Molton Brown TSV 1/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is very disappointing. The TSV for their big 30th anniversary and not even free P&P? I'm not impressed with the box of 30ml samples (which is what they are), and the mini handwashes would be a much better gift if they were festive fragrances. The Flame Tree & Pimento and Coco & Sandalwood only seem to appear in store as part of sale sets now, so it's hardly top tier stuff.

So I think I'll save my £64 and wait until Molton Brown have their annual 25% off in-store event near Christmas, and buy three shower gels of my choosing for £56.25.
This is very disappointing. The TSV for their big 30th anniversary and not even free P&P? I'm not impressed with the box of 30ml samples (which is what they are), and the mini handwashes would be a much better gift if they were festive fragrances. The Flame Tree & Pimento and Coco & Sandalwood only seem to appear in store as part of sale sets now, so it's hardly top tier stuff.

So I think I'll save my £64 and wait until Molton Brown have their annual 25% off in-store event near Christmas, and buy three shower gels of my choosing for £56.25.
It seems to be the same format every year now. I agree about the hand wash. A festive fragrance would be lovely.
I will buy a set as a gift but it’s quite a boring set.

Oh, as usual, some old discontinued ones in there. I have not a fan of liquid handwash and feel like they are bulking up TSVs with these.
Totally agree. I would never buy hand wash from them or the sample size bottles, so for me the price is for the three full size bottles. And with postage that is £64 so roughly £21 a bottle. Not really a bargain at all.

I like the two discontinued fragrances so that doesn’t put me off, and let’s face it Bushukan is discontinued and I LOVE IT. Ditto Geranium and various others. Sometimes I quite like it when they bring back an oldie (hello Sensual Hanaleni and Bracing Silver Birch which are both now in the stash) as the actual shop range isn’t exactly huge now. I am a fan of MB handwash but not of the 30ml bottles. Now I did get a theatre ticket refund yesterday as the National had to cancel its performance so I could nett that off… but I wont. I shall save myself for the second TSV which is usually three large shower gels, the January sales duos and the MB sale, although that was dreadful last year. I shall get a mini set for my friend for Xmas but from JLP as they are usually 50/100ml

I’m definitely out. It’s almost £15.00 over my set limit and as much as I surprised myself by really liking both the Flametree and Coco fragrances (and Eucalyptus is one I always have in the stash anyway) it just doesn’t warrant the £65.00 price tag IMO.

If you were to buy the items in either option in this collection individually, directly from Molton Brown you’d pay £113.

Shower gels 300ml 3 x £25 cost £14.14 each
Hand wash 100ml 2 x £10 cost £5.64 each
Shower gels 30ml 6 x £3 cost £1.70 each
3 gift boxes

Total £113 cost £63.90 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for prices.

Just packing up the caravan things (we're going home at the weekend for winter) and I've come across half a bottle of that brandy shower gel. Yippee!!! I absolutely love it (for the shower, not to drink!). I've found some muddled plum as well but that's not as nice. Not going for this TSV and I agree with whoever said waiting for the MB sale as they always put extras in and often have free postage - and they used to do free lovely gift boxes as well. QVC need to up their game with MB and give us the same deals they used to.

CC

Just packing up the caravan things (we're going home at the weekend for winter) and I've come across half a bottle of that brandy shower gel. Yippee!!! I absolutely love it (for the shower, not to drink!). I've found some muddled plum as well but that's not as nice. Not going for this TSV and I agree with whoever said waiting for the MB sale as they always put extras in and often have free postage - and they used to do free lovely gift boxes as well. QVC need to up their game with MB and give us the same deals they used to.

CC
They really do need to up their game. The Christmas TSV used to be so exciting but now it’s the same old…boring and repetitive.

I think the thing is they need to up their game for the canny shoppers on this forum, because people on here are always totally on the ball, aware of other offers, and all over the value. But many people who just see MB in their posh little shops will think the TSV is a terrific bargain.

I think the thing is they need to up their game for the canny shoppers on this forum, because people on here are always totally on the ball, aware of other offers, and all over the value. But many people who just see MB in their posh little shops will think the TSV is a terrific bargain.
That’s very true.

Well I was in one of their outlet stores today in one of those shopping discount villages. I’ve never bought MB, mostly use L’Occitane, so went in for a look & to try samplers, but got confused as to what I’d squirted once I left.
Anyway they were selling gauze backs containing ten of those small bottles, all different flavours for £9 a bag so got a couple of those. On getting to the till the lady assistant offered me a chance of bottles of body lotion, only for people who were already buying something. 300ml, in several different scents for £5 each so I got three different ones of those.
The TSV, which I was considering as a present, now seems poor value by comparison

Well I was in one of their outlet stores today in one of those shopping discount villages. I’ve never bought MB, mostly use L’Occitane, so went in for a look & to try samplers, but got confused as to what I’d squirted once I left.
Anyway they were selling gauze backs containing ten of those small bottles, all different flavours for £9 a bag so got a couple of those. On getting to the till the lady assistant offered me a chance of bottles of body lotion, only for people who were already buying something. 300ml, in several different scents for £5 each so I got three different ones of those.
The TSV, which I was considering as a present, now seems poor value by comparison
Wow! You got some great deals there.

My TSV arrived today. And I have to say presentation is spot on. However, I’m not impressed with the value, and i didn't bother to order one for myself.

They really do need to up their game. The Christmas TSV used to be so exciting but now it’s the same old…boring and repetitive.
I always get the feeling now that the TSVs are things that they haven't sold rather than an amazing deal for the customer. Not just Molton Brown either, Elemis and other brands are guilty.

CC

I remember the old Molton Brown TSVs. Yes, full size bath/shower, body lotion (I don't give a rat's ass if others don't like it. I do!), also skin care included. MB seems to discontinue their skin care and hair care, then bring them back. Repeat, repeat over the years. The skin care was lovely simple easy to use no frills. Now it's throw in some handwashes, some bath/shower which have discontinued like 3 or 4 years ago and no doubt sitting in their discount stores unsold. I find it interesting people going nuts because skincare brands in TSVs are perhaps a year or 18 months old, but not problem with MB shower/bath stuff being 3 or 4 years old. As for the 30mls, I get those given as freebies depending on how much I buy in their sale. They also used to just give them free anyway.

problem is they know it will sell regardless of that as i know lots on here like free post but most people elsewhere perfer easy pay over free postage
Disagree they should be offering free p&p and EZ pay in this financial climate if they want sales. Everyone I know wants this and a lot of us on here who have bought from Q for years know what a good price is and will shop around.

I have an issue with their price comparisons as most of the fragrances are not available in store and only in their outlets where they are not £25. It makes no difference they used to be £25 once upon a time , they are not £25 now. It is so disingenuous. And as for those silly 30ml…..

Latest posts

Back