Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gen doesn't normally do watch shows. So she will know f all about watches, mind you, no different to Mike, who should have been doing the show.

Yeah very true, but the fact is he does, seeing as he had an online watch retail business (which deservedly failed).

I have seen the same watch with a black strap for £345 on ebay.
The Grand Mont?

The Grand Mont?
Just a volcan
s-l1600111.jpg

Duchamp designed Volcan watch RRP £1850 selling at £489.99

CD1.JPG

My Roamer, the original which Duchamp is a copy of, RRP £450 bought it for £219

r1.JPG

Prices tell you all you need to know about the ethics of The Christophe Duchamp brand. Especially as the Duchamp watch is assembled in the Far East, the Roamer is Swiss Made.

The Marine is another Far East assemble watch, that's 3 out of 3 so far and yet they're still claiming they're Swiss Made. They haven't had one Swiss Made watch on the show so far.:rolleyes:
how do they get away with the claim Hammy, it seems a significant selling point to say Swiss made. Does someone in Switzerland open the back to put a battery in it?!

how do they get away with the claim Hammy, it seems a significant selling point to say Swiss made. Does someone in Switzerland open the back to put a battery in it?!

An interesting question, always thought to be "Swiss Made" there were stipulations manufacturers had to adhere to.

Prices tell you all you need to know about the ethics of The Christophe Duchamp brand. Especially as the Duchamp watch is assembled in the Far East, the Roamer is Swiss Made.

Let me get this straight, they are trying to sell a lookalike/copy for more money than an original or is there more to it than I am picking up on?

Because ASA are hopeless.

The company that make them have a factory in Switzerland and the Far East. Those watches with Swiss Made on the Dial are assembled in Switzerland, those with Swiss Movement on the dial are assembled in the Far East (Prob China).

These are the folks that make the Christophe Ducamp Watches. The Swiss Made watches are assembled in the factory in the pic, haven't found the Far East one that the Swiss Movement watches are assembled in yet.

CD2.JPG

An interesting question, always thought to be "Swiss Made" there were stipulations manufacturers had to adhere to.

Let me get this straight, they are trying to sell a lookalike/copy for more money than an original or is there more to it than I am picking up on?

There is stipulations, but remember it's not the manufacturer or even Duchamp that is making any false claims here, the watch dials are properly labelled, it's Bordell and Gen that are making the false claims.

On the second point, you're correct, trying to sell a copy for more money than the original.

There is stipulations, but remember it's not the manufacturer or even Duchamp that is making any false claims here, the watch dials are properly labelled, it's Bordell and Gen that are making the false claims.

On the second point, you're correct, trying to sell a copy for more money than the original.

Fair point there and there.

Dang thats clever, if every homage seller did that the original manufacturer would have to increase their prices so their items appeared more premium and then the cycle could begin again. Right off to order a load of homages from Ali in the hope they become heirlooms.

Opatra Luxbrush images ...... plinky plinky piano...... and repeat .... and repeat ..... and repeat

Opatra Luxbrush VT ...... plinky plinky piano...... and repeat .... and repeat ..... and repeat

We heading for a channel with just repeating product images/VT and no presenters (think glorified in-store TV)?

That sure would save some moolah on salaries and no new studio needed.

Or have they sent someone out to buy some lippy for Natalia as she's run out and can't appear without any?

No, its disinGenious... 18 minutes of nothingness and now her.

View attachment 27967

View attachment 27969

According to Ideal World my watch is Swiss Made

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 0
It seems to be prerecorded. I thought they were live till 2am
Normally they are, but I guess Mike not doing his shift, made them have to change things, as Gen was never going to do 7pm to 2am, maybe this is what happens when you haven’t got another presenter around, I guess Mike not being available only happened last minute, as surely it can’t be hard finding a presenter to cover in London. C&C had a similar issue last Sunday, Dean couldn’t make it and Den had to be called in.

Easiest thing for them to have done last night, was to have asked Joe if he would have continued on his own, till 9 or 10

Latest posts

Back