QVC Easy Pay Beware charging twice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:wait:

In light of the "MoneySavingExpert" thread which is copied into the being charged twice thread.
Are we sure that the extent of the problem is only double easy pays taken or have also customers have been charged twice for their purchases ?

:angry:

Hardly pointless if they are making money at it - I stress the IF. Illegal or not, an individual can hardly sue a large corporation.
As for selling assets, when they have no intention of closing a business, now that would be pointless wouldn't it?

If is purely speculative but we digress...but under all of this, we are quite well covered by regulations and the money will be returned. It is timing and the nature of the information about that return is the real issue.

BTW, selling the database would indeed produce a large income in the short term. Licensing it would bring in considerably more.

As I suspected the problem is HUGE

Please see the other thread someone has just posted this

Thank you Starlight for highlighting the above which prompted me to check my CC account and yes I have been charged twice for the full payment of an item placed on the 11th but processed on the 12th. QVC are aware of all who were affected on that day and are currently re-imbursing customers "over the next couple of days" - according to my recent conversation with CS.

This is one huge Cock Up on behalf of QVC

Last edited:
I think your right, mine still has not appeared.

With no mention on telly of this huge error I worry for customers who maybe get to the supermarket checkout and because being unaware of this error will have their card rejected.

I drove an hour away from home on saturday to do some shopping, got there and parked up, went to the bank as I didn't have any cash on me, and found my account overdrawn........ Great, no money, no petrol, no food shopping.....:angry:

:wait:

Can I just question when can customers expect that they may have been double charged ?
So we can all check our QVC and Bank/CC accounts.
In light of Graham's purchase of the DELL TSV on the 8th and now the Yankee Candle TSV day being 11th with the poster on MSE payment being processed on the 12th.
Am I right in thinking double payment could possibly be taken at least from the 8th - 12th Jan ?
Can we also make sure that QVC customers easily realise that it is not only the easy payments that are involved.

Last edited:
I have just found out that I have been charged twice for the Yankee Candle TSV £42.41. I spoke to a lady in CS who told me it's a computer glitch with all orders processed on the 12th January. I explained to her that this double payment may cause me to go over my overdraft limit, and she has assured me that QVC will pay any charges if this does happen as it is their mistake. She also said that they are reimbursing customers as we speak, and the ones who have been charged higher amounts twice are the priority. That's fine, but she has told me that I should be reimbursed by the end of NEXT week which seems a long time to me!!
For anyone affected by bank charges she gave me this address to send evidence to to get the charges sorted by QVC:
QVC Credit Card Team
PO Box 906
Liverpool
L70 2QP

I am a bit concerned as I ordered the auto-delivery for the Yankee TSV. Hoping the same double payment doesn't happen in April, July and October........ Fingers crossed I guess.

BTW, selling the database would indeed produce a large income in the short term. Licensing it would bring in considerably more.

Why would QVC (or anyone for that matter) want to sell their customer database to solve a temporary cashflow shortfall?
Overcharging customers and delaying refunds would be a far easier (and more profitable) way and would have less financial repercussions.
When companies are in financial doo doo, I've heard of lots of clients and customers who end up not being paid - been there and worn the unhappy Tee shirt so I don't think my concern that this might be a deliberate act is as ridiculous as you seem to think it is.

Forgot to put that my payment for the Yankee TSV (11th Jan, processed 12th Jan) was taken twice from my account today (18th). I have checked and it hasn't been taken again on an earlier date.

Forgot to put that my payment for the Yankee TSV (11th Jan, processed 12th Jan) was taken twice from my account today (18th). I have checked and it hasn't been taken again on an earlier date.
QVC have been aware of this problem for days so why the hell are they still taking double payments today!! :headbang:

Just hit my account today as Ireland adds on a few days. Not pleased but thanks to this thread I checked and am in a queue for refunds. Very annoying.

Why would QVC (or anyone for that matter) want to sell their customer database to solve a temporary cashflow shortfall?
Overcharging customers and delaying refunds would be a far easier (and more profitable) way and would have less financial repercussions.
When companies are in financial doo doo, I've heard of lots of clients and customers who end up not being paid - been there and worn the unhappy Tee shirt so I don't think my concern that this might be a deliberate act is as ridiculous as you seem to think it is.

Never stated it was ridiculous suggestion neither was I intentionally implying anything else other than an alternate point of view. There are other more likely and more common reasons to why this has happened. It is unlikely its a deliberate act given the size of QVC who according to wikipedia have a large retail sales in 2008 of 360 Million. They would have easily arranged funding through the banks to cover a cashflow problem months ago. Its when they've got warehouse stock sitting unsold that you start seeing problems and hence my point about selling a key asset. As an example, given what I've seen and read about the buyers and process, that cost is pushed back onto the supplier so their risk is minimised. Anyway, the first thing that would see highlighting cash issues is the staff being made redundant.

I too have been charged twice for an item of clothing, which was not on easy pays. i am very disappointed in QVC.

When I called them to query it (before I found this thread) they didnt even bother to log it on my account as they didnt ask for my membership details.

If QVC had any respect for their customers they would issue a formal apology and as a goodwill gesture give each affected customer an amount of QVC credit in their account.

I was told the refund would be in my account within 3 days. If its not in by Friday i shall be calling them again.
:sweat:

Thanks to peeps on this forum bringing my attention to the matter, I have discovered that payments have been taken twice from my account, too. What a palaver, and QVC should absolutely make customers aware of the problem via their programmes and website.

And today has been 3EP day all day. That should read 6 or 9 surely! They need to sort this out before enticing people with more and potentially creating a whole heap more trouble. In their favour of course!

And today has been 3EP day all day. That should read 6 or 9 surely! They need to sort this out before enticing people with more and potentially creating a whole heap more trouble. In their favour of course!

Yes but the problem it appears is that the double charging is not only confined to easy pay payments, but items paid for in full.
The thought of pc's or tv's and expensive items of jewellery all paid for in full :headbang:.

Hi there,

I have lurked here for a long time, but because of this farce, I had to post!

I have just been on the phone grovelling to my bank, as a qvc double payment put me over the limit.

My bank kindly put the overpayment back into my account, but QVC were not helpful at all, the woman on the end of the phone just said it would take 3 days to sort out and to send a copy of my bank statement in if I get any charges.

One good thing has come out of this though, I've had a moment of clarity, and my QVC shopping will be non-existant this year, as I cannot afford cock-ups like this to happen!

So it's taken from friday 14th until now, wednesday 19th at 11.20am to finally get my money re-credited to my account, and £50 QVC credits for my trouble.....

So it's taken from friday 14th until now, wednesday 19th at 11.20am to finally get my money re-credited to my account, and £50 QVC credits for my trouble.....

I'm pleased you have managed to secure your refund.

I do hope the QVC credit is not for any costs you have incured but as a goodwill gesture.

Hope you can manage something nice for only the £50, so QVC don't gain from their mistake.

Latest posts

Back