Qvc cost of living winners and losers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Which brands will be hit first if people start cutting back? I think hair care is very expensive compared to the high street. Some beauty brands might struggle.
Cozee home will be booming and energy efficient cookware should do well.
Any thoughts?

QVC is pretty pricey for everything. I think jewellery items won't sell as it's a luxury and people won't be going out as much to wear it. Same with going out clothes. No one will be buying all that unnecessary food for Christmas. Who's going to spend a fortune on PK hair things or perfume (shay and blue)? No one's going to waste money on candles or stuffed bears or blingy mirrors and side tables or beige bedding, or massively expensive emu footwear.

Cozee will be OK. Throws, blankets, hot water bottles, fleece bedding, anything that keeps you warm. Denim & Co could wrap up if they get their warm indoor things organised, slipper socks as well, warm sleeping suits and the like.

Kitchen could do OK if they do things like soup makers, thermos flasks (boil kettle, save excess in flask), those cooker things where you cook several things at once. Lock and lock will be good for leftovers.

If I were one of the High Heidjins at QVC I'd be a bit worried. There'll always be people that are on good money have a lot of storage space and want to spend their money on what they want though so Q might be OK :rolleyes:.

CC

Richard Jackson's lawn products because everyone will be digging up their lawns to grow veggies! Mind you , he would probably flog to death his roof booster in that case! I think expensive garden bulbs and plants may take a dive, so much cheaper at local garden centres.

Root booster!!🙄

Surely the high-end, over-priced beauty produces (yes, Dr Perricone, I'm looking at you!). I saw a programme where people were saying they've cancelled their streaming subscriptions etc. and one woman said she'd downgraded her skincare from a very expensive product to Aldi's...

I really am interested to see what spin they put on all of this..."you can now spread the cost with six easy pays, blah, blah, blah...". Will they still encourage viewers to "buy more than one to save on P&P and keep your 'gifting cupboard' and 'second home' well stocked". Will gifts for teachers suddenly become more cruicial once they're "striking over pay and won't be able to bask in the relaxing, warming aromas of an expensive bathing product after a hard day on the cold picket-lines". Like with everthing that's happening in the real world, I think QVC will be oblivious to it all any create their own bubble of reality where everything is wonderful.

I did read somewhere that economists often say that one of the most resilient products during a recession are flowers ... so make of that what you will. Not sure what flowers QVC sells, apart from that fake ones, Peony something? I think they will be 'winners'. That woman who fronts them is a bit quirky ... very girly, and almost with the mentality of a 10 year old, even tho she must be late 50s.

In a study done over the years, women buy more lipstick. Makes them feel better, it seems. During WWII things were tough food wise etc, yet women always wore lipstick.

Going by qurio QVC have no need to worry. The brands might leave as seen in recent years, but the cult followers will still be buying.

I was at the theatre last night to see Anything Goes at The Barbican Theatre in London. I would have expected theatre to be suffering but it was packed. The seat I was in in the stalls was worth £90. I didn't pay that as the night I should have gone was cancelled at the last minute due to sickness. They rescheduled and upgraded me from the upper gallery. And it wasn't full of tourists, the Barbican is off West End and a bit out of the way. No-one was cutting back on drinks in the bar although I brought my own M&S mojito and a plastic glass!

Me and my sister love the Theatre an as she has more money than me she treats us to the best seats. I agree abut them being packed but we do book months and months in advance. Its the next few months that may show up whats really happening. I think we all need to just do the best we can to keep warm and eat well. Be prepared for the long haul and hope for a very mild dry winter.

Regarding cutting back I have been buying all my skincare and PK hair products in case I cant afford them in 6 months or a years time. Or that they are not available.Bought a couple of the L'Occitane TSV's with the almond oil.It was to give as gifts but my daughters have been a bit awful so I will keep most of the goodies for moi!

Me and my sister love the Theatre an as she has more money than me she treats us to the best seats. I agree abut them being packed but we do book months and months in advance. Its the next few months that may show up whats really happening. I think we all need to just do the best we can to keep warm and eat well. Be prepared for the long haul and hope for a very mild dry winter.
It might be cheaper to sit in a warm theatre than to sit at home with the central heating on.

Things like tickets and holidays already paid for will be ok as there aren’t refunds so the money would be wasted but would we pay in 6 months if we had the option?

I don’t like big thick jumpers so my quest is to get something warm that enables me to move, wont strangle me around the neck and most importantly washes easily (am I describing polyester?)

I was at the theatre last night to see Anything Goes at The Barbican Theatre in London. I would have expected theatre to be suffering but it was packed. The seat I was in in the stalls was worth £90. I didn't pay that as the night I should have gone was cancelled at the last minute due to sickness. They rescheduled and upgraded me from the upper gallery. And it wasn't full of tourists, the Barbican is off West End and a bit out of the way. No-one was cutting back on drinks in the bar although I brought my own M&S mojito and a plastic glass!
We are going to the cinema in a few weeks to see Madame Butterfly streaming live from The Royal Opera House. It didn't cost £40 for us both and it's a beautiful cinema with large seats and plenty of room.

Latest posts

Back