Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Where did that Jess My Bald Grandad Wants This Comb go? Did she run of relatives product analogies?
Duke I was wondering that, as the 2pm to 6 pm slot, she used to do with Peter, Is down as Sally today, and Peter is on at 6pm, he hasn’t done a Tuesday Evening shift since relaunch

And no Mike today, as he gone from Tuesday to Friday, to Wednesday to Saturday

I think Jess might have been offered a job at Shop on TV, when it starts running during the day. Or, maybe she had enough of selling pure tat. Jezza is on holiday in Canada. Mark Ryes is still away. I think they are just trying to cover for these 2 presenters not been available.

I think Jess might have been offered a job at Shop on TV, when it starts running during the day. Or, maybe she had enough of selling pure tat. Jezza is on holiday in Canada. Mark Ryes is still away. I think they are just trying to cover for these 2 presenters not been available.
You are probably right. Or she is selling herself now as some sort of travel guru. I disagree on being fed up with hawking tat. I think she’d sell chocolate teapots or paper fireguards if she was asked to. I see no sign of craving for quality with the ridiculous waffle she spouts when selling on shopping television I’ve seen her demonstrate over the years. Also, she’s a Nottingham girl, isn’t she? And all the current work for this outfit is being done in London, which must be a real pain travel wise for a woman with a young family to cope with.

He does speak some guff. It's a gold watch Peter, nothing special about it. It's certainly not worth £4000
If they actually listened to what they say, they'd realise how stupid and nonsensical much of it is. I watched a few mins of Peter S selling a ladies gold watch last night. First stupid comment:

It's heavy, it's HEAVY!!!

Even if the viewer wanted a heavy watch, there's no way the little gold watch he was selling would be heavy. Second stupid comment (I think the watch was selling for £1,500 or thereabouts):

The gold in the strap alone is worth £2,000. Go and get it valued!

Peter S seems almost obsessed with giving wildly inaccurate info about watch straps, usually relating to what the strap is worth or would cost elsewhere.

p.s. to prove my point, if the gold in the strap is worth £2,000, why are you selling the watches for £1,500? Feck selling them, you (IW) should be keeping them, get them melted down and pocket the cash you'd make from the gold ;)

You are probably right. Or she is selling herself now as some sort of travel guru. I disagree on being fed up with hawking tat. I think she’d sell chocolate teapots or paper fireguards if she was asked to. I see no sign of craving for quality with the ridiculous waffle she spouts when selling on shopping television I’ve seen her demonstrate over the years. Also, she’s a Nottingham girl, isn’t she? And all the current work for this outfit is being done in London, which must be a real pain travel wise for a woman with a young family to cope with.
She either lives in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. I was thinking she must be the youngest presenter, her friends might of had a quiet word to give her head a wobble for selling cheap tat on TV and she had taken it onboard. You might be right about the holiday business, she has used her travel team to book a 5 night getaway to Gran Canaria for the 3 of them in just a few weeks time.

Last edited:
If they actually listened to what they say, they'd realise how stupid and nonsensical much of it is. I watched a few mins of Peter S selling a ladies gold watch last night. First stupid comment:

It's heavy, it's HEAVY!!!

Even if the viewer wanted a heavy watch, there's no way the little gold watch he was selling would be heavy. Second stupid comment (I think the watch was selling for £1,500 or thereabouts):

The gold in the strap alone is worth £2,000. Go and get it valued!

Peter S seems almost obsessed with giving wildly inaccurate info about watch straps, usually relating to what the strap is worth or would cost elsewhere.

p.s. to prove my point, if the gold in the strap is worth £2,000, why are you selling the watches for £1,500? Feck selling them, you (IW) should be keeping them, get them melted down and pocket the cash you'd make from the gold ;)

He made a comment on a watch show ad break about a month ago when he didnt know his mike was still on ‘im going to hell’

Some gullible folk out there unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back