Lola Rose Tree of Life Scarf

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
This item is now on Q at a cost of £51 plus P&P FOR A WOOL SCARF

Now Im no cheapskate but £55 for a scarf. they must be out of their minds

There is a review that is textbook QVC

"I ordered this as couldn't believe the price - thank you QVC. The scarf is beautifully made, feels amazing especially as it's wool. the design is lovely and the colours lovely, the scarf is just lovely and perfect to give as a gift to a anyone, though this time kept it myself!!!!"

I cant believe the sodding price either :thinking:

ps Do you get the impression that they think its lovely

Last edited:
I agree.
What you're actually paying is £10.00 for the scarf & £41.00 for the name Lola Rose.

And yes, I've been guilty of buying things for the 'name' in the past. Not anymore, can't afford to TBH.

I agree.
What you're actually paying is £10.00 for the scarf & £41.00 for the name Lola Rose.

And yes, I've been guilty of buying things for the 'name' in the past. Not anymore, can't afford to TBH.

Dont think youre alone there Mr M we can all be seduced by the "name". I used to be obsessed with labels until I realised that was exactly what I was paying for (the name) not the quality of the goods. No more though these days if I like it I get it even if its from the high street (oh no the high street :sweat:)

I saw a couple of her scarves in TKMaxx yesterday for £25 - I even put my specs on to check they were LR. Might not be this season's range but.....

They also had Carole Hochman jimjams and dressing gowns, Pecksniff's handwash and hand cream (separately and in little containers holding both), heaps of the TSV non-slip hangers and lots of gorgeous handbags!

Last edited:
I bought one from John Lewis in the January clearance, paid about £20 for it or thereabouts. Came in a nice Lola Rose gift box. Wish I hadn't bothered though - it itches my neck, it's not very soft and there were lots of loose threads. It's very similar in quality to a scarf I bought in the Far East for about £10.

I bought one from John Lewis in the January clearance, paid about £20 for it or thereabouts. Came in a nice Lola Rose gift box. Wish I hadn't bothered though - it itches my neck, it's not very soft and there were lots of loose threads. It's very similar in quality to a scarf I bought in the Far East for about £10.

Not lovely then :tongue:

Dont think youre alone there Mr M we can all be seduced by the "name". I used to be obsessed with labels until I realised that was exactly what I was paying for (the name) not the quality of the goods. No more though these days if I like it I get it even if its from the high street (oh no the high street :sweat:)

Speak for yourself takes more than the mention of a name to get me going. :tongue:

Pipa has just said her son sleeps with hers as it has the smell of her perfume on it.

How the other half live.......... :thinking:

A tissue with Olbas oil on here.

Pippa probably gets freebies. She's very friendly with Nicky :cheeky:

In cooler months I am rarely seen without a scarf or a pashmina. I absolutely love and my preferred choice comes in at more than the Lola Rose ones. BUT they are a mix of pashmina and silk. And I wear each one probably twice a week and they last and last so cost per wear is my excuse. They are also "buttery soft" to quote QVC.

I do own ones that were less expensive but the quality and more importantly the warmth just isn't there. They're by a known name but not recognisable as such.

I love to wear a scarf and even in 'summer' I sometimes wear a thin lightweight one. I have about 25 and recently I was in Ghent in Belgium and bought a couple for 1euro each at a lovely little shop in a side street I also loved the 60's musice the shopkeeper had on his cd player. I would expect to get a jacket and scarf for the price of the Lola Rose one. Totally extortionate IMO.

I've actually got the curly wool that was on yesterday, and i'm planning on knitting a

scarf for my daughter for christmas, only 100 days he he. Problem is i've had the

wool for ages and not got around to doing it yet. Seeing it yesterday reminded me,

and its all plain so i should be able to do it, its funny wool though, you've to miss

a bit and then wind it round, think thats whats putting me of :dull:

It's a brand/business name. I thought I heard them say yesterday that Lola was Nicky's grandmother's name and Rose is her favourite flower. When I had to come up a business name it hurt my pea brain to even think about it. So my business is my son's middle name and then his first name which is also my father's name. My name is nowhere to be seen!

Thanks Disenchanted- will be down to my local TK Maxx tomorrow, I fancy a LR scarf, but as has been said already, can't justify 50 quid plus for a scarf!! Good old TK Maxx always good for le Q names at a sensible pricee:mysmilie_508:::

There were a few Michael DiCesare hair stuff bits in TK Maxx the other day when I popped in.

On the subject of scarves, most of mine are inexpensive ones (£15 max). The only really expensive one I own is an Alexander McQueen grey knitted wool scarf that I've had for about 6 years (therefore designed by him when he was alive). It cost about £150 at the time (I was working and I just splurged on it) Its long so I can wrap it 2-3x round my neck, its soft, thick and very warm and it looks like a proper knitted scarf. I love it. It washes like a dream on a wool setting. It has not pilled or bobbled. I wear it every day outside during winter. I expect to wear it for many years to come. My cheapie scarves and wraps haven't lasted anywhere near as long, although I've not expected them to. I doubt I would splurge like that again (can't afford it anymore), but sometimes, a designer name is synonymous with superior quality. Not always, but sometimes. Definitely with Alexander McQueen in my case!

I have one of the early Lola scarves in the Pantone grey print which I think I got from Last Clicks. It's not one of the wool ones, more a very lightweight one and def. more decorative than anything else but is a great summer scarf. BTW in our TK Maxx at weekend was loads of Nails Inc crackle polish - trend over alert! - but managed to get a boxed Lulu Guinness handbag mirror in pouch for £4.99 - happy days!

Latest posts

Back