Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an absolute favourite FA Cup game. Not a Palace one, but the Wrexham v Arsenal one (3rd Round?) from 1992, I think. The Arsenal had gone up there in a strip to bring on a migraine and very assured of themselves to beat Wrexham struggling in the 4th Division at the time. Arsenal scored first, shut up shop and the game stayed at 0-1 well into the second half. You need to appreciate what a massive tournament the FA Cup still was back then, and Premiership teams put out their best sides for all rounds. Anyway, 37 year-old Mickey Thomas scored the most amazing free kick past Seaman and minutes later, Steve Watkin got the second. Arsenal became then desperate to try and get an equaliser, but the more they tried the more they seemed unlikely to score. The match finished 2-1 to Wrexham. It was just the most amazing result..Ironically, Wrexham went out in the next round to West Ham (I think), ironically enough.

I have an absolute favourite FA Cup game. Not a Palace one, but the Wrexham v Arsenal one (3rd Round?) from 1992, I think. The Arsenal had gone up there in a strip to bring on a migraine and very assured of themselves to beat Wrexham struggling in the 4th Division at the time. Arsenal scored first, shut up shop and the game stayed at 0-1 well into the second half. You need to appreciate what a massive tournament the FA Cup still was back then, and Premiership teams put out their best sides for all rounds. Anyway, 37 year-old Mickey Thomas scored the most amazing free kick past Seaman and minutes later, Steve Watkin got the second. Arsenal became then desperate to try and get an equaliser, but the more they tried the more they seemed unlikely to score. The match finished 2-1 to Wrexham. It was just the most amazing result..Ironically, Wrexham went out in the next round to West Ham (I think), ironically enough.
Upsets were upsets back then, they aren’t so much of an upset these days when clubs make 11 changes.

I’m a Leeds fan, I remember when we overspent in the 2000s to be in the Champions League regularly, ended up dropping to League 1, Then making the way back to the Prem, Currently in the Championship, With a good side, Watching Ipswich v Watford tonight, wanting Watford to win

Latest posts

Back