Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bordell CONFIRMED on TJC a rather bland promo with him telling the viewer "He is delighted to be at TJC" and is "on a journey"

Quite where he is going is UNCONFIRMED at this stage
Shanghai to stock up!!

Just had a quick browse at nubeo website - 'our story' - nothing about their story at all just a load of the usual empty words used for words sake.

'Each Nubeo timepiece is defined by performance, functionality yet with a design language that blends the organic and natural with the industrial in a manner that makes for a truly unique exhibition of time.':rolleyes:

Pass the sick bag:sick:

The presenter will most likely be Derek (autopilot) Gibbons given the time slot who will quite happily indulge Bordell to rattle away any old story

Shanghai to stock up!!

Just had a quick browse at nubeo website - 'our story' - nothing about their story at all just a load of the usual empty words used for words sake.

'Each Nubeo timepiece is defined by performance, functionality yet with a design language that blends the organic and natural with the industrial in a manner that makes for a truly unique exhibition of time.':rolleyes:

Pass the sick bag:sick:
Was that written by Peter Simon? 🤔

We got hampers every year, but we had no money, being as there were 5 of us, and my dad's business went tits up when his labourer stole all of his tools.

They had to get provvies every year to pay for stuff.
Had to look up Provvies... I'd heard of 'pukka' doorstep lenders, that are not sharks, but interesting. Alas no more it seems:

Think Friends Provident were also the ones we'd get leaflets for down South to invest in a FP savings scheme, a bit like an ISA/guaranteed plan payout thing tax free, a bit like those fixed amount life insurance ads you see at tea-time for those seniors needig to cover funeral expenses.

I am guessing its launch will be Bordell...quite looking forwards to him and Fields fighting it out up till now Fields has pretty much had TJC to himself with his garbage Gamages watches apart from the odd Du Champ show......
So who is the 'rough Londoner Cockney type' Essex bloke who I have seen presenting a lot of the Gamages kit on TJC in the past? Not a TJC presenter.

That's not Fields senior, surely?! A bit of a del boy type character, sort of. He often talks about the styles and they tried to do this or that or add a colourway, etc. Is he Mr. Gamages brand owner or main sales/manager?

I knew Fields were Swan & Edgar, father & son, but from what you say they manage Gamages also?

Last edited:
Had to look up Provvies... I'd heard of 'pukka' doorstep lenders, that are not sharks, but interesting. Alas no more it seems:

Think Friends Provident were also the ones we'd get leaflets for down South to invest in a FP savings scheme, a bit like an ISA/guaranteed plan payout thing tax free, a bit like those fixed amount life insurance ads you see at tea-time for those seniors needig to cover funeral expenses.
Sorry, correction, Provident Financial. Provvies.

Not Friends Provident, altogether a different outfit! 'Spoonerismed' my PF / FP 😁

Presumably people just use credit card, or payday/short-term loan type firms now?

Vqc are sexist.

There, I said it.

I try to catch the Matthew Palmer shows on command and conquer, as I partake in the stuffs of painting. Sometimes portraiture. Actually just finished a piece a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that, I avoid.
A photo capture of it here, pls? 🎨👨‍🎨🖌️

Just to get any new folks into the mood of what to expect when Bordell is an expert watch guest.

This from a show featuring Bordell & Creepy Crawley, Aug 2020, for CCCP watches.

This is a pic of Bordell, showing of a guide book to Slava movements, eulogising over the Vintage Slava movement in the watch which are currently sitting in front of Crawley. Sounds good except the watch in front of Crawley has a CHINESE SEIKO NH35a in it and the next watch that feature on the show had a refurbished Slava movement, refurbished with CHINESE parts. :eek:

View attachment 26105
NH35A is Seiko Japan/Malaysia, not China, according to various sources:

And

About the Seiko NH35

and Time Module Inc. The movement is produced in Japan and Malaysia. Within the Seiko family of movements, the “NH” calibers are known as “Basic Mechanical Movements”, whereas the “NE” calibers are known as the “Premium Mechanical Movements”.5 Apr 2023
1689950832040.png

https://www.exquisitetimepieces.com › ...

15 BEST Watches Having Seiko NH35 (Reliable + Cost-Effective!)

A very similar video to my torch factory's.
So where can I get a cheap/value Roamer automatic? Any other Swiss value automatics recommended?
Is Matthey-Tissot reasonable?

I have a Swiss made, Ronda quartz movement, but yet to dive into Swiss automatics.

I could go Tissot/Omega/Tag Heuer/Ebel, etc., but not feeling it at the moment and want to dip toe in a small way...?

QVC picked this up from its US parent company because they're afraid of offending any religious fundamentalists who may be watching at the time, mainly applying to certain states in the US. There seems to be a rule for most/all shopping TV channels to avoid saying 'Oh my god' in particular, even though in the UK you can hear that expression practically every day on nearly every other TV channel, and most likely they're all copying VCQ. On shopping TV it's usually 'Oh my gosh' even on Ideal World although 'Oh my god' was occasionally heard on IW.

QVC is very professional (not changed much in more than 20 years I've been watching for good and for bad, with an exception being Andi Peters' food shows), but very dry and usually lacking in any form of spontaneity. I very rarely watch the channel nowadays.
I used to watch QVC much more when the decent tech shows were on. Tablets, TVs, laptops, smart tech, black boxes, TV sticks, cameras/security, etc.

It was useful as an intro to latest trending gadgets/tech. Probably first heard about UHD, 4K, HDR there, with simple initial explanations. Then go look it up properly, research it more and find same or better elsewhere!

But as has been said here already, QVC seem to be aiming more now at female customers with majority of their offerings. Have seen the odd tech piece, but just dip in briefly.

I used to watch QVC much more when the decent tech shows were on. Tablets, TVs, laptops, smart tech, black boxes, TV sticks, cameras/security, etc.

It was useful as an intro to latest trending gadgets/tech. Probably first heard about UHD, 4K, HDR there, with simple initial explanations. Then go look it up properly, research it more and find same or better elsewhere!

But as has been said here already, QVC seem to be aiming more now at female customers with majority of their offerings. Have seen the odd tech piece, but just dip in briefly.
tech only really sells well enough to justify it at christmas but also mens stuff does not sell on Q at all so they wont do it which makes sense to me

Latest posts

Back