I remember buying the edp Flora Iris and Cedar at half price each, but it was still £56 in the UK site and stores for a long time afterwards. I asked and was told oh we are discontinuing this range, but the UK still sold it for up to a year later at full price. Still goes for big money on ebay funnily enough.

Almond Collection
500ml shower oil
500ml shower oil eco refill
250ml almond milk veil
almond soap
30ml delicious almond hands

Does anyone know if they have changed the almond shower oil formulation in the last few years? I have never bought the almond shower oil but have smelt it before in stores but a loooong time ago and liked it but Alexis was saying that the smell is almond with apple and vanilla! What I smelt was pure almond! Also some say the smell lingers and some say the opposite! Is the smell faint? I love almond scents and have got the bodyshop's almond hand cream and shower gel but always thought loccitane's almond scent to be more authentic. What does everyone think? Thanks :)

Well I like it very much but it is not a standard almond smell as we usually get it in stores, IMO. Their hand wash was more that kind of smell. This is difficult to describe I think but it is very pretty and nothing of marzipan about it. It does not last long on my skin really but that is because a) nothing does and b) I use body lotion and perfume. However it does last a long time in the bathroom after a shower. If they hadn't lost my last TSV I would have gone for this but may now just get a treat from my local L'Occitane shop.

The 500mls of Almond Shower Oil in the stores is or was £25, I used to wait until the 20% off instore and get it for £20!!! But that was when Belfast store was L'Occitane Ireland, now we are UK and they don't do the 20% off regular stock. The 500mls size is always in stock instore.

Its weird the way L'Occitane is with different regions getting different deals and even stock. Belfast because its the distributor was in Dublin we got stuff before the UK sometimes. And better sales deals too. I remember buying the edp Flora Iris and Cedar at half price each, but it was still £56 in the UK site and stores for a long time afterwards. I asked and was told oh we are discontinuing this range, but the UK still sold it for up to a year later at full price. Still goes for big money on ebay funnily enough.

i suspect the rent in high street kensington, canary wharf, reagent street, victoria, et all put paid to heavy discounting in the l'occitane stores. i believe the almond oil 250ml bottle is £17 a bottle. the refil is around £23 for 500ml. the almond soap is around £4 the viel is £28 or thereabouts. the smell is very lovely. imo. the bathroom smells lush after a shower.

these almond tsv's are quite popular i remember the days when this range was very pricey to buy as individual items. if it was not lovely to the majority facebbok would not have soo many fans when this is the tsv lol. now people can afford to treat themselves to one of the most popular ranges that l'occitane have ever launched. imo. its not wildly discounted but its a fair price. this will last me over a year as i will rotate it with my other fav loccy items. on the subject of easy pays i would rather a £5 off and no easy pays. but some customers obviously like easy pays hence why qvc offer them a lot more than ever before.

on the subject of easy pays i would rather a £5 off and no easy pays. but some customers obviously like easy pays hence why qvc offer them a lot more than ever before.

So many people on the Facebook page say they couldn't afford to buy various items from QVC without easypay but the way I look at it is that you have to pay the full price whether it's in one go or over several months.

Just been watching the start of the 5.00 show whilst trying to resist the TSV, although I do think a whole,litre is too much for one person. However, Alexis has just said my two least favourite phrases, Divine by name, divine by nature, swiftly followed by sift and gift, so will now get up and find something else to do. I suppose at least there was no bergamont!

My first L'Occitane purchase in ages, went for the TSV this morning, haven't had the shower oil for some time but I do like it ( mainly because I use the soaps all the time & they last.My other favorite is the handwash which is on Advanced orders.That's me done.Agree it could be easy to get carried away with EZP & the way they keep pushing the point. I make sure I do not have multiple items on EZP at the same time.

Just been watching the start of the 5.00 show whilst trying to resist the TSV, although I do think a whole,litre is too much for one person. However, Alexis has just said my two least favourite phrases, Divine by name, divine by nature, swiftly followed by sift and gift, so will now get up and find something else to do. I suppose at least there was no bergamont!

alexis also said stock pile, xmas gifts and long shelf life lol

I don't think this TSV has been as popular as L'Occitane and QVC anticipated, they keep saying how last time they had an Almond TSV they sold 28,000 so far this one has only sold 12,000.

I think £asy-pays are more for QVC's benefit than ours.

the tsv price could have been shaved down a bit but they tend to charge more when they do easy pays. and some people will buy a lot more. l'occitane is a bit of a weakness but i have not bought a tsv in years

7.50 and we just got a teacher's gift if we split up a 7 piece cherry collection. I thought she meant the whole thing at first at £25!

One thing I do like though is that none of them can interrupt or shout over Alexis, she will not be diverted, so their ghastly tactics/bad manners do not work with her!

Last edited:
I don't think this TSV has been as popular as L'Occitane and QVC anticipated, they keep saying how last time they had an Almond TSV they sold 28,000 so far this one has only sold 12,000.

and there is a still anather almond tsv lurking in the wings

I think it's the wrong time of year for Almond oil and am very surprised they've done it in June. I always used L'Occitane before they lost their cruelty-free accreditation and I love the Almond oil but, to me, it's much more of an Autumn/Winter fragrance. It's a warming product and fragrance, and much as I love it I never used it in the summer. At this time of year I'd be using something like verbena or cherry blossom, which are light, fresh and clean for the summer.

I think it's the wrong time of year for Almond oil and am very surprised they've done it in June. I always used L'Occitane before they lost their cruelty-free accreditation and I love the Almond oil but, to me, it's much more of an Autumn/Winter fragrance. It's a warming product and fragrance, and much as I love it I never used it in the summer. At this time of year I'd be using something like verbena or cherry blossom, which are light, fresh and clean for the summer.
I agree. I think the almond is more of an Autumn/Winter fragrance too. I also stopped buying L`Occitane because of their China connection, can`t say I miss anything from the range except their shea handcream.

Latest posts

Back