Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's just said the blankets will look great with the grey rattan furniture. He really is a thoughtless idiot.
I think it's the youngsters saying that in his ear as they know this forum's thoughts on the rattan, it's another finger in this direction along with the fake studio texts with members names

Coming up at 8pm on TJC an insulated coffee mug. Guess that will turn upon IW3 over the weekend, or sometime next week, just like the G Lamp Mike launched last night is going to be on TJC at 9am on Sunday. The whole setup is weird. I get they wanted to have a bigger market share, but do they really think TJC viewers never watch IW3 and vice vera. Items launched on one channel, soon end up on the other.
The same things always look better shown on TJC for some reason

At the end of Crackerjack the winner had armfuls of toys and games. I can remember so strongly my sister and me looking at them and wondering what it would be like to have that many toys. It was - to us - just unbelievable. I dont think we begrudged them, we just didn’t know there were that many! Then, a bit later, our mum got work friends with catalogues and at Christmas we used to look through them with that same wonder.

Did anyone else do that? It was kind of better than having them, because they never disappointed you. Mind you, one year I got ‘Crossfire’ and played it all the time for days. I can still feel the blisters from the trigger on that red plastic ball bearing ‘gun’.

I think we were all happier then…

Oh, absolutely. Blissful days!

As kids, my sister and I loved going through the many catalogues pointing out what we wanted. Especially the ones where everything was like 25p a week for 1,539 weeks/end of eternity plus interest. Mainly because as kids we got, idk, like 50p pocket money so those breakdowns made stuff feel affordable to us!

We never got much of any of it of course (single mum, council estate, etc) but that never affected us in the least! What my sister and I would get at Xmas (which wasn't always brand new) we were always absolutely over the moon with. No idea how mum mum did it. Looking back, I think we were appreciative and happy little sprogs - and I hope she could see that.

It is because they don't add all the BS sales pitch to the items. They just sell it.
But why, surely If it’s run by the run by the same people, both channels should run the same

They should have said to Sally, Peter and Mike, things are slightly different in this company, we don’t talk BS and as you are freelancers piss off If you think different

And blank cassettes to record the top 40

Haha, yeah - to this day when certain songs from the 90s play I can still remember the radio presenter chatter that was at the start of the version I taped, and I expect some songs to fade out sooner (because on the version I taped, the presented ended them early to move on to the next song).

As kids, my sister and I loved going through the many catalogues pointing out what we wanted. Especially the ones where everything was like 25p a week for 1,539 weeks/end of eternity plus interest. Mainly because as kids we got, idk, like 50p pocket money so those breakdowns made stuff feel affordable to us!

We never got much of any of it of course (single mum, council estate, etc) but that never affected us in the least! What my sister and I would get at Xmas (which wasn't always brand new) we were always absolutely over the moon with. No idea how mum mum did it. Looking back, I think we were appreciative and happy little sprogs - and I hope she could see that.
Same with my sister, making lists and often getting things not on the list and second hand. I would still say my childhood was wonderful even though it was miles different from what my granddaughters now get.

But why, surely If it’s run by the run by the same people, both channels should run the same

They should have said to Sally, Peter and Mike, things are slightly different in this company, we don’t talk BS and as you are freelancers piss off If you think different
I am unsure of the reason. I am aware that they bought IW to support continued growth, and purchasing IW assets provided them with the opportunity to create synergies. This basically means that they can sell the same goods via two platforms to increase sales.

Same here, we never had much. In summer when we were on holiday my mum would discretely buy cheap bits and pieces in the seaside shops, the sort of stuff you'd get in Poundland today. Come Christmas Day me and my brother had a pillow case each (no large Santa sack!) full of bits and pieces. A colouring book and pencils kept me quiet for ages!

Latest posts

Back