Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She doesn’t seem too bothered about the demise of IW or about the lesser mortals who have lost their “behind the scenes “ jobs. Shes either used to it , or she’s already got stuff in the pipeline knowing in advance that this was likely to happen. I remember when Bid went she was totally gutted and posted a video online and said she was going to start Her own ”channel “ from her bedroom selling clothes and cosmetics etc - she was literally in tears. She did start up a selling website and most of the stuff was what bid used to sell - very strange but better than flaunting her bikinis - who cares?!

She doesn’t seem too bothered about the demise of IW or about the lesser mortals who have lost their “behind the scenes “ jobs. Shes either used to it , or she’s already got stuff in the pipeline knowing in advance that this was likely to happen. I remember when Bid went she was totally gutted and posted a video online and said she was going to start Her own ”channel “ from her bedroom selling clothes and cosmetics etc - she was literally in tears. She did start up a selling website and most of the stuff was what bid used to sell - very strange but better than flaunting her bikinis - who cares?!
S Jacks TV is coming then

Okay got to be honest, although i'm posting on a shopping telly forum, i've stopped watching the shopping channels, don't buy from them so only watched for the entertainment value that the obnoxious idiots at IW provided, QVC while a lot more professional is just sooo boring, TJC is like an IW lite channel, full of irritating/annoying people spouting bullshit, but they are not as entertaining at it as IW were, although will be watching Bordell like a hawk :ROFLMAO:, Create & Craft well just ain't into crafts so dull as dish water, the rest are just so amateurish or informationals and again booooring. :ROFLMAO:
I agree. QVC put the P in po-faced, is riddled with overt political correctness, and has absolutely no intentional humour whatsoever. It was never really a barrel of laughs, but 20 or so years ago, when a couple of the more maverick presenters remained, it could be mildly amusing at times. I’ve tried to watch it over the last week or so but there is essentially nothing to watch - let alone pastiche. I lie…The guided tour in thirty seconds tech guy is slightly amusing, probably without even realising it. I imagine he takes his patter extremely seriously. That’s probably why he is funny, to me. Oh..and the Peters food shows at least had some life to them. But they don’t appear to be on at the moment from what I’ve seen. The shopping humour died along with Ideal World’s demise.

I agree. QVC put the P in po-faced, is riddled with overt political correctness, and has absolutely no intentional humour whatsoever. It was never really a barrel of laughs, but 20 or so years ago, when a couple of the more maverick presenters remained, it could be mildly amusing at times. I’ve tried to watch it over the last week or so but there is essentially nothing to watch - let alone pastiche. I lie…The guided tour in thirty seconds tech guy is slightly amusing, probably without even realising it. I imagine he takes his patter extremely seriously. That’s probably why he is funny, to me. Oh..and the Peters food shows at least had some life to them. But they don’t appear to be on at the moment from what I’ve seen. The shopping humour died along with Ideal World’s demise.
Peters is on QVC Saturday at 5pm, as part of Christmas in July.

The customers are funnier! sorry

Vqc are sexist.

There, I said it.

I try to catch the Matthew Palmer shows on command and conquer, as I partake in the stuffs of painting. Sometimes portraiture. Actually just finished a piece a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that, I avoid.

Interesting that CVQ is not immune from spinning a load of bol...rubbish too. That woman who swallowed a Texas Speak & Spell on 78 rpm droning on about the '116 years of heritage' with Hell & Bowell. It's not just once she does it. She does it all the time. I couldn't stand anymore of hearing it and put a complaint in to the without their teeth in ASA... Possibly some coincidence, but when she was presenting another of H&B product yesterday, she told us that a new team had taken over 'a few years back'. Not heard that before from her. Could she have been informally asked to have done that? Who knows..
She hadn't even read the instruction leaflet for the latest solar lights, what she said contradicted the leaflet several times.

Well that's a few minutes of my life I won't get back. Couldn't watch right to the end, the excitement of watching Sally show us her new Tesco bikinis was too exciting and I had to have a lie down. She's very kind to invite us to view her wearing the bikinis on holiday which she will upload to social media🤔.

I would do the same but I dont want to put people off their food...
I lasted a minute of it , noticed the Burnley accent got shelved again for this one for the false pretend posh one. Surely if you are going to put a pretend voice on you keep it consistent on your channel?!

It was easy as I already knew of that building years ago, way before Duchamp even existed, big fan of Roamer (have the a green dial version of the watch that features in the video), the front of the building is shown at the start of this video from 9 years ago.

A very similar video to my torch factory's.

QVC picked this up from its US parent company because they're afraid of offending any religious fundamentalists who may be watching at the time, mainly applying to certain states in the US. There seems to be a rule for most/all shopping TV channels to avoid saying 'Oh my god' in particular, even though in the UK you can hear that expression practically every day on nearly every other TV channel, and most likely they're all copying VCQ. On shopping TV it's usually 'Oh my gosh' even on Ideal World although 'Oh my god' was occasionally heard on IW.

QVC is very professional (not changed much in more than 20 years I've been watching for good and for bad, with an exception being Andi Peters' food shows), but very dry and usually lacking in any form of spontaneity. I very rarely watch the channel nowadays.

Okay got to be honest, although i'm posting on a shopping telly forum, i've stopped watching the shopping channels, don't buy from them so only watched for the entertainment value that the obnoxious idiots at IW provided, QVC while a lot more professional is just sooo boring, TJC is like an IW lite channel, full of irritating/annoying people spouting bullshit, but they are not as entertaining at it as IW were, although will be watching Bordell like a hawk :ROFLMAO:, Create & Craft well just ain't into crafts so dull as dish water, the rest are just so amateurish or informationals and again booooring. :ROFLMAO:
spot on that ive not watched any shopping channels for a bit now. IW was like a pantomime the others just cant compete with !! Where else would you get a buffoon like Simon planking in a plaid tracksuit, personal view, and hopefully I don't offend anyone but create and craft I find eerie quiet and strange with some quite creepy characters , I just don't get it or the products but then again when I did gcse art, the teacher advised me to swap to motor vehicle studies.

I've got back into other tv to fill the IW gap, it was a bit of a bad habit on a fair bit in the background for a chuckle but I did purchase a few things, its good to see this thread continues with lots of quality comments and observations, and not always just IW.

spot on that ive not watched any shopping channels for a bit now. IW was like a pantomime the others just cant compete with !! Where else would you get a buffoon like Simon planking in a plaid tracksuit, personal view, and hopefully I don't offend anyone but create and craft I find eerie quiet and strange with some quite creepy characters , I just don't get it or the products but then again when I did gcse art, the teacher advised me to swap to motor vehicle studies.

I've got back into other tv to fill the IW gap, it was a bit of a bad habit on a fair bit in the background for a chuckle but I did purchase a few things, its good to see this thread continues with lots of quality comments and observations, and not always just IW.
I was also rubbish at GCSE Art, my Art teacher used to say you couldnt draw a straight line Emma even if I held the ruler for you.

I certainly find this the most interesting and lively thread on the forum overall. It’s ironic really, bearing in mind that it’s about a channel that no longer exists. But that doesn’t seem to be a problem in preventing further activity.!!
It's like the threads about bid in their dying days with good old Wirral 70's hilarious contributions hopefully this will live on!

It’s also good because there is no equivalent general thread on the QVC forum. It’s either there about specific TSV launches or about a particular event or presenter on the channel. This particular thread is more all embracing of different opinion on more quirky issues and on varying topics..

I think we should celebrate the memory (not that she’s dead, as far as I know) of Treadmill Jenny. The lady of 20,000 steps a minute, on more times (at one time) than a suite of rattan presented by Peter Van Bigghendgorne…Her own biggest fan…she never held back in telling us how marvellous she looked now and how amazingly fit she had become plodding away aimlessly on a £239.99 (Best Price Ever since the Best Ever Ever Ever Price) treadmill. She stepped away for a moment and was never seen again. More Ideal World collateral damage.

Latest posts

Back