Lola rose tsv 29/3/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really don't know why they do that.
Had the same problem with a South Western turquoise neclace. There were some beautiful, well matched stones......all at the back! The ones at the front were all shapes & colours, some were even chipped.
I did like the style of the necklace but it took three attempts to get a good one.

I bought the blue sandstone one and I think I've been suckered into Lola Rose again! Yes its nice - but not really what I was expecting.I can't help but feel my local london Wallis sells pretty much the same thing at half the price..................will wear for my much paid for 30 MBG and then decide.

I was just wondering if anyone who bought the Pink Lilly or Blue Sandstone (with it in) has any of Lola's Berry Quartzite to compare it to, please? They nearly did a couple of time on the shows but I never actually saw them do it. I've got a few pieces in Berry and would like to know if the Pink Lilly is very different.

Thanks.

OooK. The pink lily is very different from the berry quartz. It's a very muted or faded Rose pink and if you put it next to bright pink it looks more lilac. It's definitely not a match but you could probably wear the two together as long as they weren't too close together. So a ring and a necklace rather than a ring and a bracelet but of course it is about personal choice.

I feel that rose quartz goes better with the lily quartz.

I love pink and I think this is a pink that non pinky girls could/would wear.

Lordy I hope that helps. I'll be keeping mine btw.

OooK. The pink lily is very different from the berry quartz. It's a very muted or faded Rose pink and if you put it next to bright pink it looks more lilac. It's definitely not a match but you could probably wear the two together as long as they weren't too close together. So a ring and a necklace rather than a ring and a bracelet but of course it is about personal choice.

I feel that rose quartz goes better with the lily quartz.

I love pink and I think this is a pink that non pinky girls could/would wear.

Lordy I hope that helps. I'll be keeping mine btw.

Thank you Tinkerbelle. I was hoping that was going to be case. I'm trying to build up collections in different stones and didn't want to go for it if it was similar to the Berry Quartzite.

I'm glad you like yours.

My Ivory tsv has arrived and is lovely,all the stones are evenly coloured and it looks really nice on :happy:

Thanks for the welcome Loveinamist! I've actually been around here, off and on, for years, but mainly lurking (I love hearing about TSVs ahead of time) but I couldn't remember my password. Couldn't get it reset either, so I re-registered!

My Blue Sandstone necklace arrived today. No nasty surprises, unlike the Aqua, so I'm pleased with it and will be keeping it. Shame though, because it's not nearly as summery looking as the Aqua, and I wanted something summery. I'll probably end up buying one of the friendship bracelets in Lemon Quartzite with my refund, I liked the look of that colour :wink:

Thank you Tinkerbelle. I was hoping that was going to be case. I'm trying to build up collections in different stones and didn't want to go for it if it was similar to the Berry Quartzite.

I'm glad you like yours.

You're very welcome. For some reason I thought you were wanted it to match rather than to be different. So I thought I was delivering bad news not good lol.

Which stones are you collecting? I have berry, coffestone and Rose pink. Oh and gold and blue sandstone.

You're very welcome. For some reason I thought you were wanted it to match rather than to be different. So I thought I was delivering bad news not good lol.

Which stones are you collecting? I have berry, coffestone and Rose pink. Oh and gold and blue sandstone.

So far I have Berry Quartzite, Coffee stone, Rose Pink, Black, Mookite, Blue Sandstone and Natural Blue Howlite. I like to have a necklace, bracelet and earrings in a certain stone then collect another set. It's growing slowly. :happy:

Last edited:
I recieved the Pink Lilly - more dusky than I originally thought but no markings! Hurrah!

I have to admit that what I most like about LR is it's very tactile. I love the sound of the clangs and the feel of the stones - and if they are pink - all the better!

However, if I'm honest, when I put together my outfit, I try my LR but usually don't end up wearing it in favour of silver. For some reason I never quite think it looks as 'cool' on me as it does on Nikki - maybe I feel a bit 'mummsy' wearing it. :doh:

Because of this I am debating whether to return, it's great but a very expensive piece for just it's tactile qualities...we'll see.

I'll wear my Lola Rose rings far more often than the necklaces or bracelets because I think the rings go with everything from a smart black suit for work to jeans or a summer dress. But I tend to wear the rest with more casual clothes and definitely wear them more in the summer than the winter. And although I like matching pieces I think wearing all of them together doesn't really work on me.

I live in jeans and I think a bit of Lola Rose makes it look more interesting. I do mix and match as well. I think Berry Quartz and Blue Sandstone together is my favourite. One of my favourite pieces is a Blue Sandstone necklace that has one Berry bead in it. I probably wear that the most.

I think I also wear it more in Summer. I'm adventurous then and wear it with cropped jeans! lol

I have loads of different LR pieces, and have a couple of favourites: love yellows and ivory for this summer and berries, black agate and pea green quartz in winter
I will not wear a bracelet and necklace at the same time as to me , it is a bit OTT.
I can wear a ring and bracelet or ring/necklace. But never all combined or bracelet with necklace. I do wear a couple of bracelets together.
I love her rings most of all, but they are very pricey. Love the gold plated ones, but the gold wears off very quickly

I received my Ivory and Blue Sandstone necklaces on Thursday. I think Nikki has excelled herself this time. The quality is fantastic and the price was representative of what a TSV should really be. A bit like old QVC times. The Ivory goes with everything and looks fab but I kind of knew it would. What has really surprised me was the Blue Sandstone one. The pink is gorgeous and not the bright bubblegum pink I was expecting. The other surprise is how fantastically well the colour combinations go with most things in my wardrobe. Thank you Nikki and QVC!

Love hate relationship with Lola rose

Oh well must just be me then. Stones are gorgeous I went for the neutral. I find it much too heavy for me. The extender toggles at the back keep swinging to the front. Tried it longer and the toggle at the back feels uncomfortable on my neck. Shame as I think the colour of the stones are fab. So for me this one will be on it's way to QV!

You are not on your own Snowstorm, I ordered 2 in Ivory & Coffee & although I really like them the weight for me is a real turn off.Will keep trying before I decide to return.I love the 'clink' of the stones in LR pieces & wear several bracelets at once.

Well I'm gutted - ordered 4 pieces of Lola Rose jewellery and all have gone missing in the post. QVC are sending me declaration forms so I can get my money back. As well as being upset that the jewellery didn't show up, I just hope QVC don't think I am trying to pull a fast one (even to me it looks fishy that the jewellery is a no show but the skin primer arrived ok :sweat:). Wish I could get everything sent to me via courier - it would be worth paying extra to have items tracked.

My aqua necklace arrived today and I've been lucky with the stones, no odd brown ones stuck in anywhere. I love the bracelet but I'm not sure if the necklace really suits me. I'm not used to wearing necklaces and although I expected it to be heavy, I'm not sure if I could put up with it around my neck for any length of time. I've had a few returns lately and I'm thinking about the letter I may get if I return it.

My aqua necklace arrived today and I've been lucky with the stones, no odd brown ones stuck in anywhere. I love the bracelet but I'm not sure if the necklace really suits me. I'm not used to wearing necklaces and although I expected it to be heavy, I'm not sure if I could put up with it around my neck for any length of time. I've had a few returns lately and I'm thinking about the letter I may get if I return it.

They are heavy but you do get used to it quite quickly and once it's been on for a while you don't notice the weight as much.

I understand where you're coming from on returning it but you really shouldn't be put in the situation that you don't feel you can return something in case you get the letter. I did mention before that I think you could sell it on eBay for more than the TSV price.

If anyone is in a similar pickle with the sandstone one let md know and I'll take it off your hands for TSV price plus the postage costs for a friend of mine who missed it.

tinkerbelle is right you do get used to the wieght. my friends at work cannot believe how heavy they are. i have the chloe which is huge but lola rose is usually well balanced.
if you dont want it it is still a lot of money so you should return it

Latest posts

Back