Model Tanya posting on Facebook.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here is Jo's reply to someone on that thread.

I was treated far worse by Qvc! I was told that I was too fat to model for Michelle Hope! When I had just ran a Marathon therefore not an ounce of fat was on me. TANYA my. Best friend of 20 years whom I had introduced to QVC treated me appallingly , I fact she spoke about everyone! Just so she would keep her place at QVC clearly she got found out! Spoke so badly about me behind my back, which I was told by several models at QVC, and FYI was not very nice to Amica .... so before to start feeling sorry for some one you should really know their TRUE character and intentions... Joy, Beth on the other hand have beautiful souls and wouldn't say a bad word about anyone ...

I always got the impressed she meant too big for her boots, but it was too big weight wise!!!

Not nice to Amica? You could see in her face she had a beautiful soul and was a true lady. I remember seeing Beth for the first time on a jewellery show and she said her mum calls her princess. She would fit right in as a Disney princess and I believe she has a beautiful soul too.

Joy at the time began to get a lot of comments regarding her being squeezed into the clothing.
I hope that didn't contribute to her exit from Q.

Joy was being squeezed in to clothes though, if anyone commented it wasn't done maliciously it was fact as anyone could see, it wouldn't be down to her demise because QVC don't listen to anything their customers have to say, you know how we know that? two words and not the two you'd expect either, no, these two are Jill and Franks, or Debbie and Flint.

IF????????

Invite her round, get her drunk, pump her for info!!!!! We need details.

Good to see good old-fashioned nosiness is alive and well here! It's the main reason I visit too!

OK then ... I'll see what I can do.

The ways they dress the plus models, I think they should sack the stylist not the models! Sometimes I almost blush when I see them squeezed into clothes and boobs and stomachs oozing out! The model they have now (I think) with long dark hair was in one of those lace stretch dresses... are they called oh so slim or similar? Well it was more like oh so enormous. And the lace stretched WIDE over her fat bits but not over her thinner bits so emphasised her plusness. Indeed one shot made her look as if you could see a thong underneath! And they shoved Jilly Halliday into one which made her look about 8 months pregnant as it cut in so badly under her stomach. Personally (not being exactly slim myself!) I have always find this very disrespectful to the larger women. But it is probably incompetence rather than malice!

Joy was being squeezed in to clothes though, if anyone commented it wasn't done maliciously it was fact as anyone could see, it wouldn't be down to her demise because QVC don't listen to anything their customers have to say, you know how we know that? two words and not the two you'd expect either, no, these two are Jill and Franks, or Debbie and Flint.

Even though she was she still looked fab and much better than the squeezing that's going on now.

Having said that there's no excuse it certainly doesn't help sell the garments.

Plus not to show the full range of sizing for the Grace line, seems to defeat them stocking the full sizing when it can't be modelled.

The problem with QVC is that many of their ranges stop at size 18, and a small 18 at that, so no matter how often Joy tried to insist that she was a size 18, the tightness across the arms, stomach and boobs said otherwise. QVC need to recognise that it's not demeaning at all to have a size 22/24 model as all women are beautiful regardless of size.

Must add though, that when I was a customer for the first twenty years, I never bought one item of clothing, the ranges varied over the years from expensively hideous to extremely expensively hideous.

Here is Jo's reply to someone on that thread.

I was treated far worse by Qvc! I was told that I was too fat to model for Michelle Hope! When I had just ran a Marathon therefore not an ounce of fat was on me. TANYA my. Best friend of 20 years whom I had introduced to QVC treated me appallingly , I fact she spoke about everyone! Just so she would keep her place at QVC clearly she got found out! Spoke so badly about me behind my back, which I was told by several models at QVC, and FYI was not very nice to Amica .... so before to start feeling sorry for some one you should really know their TRUE character and intentions... Joy, Beth on the other hand have beautiful souls and wouldn't say a bad word about anyone ...

I always got the impressed she meant too big for her boots, but it was too big weight wise!!!

They sound like a right bitchy lot to be honest. I suppose if you are competing for air time it can throw up a lot of stuff including jealousy.

In any large organisation you get the back stabbers and gossipers. Probably Q is no different.

Isn't it just all part of being a model. A 20 year stint is pretty good going for that industry, would have thought. Wonder why Tiffany is the chosen one?

Isn't it just all part of being a model. A 20 year stint is pretty good going for that industry, would have thought. Wonder why Tiffany is the chosen one?

Probably because Tiffany looks genuinely old, but worked on, rather than young for her age. Q needs some oldies to show how marvellous the potions and gadgets are for generation gran.

They sound like a right bitchy lot to be honest. I suppose if you are competing for air time it can throw up a lot of stuff including jealousy.

In any large organisation you get the back stabbers and gossipers. Probably Q is no different.

Oh no, they are really lovely and friendly and wonderful and happy, don't ya know? Read this recent article - sorry, let me rephrase that, load of tosh* - by a QVC buyer:

http://www.professionaljeweller.com/guest-column-qvc-creates-work-happy-culture/

(This "buzzing social media hub to create the most engaging shopping experience" - can someone tell me where to find that please?)

*allegedly

Top Employer Status four years in a row!

As Jim Royle who say My A...

:mysmilie_458:

Top Employer Status four years in a row!

As Jim Royle who say My A...

:mysmilie_458:

Ah yes, when I saw that, I thought it meant QVC had won an award or something - or might be top 10 at least - but no, they are one of 78 UK companies with accreditation from the Top Employers' Institute (there are 1228 worldwide). It's an organisation which judges by best practices in HR. OK, it's probably not easy to be accredited but it's not like they have come top of some survey or been adjudged "number one".

I notice I have become increasingly cynical about QVC the past year or so. I hope I don't appear bitter!

Ah yes, when I saw that, I thought it meant QVC had won an award or something - or might be top 10 at least - but no, they are one of 78 UK companies with accreditation from the Top Employers' Institute (there are 1228 worldwide). It's an organisation which judges by best practices in HR. OK, it's probably not easy to be accredited but it's not like they have come top of some survey or been adjudged "number one".

I notice I have become increasingly cynical about QVC the past year or so. I hope I don't appear bitter![/QUOTE]

No not at all just wise to QVC practices and not brainwashed.

:up:

Joy at the time began to get a lot of comments regarding her being squeezed into the clothing.
I hope that didn't contribute to her exit from Q.

In RL Joy was not adverse to squeezing her assets into clothes a few sizes too small much to the embarrassment of her lovely young daughter.

What does FYL mean???. It was on Donna255 fron what Jo's said.Sorry for not understanding xxx

Latest posts

Back