Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm aghast that a brand like Melitta would wish for their excellent products to be sold in such an awful, downmarket way and on such a truly ghastly channel.

But let's face it, can you honestly imagine there are that many people watching this carp who are in the market for a £600, £800 or £1000 Coffee Maker on the back of a pitch from a low rent Ollie Locke Tribute Act and Nan Nanty Nan? Two Tops for £25, on instalments, sure, but this? Nah!

You can just hear Jocasta and Giles telling their Primrose Hill dinner part guests 'oh, ya, we bought our Melitta from Ideal World on The Sky Television, it's bally marvellous':mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11864

I totally agree with this sentiment - in fact I carefully looked at the spelling of 'Melitta' in case IW was attempting a bit of passing off - like a bag of Aldi salt & vinegar dressed up to be Walkers. But no, it looks like genuine Melitta. What went through their minds when they decided to market their products through such a low rent medium is frankly baffling. They might as well have asked Poundland if they were interested. All you need is that squawking old hag Sally Jacks to present it and bang - 30 odd years of market positioning gone in a heartbeat.

Have you seen the latest Tops?

You've all seen this design before. They really are stuck in the 70's aren't they?

Yabba Dabba Doo :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 86
They're just swathes of fabric and make Tommy and Kate look like haute couiture! Talking of them, wonder what happened to all the left over stock? Probably went to landfill! Joking aside, I bought a Tommy and Kate travel set, it consisted of a massive holdall on wheels and a backpack. The holdall broke on the first outing -not only did one of the wheels fall off, but the zip broke too, dunno why I didn't send it back! The backpack however has been fantastic, and I take it everywhere, it's got loads of pockets inside and out and padded straps, I dread it breaking 'cause I've looked around and can't find one as good as that one!

They're just swathes of fabric and make Tommy and Kate look like haute couiture! Talking of them, wonder what happened to all the left over stock? Probably went to landfill! Joking aside, I bought a Tommy and Kate travel set, it consisted of a massive holdall on wheels and a backpack. The holdall broke on the first outing -not only did one of the wheels fall off, but the zip broke too, dunno why I didn't send it back! The backpack however has been fantastic, and I take it everywhere, it's got loads of pockets inside and out and padded straps, I dread it breaking 'cause I've looked around and can't find one as good as that one!

TomKat sadly went to ground after Bid's demise. Along with the Sally Jacks line of clothing, and Neil Russell's hopes of being the next Ridley Scott.

I would love to see a return of Rozzer Benini Handbags and Philip MerrrrrrSeeeeeeAyyyyyyy Watches.

Speaking of timepieces I'm disappointed such famous Horology 'Experts' Kevin & Caroline haven't brought us Klaus Kooooobec and Thomas Earnshaw.

Christin Lars (aka Cheatin Liars) could surely find a home there too :mysmilie_59:

Shrecque likes to think he does a mean impression of the famed Swiss watchmakers behind every timepiece Bid (Sorry, I mean "Ideal World") sells:

Sorry I havent posted a pic of what I am looking at BUT its (another) furniture collection hour and the £489 plastic lemony coloured chair is being demonstrated.

Has anyone else clocked onto the big hideous plastic bag that holds the remote slapped onto the side of the plastic chair? It looks like a bag that maybe found in a hospital full of bodily fluids!!!!! wow its VERY VERY bad looking.......................

£489!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

PS.....................£5 off fools eh folks as its advantage to the customers, Superb now get a horrible plastic chair for £484:mysmilie_15:

Sorry I havent posted a pic of what I am looking at BUT its (another) furniture collection hour and the £489 plastic lemony coloured chair is being demonstrated.

Has anyone else clocked onto the big hideous plastic bag that holds the remote slapped onto the side of the plastic chair? It looks like a bag that maybe found in a hospital full of bodily fluids!!!!! wow its VERY VERY bad looking.......................

£489!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

PS.....................£5 off fools eh folks as its advantage to the customers, Superb now get a horrible plastic chair for £484:mysmilie_15:

Save £5? Advantage my ......

I'm serving an Ace. Save more by stuffing a heavy duty bin bag full of polystyrene packaging, variously sized, and tie it up.

Just wriggle on it, there's your massage. And if you need some heat just rub some Fiery Jack on your Tuccas.

You can spend the money saved on a Cruise to North Korea.

Game, Set & Match :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Just get a load of this carp that the vile Genpleaseleave is saying about the Pleather Plop :-

'You've probably worked hard all of your life. You may have brought up your children or maybe you've just retired and it's time for you to have that luxury. I absolutely believe that anyone who has worked all their lives and worked hard deserves a bit of luxury'

Desperate isn't in it :down:

Just get a load of this carp that the vile Genpleaseleave is saying about the Pleather Plop :-

'You've probably worked hard all of your life. You may have brought up your children or maybe you've just retired and it's time for you to have that luxury. I absolutely believe that anyone who has worked all their lives and worked hard deserves a bit of luxury'

Desperate isn't in it :down:

Sounds remarkably similar to Shaun's spiel about the coffee machine yesterday, and how he wished that everyone with mobility issues could have a Luggie.

If I wanted "luxury", I wouldn't look for it on this shoddy channel.

Sounds remarkably similar to Shaun's spiel about the coffee machine yesterday, and how he wished that everyone with mobility issues could have a Luggie.

If I wanted "luxury", I wouldn't look for it on this shoddy channel.

I wish I could have a Kitchen M8/Actifry/Tower Rotisserie/Wolfgang Puck. But like Ideal's Chefs i'd still use my big Oven
I wish I could have a Vibrapower. But like Doddy Flump I'd still look like Mr Muscle
I wish I could have a Space Diamond. But like De Knees I'd still wear precious stones
I wish I could have a Bissell. But like Bev Bad Hare I've got wooden floors anyway
I wish I could have a Jet Wash like YMCA Daddy Lloyd. But Like YMCA Daddy Lloyd I'd use Waterless Car Wash

I wish I could save up and shop at John Lewis :mysmilie_59:

I was surprised to discover that Nanty is Ideal's longest-serving presenter (as he hardly ever mentions it; he really should lose some of that modesty and talk about himself more), and has been with the channel from the very beginning!

I think this should be celebrated, since he's stuck with the channel as it has sunk to deeper and deeper depths of televisual and financial ruin.

So maybe Ideal should give the viewers Nanty has helped get into hock by buying expensive mobility scooters and cruises to human rights' hotspots around the world the chance to buy their own little Shaun Ryan?

Something like this, perhaps?

View attachment 11877

****** HELL.

Sally Jacks is now telling people to give up stuff they enjoy doing (like buying the odd coffee, takeaways, whatever) to buy moissanite man made disco ball fake diamond rings.

Definitely a line has been crossed here.

****** HELL.

Sally Jacks is now telling people to give up stuff they enjoy doing (like buying the odd coffee, takeaways, whatever) to buy moissanite man made disco ball fake diamond rings.

Definitely a line has been crossed here.

Tell you how bored I am with I/w at the moment - I've got the football on, and I don't like football!

Latest posts

Back