My bird changed tio a blackbird Yankee|

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
I bought the birdcage candle holder from Yankee Candles. I bought it firstly because it will be a good accessory for my flower arranging as you can access the inside from the top rather than a front opening door which I have on lanterns I already have. I decided to light the the candle that came with it. I did not see anywhere in the advertisement for it that you must not close the top of the holder. The bird on the top turned black along with some of the pieces of the trellis work on the lid. I have cleaned it with some cream cleanser but it is still scorched a bit. I will have to paint it white and not use it with a candle in it again. It doesn't look right with the lid open. I left a review which was not published. The candle also tunnels and smokes despite my keep trimming the wick to practically nothing and it smells of chemicals. It has been relegated to outside. If we ever get any nice weather and we can sit out in the garden one evening then it will be useful hopefully to keep the flies away.

Did you watch the demo of the item, Tilly? Did they say on there that the lid mustn't be closed when the candle's lit? Very naughty of them if they didn't, and then it's not mentioned on either the website, or on any "bumpf" that came with the item when you got it home. If it's not specifically stated somewhere you should be entitled to return it for a refund. Have you tried talking to QVC Customer Services about this? It's a better route to go than the reviews...

I can't believe it scorched! I had never seen this so have just watched the video and the one in the studio has the lid shut whist the candle is burning. Perhaps a large candle is too tall and close to the bird. Anyway it would look silly with the lid open, spoiling the design.

I think you definitely have a valid complaint!!! And I would try another review, one star, this candle smoked and also burnt the cage. The bird turned black. The end. Can they ban that?

Sorry Tilly, not good for you. But Yankee tunnel and black smoke(have you thought in are inhaling that as you walk passed each time), a rather long thread on here about it.

Go and see if you can find the demo video on the QVC site, then go phone CS and give off.

Latest posts

Back