Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you know what ,I had forgotten about her very existence. A quick look on trusty You Tube reminded me.Yes...... well.....hmmmm.Shhhh.Don't remind IW or that Monday Club could be resurrected. ( would those power suits tempt you?)

Do you know what ,I had forgotten about her very existence. A quick look on trusty You Tube reminded me.Yes...... well.....hmmmm.Shhhh.Don't remind IW or that Monday Club could be resurrected. ( would those power suits tempt you?)

I loved watching the joy on their faces when they knew they were fleecing the 'club'

One trick I've now noticed Ideal World doing - and it's something that Bid TV used to do regularly - was to advertise one product for a particular time slot in the electronic programme guide (in my case, Freeview) but then to suddenly change the product description at the last minute. Tonight it was fashion that was initially advertised for the 7 to 8pm slot but that description had changed to the Bosch vacuum cleaner by 7pm.

Dear Nanty tonight described the Bosch cleaner as being "triple A-rated", which was technically true for cleaning and filtration but ignored the fact that the cleaner had a C rating for energy efficiency (to be fair this was mentioned elsewhere and may not matter too much given its power). However something that was even more dodgy was Pope Peter's claims about stock and availability made yesterday for the same cleaner; I now wish I had recorded Pete and Nanty's sales pitches for comparison, especially relating to Pete's claim along the lines that you would never see this price ever again (but can't remember the exact wording). Very dubious to say the least.

Their stock updates are becoming increasingly 'exotic'.

The thing with this Bosch Vacuum Cleaner is that they're selling it for a genuinely great price, it's much cheaper than elsewhere. And yet they still seem to have to tell yarns about availability.

Maybe BS'ing is just ingrained in them? :mysmilie_59:

Pervy is doing the Vax carpet cleaner, he owns a Jack Russell now...........I wonder how it gets on with his cat?

When Nanty was selling the Bosch Animal Vac he mentioned that 'he' has Cats.

Maybe Honky Tonks Jase doesn't like Cats? :mysmilie_59:

When Nanty was selling the Bosch Animal Vac he mentioned that 'he' has Cats.

Maybe Honky Tonks Jase doesn't like Cats? :mysmilie_59:

We never hear much about Jase still do we? He was all over his Mam on fashion again yesterday, couldn't shut him up about her slender figure.........she's a size 10.......she's 76 this year.......she loves the Nicole dress.........she loves this colour..........not sure about that colour

And there's Jase, pulling all those pints in the pub and not a word :sad: You'd think he'd give him a mention in all the watch hours he does

We never hear much about Jase still do we? He was all over his Mam on fashion again yesterday, couldn't shut him up about her slender figure.........she's a size 10.......she's 76 this year.......she loves the Nicole dress.........she loves this colour..........not sure about that colour

And there's Jase, pulling all those pints in the pub and not a word :sad: You'd think he'd give him a mention in all the watch hours he does

There will be no mentioning of him, ever!

Should have seen him yesterday in his Hugh Grant Style Brown Jacket with Elbow Patches. For a moment I thought I was watching Notting Hill.

But alas it was just that Snotty Shill :mysmilie_59:

Maybe there's a big surprise in store for Jase
A romantic cruise perhaps?Bet the presenters get a bit off.Of course mam will go with her new clothes.:mysmilie_480:

Who ever employed Sally Jacks needs shooting,have never heard so much crap come out of a presenters mouth,as comes out of Jacks big gob.

Maybe there's a big surprise in store for Jase
A romantic cruise perhaps?Bet the presenters get a bit off.Of course mam will go with her new clothes.:mysmilie_480:

Mam is sure to get a seat at the Captain's Table if she's wearing her Nicole garb.

These Planet Cruise people don't instill much confidence as Travel Agents. Last time they reckoned the Channel Islands were part of the United Kingdom and now they reckon Gibraltar is too :mysmilie_59:

May I just interject at this point Sarah Amy, you are getting close to being bumped off Ms Jaxx Christmas Card List! :mysmilie_17:

Although I may be wrong I don't think Sara Amy will cry many tears over that loss.Anyway,why would Sal need cards?She could yell her greetings to friends and family both near and far.:mysmilie_8:

Please get rid of the bid presenters and bring back the better presenters on create and craft to ideal world. The bidtv presenters just really suck and no one on this forum and tellymagazine also don't like these lot. So PLEASE ideal world get rid of them including rick hay.

Last edited:
Gollum selling bed topper last evening. He said buy one for your offspring going to uni cos they may be in a furnished flat and sleeping on the mattress is "ikky".

Or you could just buy a cheap mattress protector like I have. And I have a topper but not from IW. And I always thought people used sheets over a mattress, he implied you will catch diseases sleeping directly on it!

There seems to be two ways of selling - either you live in a state of utter disarray, squalour, and at imminent risk of dying of terrible diseases picked up from your substandard environment and this BUY this or that product to hold armageddon at bay... or you need to have the product in your already beautiful life to make it perfect because this or that sleb has one that looks similar-ish to what they are flogging. Both ways are utterly ridiculous when you take a good step back rather than getting swept along in the hysteria they try to generate.

Please get rid of the bid presenters and bring back the better presenters on create and craft to ideal world. The bidtv presenters just really suck and no one on this forum and tellymagazine also don't like these lot. So PLEASE ideal world get rid of them including rick hay.

I could not agree with you more, and I've actually surprised myself in saying this. I thoroughly enjoyed watching bid/price drop because of the banter, the sometimes ridiculous products, and even looking out for all the frankly ridiculous and misleading statements they made (not exactly difficult to spot eh?). Though I'd have to say that I didn't like the way they preyed upon the vulnerable and whilst measures were put in due to the numerous complaints they received - It was sadly too little too late and as we know the rest is history.

When I started seeing the bid presenters emerging on Ideal World, I was quite pleased (although Gollum and Pervy Pete would have been my last choices), then Sally, Peter Sherlock etc - but a few months down the line I can see that "fun and banter" hasn't transposed onto IW at all, but the all the bad stuff, the lies, the exaggeration, the misleading sales pitches have come flooding through.A channel that could at worst have been called dull, is not only still dull, but is up to the old tricks that got the sit up's closed down. IW - You are now Bid tv without the charm! I really think they need to take a few steps back and see what they can do to salvage this channel before it's too late - like you say, introducing some credible presenters would be a good start!

I could not agree with you more, and I've actually surprised myself in saying this. I thoroughly enjoyed watching bid/price drop because of the banter, the sometimes ridiculous products, and even looking out for all the frankly ridiculous and misleading statements they made (not exactly difficult to spot eh?). Though I'd have to say that I didn't like the way they preyed upon the vulnerable and whilst measures were put in due to the numerous complaints they received - It was sadly too little too late and as we know the rest is history.

When I started seeing the bid presenters emerging on Ideal World, I was quite pleased (although Gollum and Pervy Pete would have been my last choices), then Sally, Peter Sherlock etc - but a few months down the line I can see that "fun and banter" hasn't transposed onto IW at all, but the all the bad stuff, the lies, the exaggeration, the misleading sales pitches have come flooding through.A channel that could at worst have been called dull, is not only still dull, but is up to the old tricks that got the sit up's closed down. IW - You are now Bid tv without the charm! I really think they need to take a few steps back and see what they can do to salvage this channel before it's too late - like you say, introducing some credible presenters would be a good start!

It's charmless isn't it Merry? It's just flat out, raw, exceptionally crude shilling.

It should be noted that they do occasionally sell some decent stuff at very good prices but that doesn't often extend past hoovers and some kitchen kit really.

The rest of their offer is mostly overpriced crap, eyewatering delivery charges for slow service, scandalous and unprecedented 09 Premium Rate Order Lines and a most awful group of presenters who really are quite hideous. It's achingly out of date and sadly seems long past its sell by date.

It needs to be scrapped and, if possible, recycled :mysmilie_59:

the one thing I think we will say about bid tv is that they knew they were shoddy in terms of set up and techniques so they played to their strengths as in they had some funny ****ers to let loose at times.

as has been said, IW has taken the bad traits of bid but none of the guilty pleasures as such.

Also I noticed that their bedding expert (when creepy crawley doesn't fancy it) is also an expert on vases. Who knew...

the one thing I think we will say about bid tv is that they knew they were shoddy in terms of set up and techniques so they played to their strengths as in they had some funny ****ers to let loose at times.

as has been said, IW has taken the bad traits of bid but none of the guilty pleasures as such.

Also I noticed that their bedding expert (when creepy crawley doesn't fancy it) is also an expert on vases. Who knew...

I agree. Bid were irreverent and never tried to be a traditional shopping channel, they were also incredibly dishonest.

Ideal World is a grotesque morphing of often quite bizarre sales techniques while also trying to be a 'proper' shopping channel. And sadly I personally believe that at times they are becoming quite or even very dishonest, sometimes when there appears no real reason to be (like the incredulous stock BS for that Bosch Vacuum which on the face of it seems like a real bargain).

Unless perhaps they feel there is a need for the dishonesty and they are in trouble? These stock updates are, in my opinion, becoming unacceptable and I suspect someone will soon contact the ASA if it keeps occurring.

It appears to be a quite clear case of exerting undue pressure. I personally have little doubt that such a complaint would be upheld but that is just my opinion. :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back