Postage again....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mollymoo

Registered Shopper
I sold an old gold neckalce and had seen a few pieces in the clearance - so off I went online 5 items total p and p nearly £20. Absolutley ridiculous - why on earth don't they do a one basket/day postage I'm sure they'd get more business!!!
Mollymoo:angry:
PS - cut nose off to spite face and didnt buy!!

You're not on your own - many a time I've had 3 or 4 items in the basket then get to check-out and change my mind when I tot up the P & P and think "no way Pedro"!

I think its crazy - the reasoning that they pack it individually is rubbish. Amazon dont tend to charge P&P and they sometime send out several packages. What you have to remember is they have their studio costs, that freephone number and presenters costs to add on top, and i think the only way they can witter on about that their prices are competitive (which is a bit of bull in itself) whilst covering these sort of overheads is to kill you on P&P.

Bid up and those channels are just as bad. Plus a premium rate phone number.

i tend to look online and see if i can get the item form another websitre with reduced / free postage and usually you can. and then i buy from there, thats why my purchases from QVC are so few and far between

You're not on your own - many a time I've had 3 or 4 items in the basket then get to check-out and change my mind when I tot up the P & P and think "no way Pedro"!

Ditto.
I usually end up buying just the one item and only then if -

- it is something I could not find on eBay or cheaper elsewhere
- cosmetics/ skincare, something new that I feel I might want to send back

I was going to buy a few things with that 4 pay offer thing that they emailed a while back but the p and p added another fifteen quid to the cost. On Saturday I ordered 7 things from Amazon, guess what? they packed them all up together, gave me £10 discount as order was over £40 and the whole lot arrived today. Beat that QVC!!

Same here.
I've many a time put a few things in the basket them balked at the total P&P & not gone through with the order. You really notice it when you order more than one thing at once.
They do seem to be mentioning the P&P charges more than ever on air & trying to justify them.

I really do not understand how their P&P makes any business sense unless there are so many people out there who just do not care about the P&P

I have to add to all the people who just do not buy more then one thing at the time, and even then check out where they can get it from cheaper first

I agree that their p&p, if you buy more than one item, can really add up.

Today's TSV for example with the buy more save more option. If you went for four of them let's say and you wanted four different colours, you'd save money on the items but your postage would be £21.80!! How does that work???? Buy more, save more my ar*e!!:headbang:

Even their claim "you save on postage by buying more than one" is confusing. It means buy another exactly the same as the first one, not the same item in a different colour for example - even though they're all on exactly the same item number and therefore the same item:angry:

Even their claim "you save on postage by buying more than one" is confusing. It means buy another exactly the same as the first one, not the same item in a different colour for example - even though they're all on exactly the same item number and therefore the same item:angry:

it's a right royal rip-off that one, if you buy more than one item on the same item number, regardless of size, colour or whatever, you should be able to lump them together and get the second and subsequent items P & P free, even half-price is too much.

I have had two Alpha H items delivered today. They were both ordered at the same time (on the 4 easy pay code).
One was delivered via the postie in just a labelled box and the other was boxed and in a big outer QVC bag and came by courier.
Cannot see how it is beyond possible to put both in the same bag. The only rational explanation being that they came from different locations, so what's happened to the warehouse that we're forever being told is the size of a gazillion football pitches.

As an aside, putting them in the same bag would have prevented my OH, who this week is on nights being woken up twice by the doorbell... I've tried to convince him that I don't do it deliberately, but he is convinced I only order stuff on weeks when he's trying to sleep.
:doh:

When I have questioned this - QVC have told me "we don't have the technology to put in all one basket and adjust the price accordingly"

my ar4e.

But they can let you put loads of stuff in your basket - and lump them together and work out the 4 easy pay???!!!

If only one day no one ordered anything - that would sort them!!!
Would be hilarious - I always put things vback in shops if I think the price is unjust and go to Amazon etc but they do have some nice pieces which lure me!!! But I will resist I will.........
Mollymoo

Latest posts

Back