Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter said he would pay £500
I'd pay £500 to see Joe Pasquale run up to Peter live on air, shout in his high pitch tone 'you're talking pish ...' and then ram a custard pie right into his face. Joe then turns to camera, shouts 'don't believe the sh1te!!!' and runs out the studio.

Heck, I'd pay £5000 to see that :)

I'd pay £500 to see Joe Pasquale run up to Peter live on air, shout in his high pitch tone 'you're talking pish ...' and then ram a custard pie right into his face. Joe then turns to camera, shouts 'don't believe the sh1te!!!' and runs out the studio.

I think quite a few of us on here would chip in a few quid🤣

Foghorn has just said that 27 years ago she was in pantomime with Keith Harris and Orville the duck, a quick Internet search and I do believe I've found evidence she's actually telling the truth for once !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240528_151655_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_151655_Google.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 0
Open your mouth swallow your face is on. Don’t know if she’s been “Natalied” but her eyes are almost as big as her gob. She’s flogging One Truth Serum, does that mean if the presenters use it, they’ll stop telling porkies?

Oh, is that the brand with the (loud) promo shown between presentations showing a scientist in a full body biohazard suit and gas mask holding up a test tube as a voice over sternly lectures that TRUTH ONE TRUTH 818 is a revolution in skin serum technology etc?

Nothing screams "this is safe" more seeing a scientist make it …while dressed to avoid coming into contact with it 🤭

I imagine their logo is just as reassuring

💭
😂

81CHD7nBT2L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, is that the brand with the (loud) promo shown between presentations showing a scientist in a full body biohazard suit and gas mask holding up a test tube as a voice over sternly lectures that TRUTH ONE TRUTH 818 is a revolution in skin serum technology etc?

Nothing screams "this is safe" more than showing it being made by scientist dressed to avoid coming into contact with it 🤭

I (imagine) their logo is just as reassuring too…

View attachment 28715
Threads and the original version of survivors petrified me back in the 70’s and 80’s - I still can’t watch them now 🤣

Threads and the original version of survivors petrified me back in the 70’s and 80’s - I still can’t watch them now 🤣

I've never seen Threads but I am aware it's grim! The cover of the DVD (which I used above) terrifies me.

In primary school (!!) we were shown an animated film called When the wind blows during a wet lunchtime and it was absolutely traumatising. I imagine Threads (and The Day After, a nuclear fallout themed drama shown in the USA that had such a profound effect on President Reagan it led to a change in US nuclear strategy during the Cold War and an effort to work with the USSR to reduce weapons stockpiles) would be similarly affecting.

Last edited:
I think quite a few of us on here would chip in a few quid🤣

I'll ask him if you like, he lives in my village (seriously). I think he's on tour somewhere at the moment.

Survivors- the original (not the remake) BBC series from the mid-1970s was one of the most thought provoking and frightening programmes about human reactions to disaster (a world spread and mainly lethal virus) I have ever seen. I still think of it now.

Mike the Magic Market Stall Man is lecturing us on dentistry. Says he's no expert but goes into detail about microbes et al and it's clear he must have spent all of 5 minutes reading the blurb on the packaging.

It's this sort of faux medical knowledge which irritates me about IW presenters. Some of them are better than others at saying "may help" rather than "will help" but they are in the main amateurs with no special knowledge.

"If it's in your basket it's not yours yet. Please check out. You must check out."

Latest posts

Back