Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Considering he's been hired to do a presenting job for a different company on a different channel then he really should be keeping his mouth shut, he's there working as a presenter on Create and Craft, it is not the place & time where he should be airing any of his personnel opinions on another TV shopping channel, if he does then i would hope the Create & Craft bosses tell him his services are no longer required.
I would imagine that the bosses have told staff/presenters not to discuss the issue in the media. Staff may ignore this but it could go against them in the future as you outline.

I would imagine that the bosses have told staff/presenters not to discuss the issue in the media. Staff may ignore this but it could go against them in the future as you outline.
He appeared and has just been as Jolly as ever, did have a diva moment, as the name bar they used had the guests name and then his, but that soon got changed and read TVs Dean Wilson

I think if you choose to go through the creditors list via the link, some of those presenters like Mason and Simon live in very expensive houses in good areas. One suspects as a result that they and perhaps others should be easily able to get by without fees from IW - unlike their general PAYE workers may do. Simon’s act was particularly grating at times and I never found him to display any evidence whatsoever of any prep about a product he was presenting. Style over substance perfectly described him in my opinion. Jacks and Reg the same. Mason was a more interesting case as behind the Minder persona, there clearly lurked an intelligent bloke who appears to have done well for himself.

As for experts now and experts then, at least Janice the tech woman had some knowledge of her subject. Then they replaced her with Peter V. who clearly knew less about technology in his broadcasts at least than I do. At the end, they appeared to have essentially given up on using anybody as a real expert. Presenters saying they were experts and then back to presenters again. A cast playing roles as required it seemed. I always felt the channel in its later guises demonstrated a complete lack of respect towards its viewers. The culture appearing to be a tell them anything agenda as they are all too stupid to know anyway. This being at its height during those last few days of broadcasting for me. It’s a pity, because around the early to mid-2010s, I felt it was a decent enough shopping channel before the hard sell loud mouthed ex-Bid techniques invaded like a cancer.

He appeared and has just been as Jolly as ever, did have a diva moment, as the name bar they used had the guests name and then his, but that soon got changed and read TVs Dean Wilson
Yes, he’s got an ego and a temper from what I’ve seen of him on IW. Cheeky amiable chappie found about he ain’t in truth.

I've not been too well lately, not watched much TV and not read this forum for a few weeks. A lot has been happening in my absence, took me ages to go through the many pages on here.

I know we've all said for a while that the channel can't last much longer but from reading everything on here it was getting much more desperate over the last couple of weeks.

I feel for people who bought anything expensive, I know if you pay by credit card it's supposed to be safer if things go wrong.

If it is all over, I wonder where the presenters will end up next? People on here have suggested Peter Simon may/should retire, I was shocked to read he is only 5 years older than me, he looks a lot older and I have a chronic health condition. Can't imagine that he has made a fortune over the years or has a large private pension (that sounds rude but wasn't meant to be!). Maybe Las Vegas will hear that's he's available and snap him up (clearly I'm not recovered yet and as I am clearly delusional...)
Hope you feel better soon. Have missed your input of late.

Hope you feel better soon. Have missed your input of late.
Thanks, slowly getting better!

Interesting that certain presenters appear to live in decent houses. I'd always assumed that they only worked there because it was the only job they could get! I always felt they must be on commission due to the somewhat desperate and dubious sales techniques they used.

I've not been too well lately, not watched much TV and not read this forum for a few weeks. A lot has been happening in my absence, took me ages to go through the many pages on here.

I know we've all said for a while that the channel can't last much longer but from reading everything on here it was getting much more desperate over the last couple of weeks.

I feel for people who bought anything expensive, I know if you pay by credit card it's supposed to be safer if things go wrong.

If it is all over, I wonder where the presenters will end up next? People on here have suggested Peter Simon may/should retire, I was shocked to read he is only 5 years older than me, he looks a lot older and I have a chronic health condition. Can't imagine that he has made a fortune over the years or has a large private pension (that sounds rude but wasn't meant to be!). Maybe Las Vegas will hear that's he's available and snap him up (clearly I'm not recovered yet and as I am clearly delusional...)
Over the weekend on one show it appeared Simon was trying to make a lame innuendo joke (you know the one, when he has that strange smirk) about topiary and having ‘a bush like that to trim’ , one of his trademark ever more frequent tumbleweed moments, just about sums him up if thats his tv swan-song, deeply unfunny and out of touch , taxi for simon

Over the weekend on one show it appeared Simon was trying to make a lame innuendo joke (you know the one, when he has that strange smirk) about topiary and having ‘a bush like that to trim’ , one of his trademark ever more frequent tumbleweed moments, just about sums him up if thats his tv swan-song, deeply unfunny and out of touch , taxi for simon
Was that his Saturday Morning sketch he done

Ideal World seem to think they will be back on freeview from midday on Thursday!

It looks like the plan is to change the broadcast hours to start at midday for the time being. Just how that works remains to be seen given they have already lost most of their broadcast capacity (including the ability to broadcast on sky)

Ideal World seem to think they will be back on freeview from midday on Thursday!

It looks like the plan is to change the broadcast hours to start at midday for the time being. Just how that works remains to be seen given they have already lost most of their broadcast capacity (including the ability to broadcast on sky)
Updated to add: It seems they have also reappeared on newly updated listings for overnights on ITV starting from 1:30am on Sunday.

I know at the beginning of the week, staff were told to return on Thursday

Updated to add: It seems they have also reappeared on newly updated listings for overnights on ITV starting from 1:30am on Sunday.
I wouldn't read too much into that - when they were first removed from the ITV4 listings, a few nights later had them back again. It may be more of a case that they've failed to remove the Ideal World listing that's in the schedule by default.

I wouldn't read too much into that - when they were first removed from the ITV4 listings, a few nights later had them back again. It may be more of a case that they've failed to remove the Ideal World listing that's in the schedule by default.
Okay that checks out. It was completely removed from freeview listings and has since reappeared, however it isn't on ITVs own online TV guide.

Sally has done a YouTube video, on anti aging, but I noticed somebody had posted to Sally what was going on, I replied she probably couldnt talk about it, Sally replied thanking me, but she did say she had posted something on her Instagram

Latest posts

Back