My mum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
My lovely mum passed away in the early hours of this morning. I had looked after her for the last five years. I feel bereft and I don't know what to do with myself. The world has changed without my mum in it.

Pixie nothing anybody says to you at this moment in time will make you feel any better. The loss of a Mother is heart breaking and my heart goes out to you. Please allow yourself to grieve as you you wish to and for now just concentrate on getting through the next few difficult days until the funeral as best as you can. You will need every ounce of strength to cope, so much as you may not feel like it, don`t forget to eat and try to sleep at least a few hours a night. The following words might sound hollow but they are honestly true, it WILL get better with time believe me. I have lost both parents and a husband so have been where you are now. Please feel free to PM me should you need to just talk or put your heartbreak into words. I will always listen xx

Petpixie,I'm so sorry to hear about your mum,I know from reading your posts that you have been a loving devoted daughter.

Unfortunately nothing i can say is going to ease your shock and pain. All i can say is we're here for you and i'm sending you love,strength and a very big hug. xxxxxx

So very sorry to hear your news Jacqueline...years on I can still remember hearing that my own mum had gone before we got to the hospital, and as I've said on here before, nothing ever prepares us for losing a parent - be kind to yourself and grieve but also know that your mum is now at peace and free from pain and she will always be looking over you. Hugs x

I am so sorry for your loss. There will be a time when remembering brings you more smiles than tears, until then take care of yourself and those near to you. MSx

Oh PetPixie I am so, so sorry. I wish you all the strength you will need to get through the next few hours and days.

I lost my own darling mum oh so many years ago now. It was so hard. I felt lost. Like I'd lost my bearings.

I don't know if it will help you but when I went back to work I was still very upset. My boss who was a lovely lady told me I had to go on. My mum had given me the gift of life and to honour her memory I had to hold my head up and keep going. It sort of made sense to me at that time. I don't know if it will make sense to you.

Give it time my lovely. Your heart will be breaking now but in time you will be able to go on. You'll never ever forget her and she will always be with you. You'll find a way.

Much love from one who knows how you feel.

PetPixie, so so sorry for your terrible loss, sending you lots of ((((hugs)))) and thinking of you. Take Care xxxxxx

Last edited:
Echoing what already has been said. I still miss my mum after 21 years. You have been a very good daughter and I am sure she appreciated everything you did for her. Stay strong. Lilo Lil

So,so sorry for your loss Petpixie.As has already been said,you did all you could for your mother,but the loss is just so great that you must now wonder how you can carry on,but you can,and will.
It's been 20 years for me this year,but I still find it hard xx

So sorry to hear your news PP, my heart goes out to you. As BM has already said, nothing prepares us for the loss of our beloved parents and I'm willing to admit that there isn't a single day goes by without me thinking of mine and that's after almost nine years. Tomorrow is such a poignant day too but take strength and comfort in the fact that you have been a wonderful caring daughter and Mum will be looking down on you with that special burning love in her heart. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back