Margerine Burgerbar

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit to feeling admiration for someone who keeps herself so fit, I've been planning to do it for the last 10 years! I heard her say she was 57, so I don't think she looks too bad PPC, but I'm with you on the the JR leg flinging bit!

57? She had a baby a couple of years ago...blimey.:eek:

I heard her say she's had 2 c-sections (who cares - tmi ) the last one at 46. :pPC:

Yes, perhaps too thin but she does look good for her age ... and it just shows what a good excercise routine can do for a person .. along with eating sensibly :)

I use my pilates machine 3 or 4 times a week and it's fab ... does keep me supple and strong and the cardio board IMO, isn't as easy as they say... it is excellent, but you know you have done it, I do 45 mins on a treadmill most days and I can just about do 15 mins on the board :)

Blimey that's very good I can only manage 100 jumps :ninja: per time. :whew2:

You'll get there ... I have built up to that, lol when I first did it I could only manage a few minutes :)

Thanks I'm trying to build it up plus loosing weight, just had a break for half term holiday returning with a bad cough/cold but managed 100 alternate step jumps today.

:flower:

got to say the the pilates machine has done wonders for my bum knee though

I was sceptical initially but I've also noticed a huge improvement in my dodgy knee/joints since I bought the machine and I've lost inches which can't be bad. I do think she's went a bit to far with the "Madonaesque" arms:muscle: though. I even signed up for pilates classes for early next year but I'll pass on the choccy drink!:tongue2:

Last edited:
oh your post made me laugh, and i thought i would sum up the courage to ask this - you know Pilates - and how its prounounced as (i will do it the way it sounds to me ) Pea lar tays, now I thought it was pronounced like PILOTS - because nobody calls Pirates PIE RIGHT TAYS do they? or is it me, am i missing something? well just thought i would raise it - its been a burning issue with me - xxx:thinking2:

Its called Pea la tays after the man who invented it. Like the Yogi Bear cartoon organisation is Hanna Bar bear ah for the same reason

Fantastic name BB!

How many people in the UK have laid on this very pricey ironing board, launched themselves towards the foot trampoline, and the gone headfirst straight throught the patio doors...

Mine has been demoted to the garage :cheeky: Have the older style one from about 6 years ago, I did use it, but it is so blinkin' heavy to put up and down I gave up with it :sad: Good if it can be left down in a permanent position. Will try and sell on e-bay now, buyer collect of course, just thinking of the p&p, omg! :whew2:

daydreamer

I purchased the pilates machine the last time it was a TSV and have never looked back. It's great especially the cardio board. The first time I used it I couldn't do very many jumps but now I can do 20minutes without stopping. It's brilliant and so many people have asked me if I have lost weight. Not an ounce, but my body shape has definately changed. As for using it as a clothes horse not on your nelly. It stays in the garage and I just jump on and done and dusted in 45 minutes. So for anyone thinking of buying this machine. GO FOR IT you'll not regret it.

I do like the idea of trying pilates, but 2 things put me off watching much of the demo shows:

1. The woman's accent - is it US or AUS ? Whatever it is, it GRATES, I can't bear it.

2. Just watching her night-time repeat - she is on the board, feet towards Dale who is on a chair, and she then starts to do the exercise where she has to open and spread her legs in a circle. Wonder if Dale can lip-read ?

Linda

I don't have a problem with her being fit etc but does she have to be so flippin po faced about it.

Nothing beats a cappuccino and a chocolate croissant for putting a smile on your face. Maybe she should try it once in a while!!!

57? She had a baby a couple of years ago...blimey.:eek:
I think she said she was 55 (which would tie in with ier having had a baby at 46, as she said that the child is now 9). It is admirable that she is so fit, but as others have pointed out, it's a shame it all seems so joyless.

I think she said she was 55 (which would tie in with ier having had a baby at 46, as she said that the child is now 9). It is admirable that she is so fit, but as others have pointed out, it's a shame it all seems so joyless.

Bodily she might look fit but facially she looks much older than her years - if I didn't know she was 55 I'd say she looked more like 65 (imo). Maybe she should try some Gatineau/Elemis/Decleor anti-ageing creams after her workout.

Latest posts

Back