Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Leading up to Christmas the sales pitches seemed palpably desperate, now they seem to be merely reeking of resignation.

Maybe their holiday sales figures were dire? This wouldn't really surprise me as it didn't seem that their buyers made any particular effort to offer a great deal different to their usual products :mysmilie_59:

When do they ever offer a great deal, apart from when it's a vax. As we all know, they will make everything seem like the best deal ever, until you read between the lines.

Not with him as one of their presenters they are not along with baldy and PS

But, the baldy one is on now and selling a mattress and he has just said "We are seven minutes into the show and 50% of the King Size matresses has sold out. So there! I mean, he wouldn't lie would he?

And he just said "we are going to make you an offer you can't refuse". I ****** well can, whatever the offer is, I don't want it from him...

Watching IW extra with Ol'Per Pete and the" Dolmeo" bed bloke Shaun the Sleep.Guest stars include green bowling ball,glass of water,headless woman jumping up and down on bed,and portion of bed springing.
Pete splutters his way through his dodgy dialogue as usual and talking about the depths of ****** winter again .Any one notice how shifty Pete's eyes are?

But, the baldy one is on now and selling a mattress and he has just said "We are seven minutes into the show and 50% of the King Size matresses has sold out. So there! I mean, he wouldn't lie would he?

If they're tackled about this they would no doubt say that any percentage refers to the total stock allocated to a special offer which has normally been available for some time prior to the show, but anyone casually tuning in might actually think that they've sold 50% of the stock very quickly within the first seven minutes.

Having said that it can only be a small number of people who are actually misled given how slowly the stock percentage usually seems to change during the hour :mysmilie_59:

Not that I like to get ''catty'' however I have noticed it is winter yet Joanne is trying to look as orange as Donald Trump.

My god why?

Moik just said (regarding the salter stick blender/smoothie maker)..."just get it - even if you don't need it!" Went on to say how tight money is for him and everybody at this time of year following xmas, but everybody can spare £20 for something like this! (can they?) Ok, it's a mighty fine deal, as I've read reviews and it does seem to be a good product, even if Robert Dyas are doing it for £16.95, but IW are delivering it free of charge, so that can't be bad. However, on a shopping channel, which we all know can be addictive especially to those who can least afford it, should he really be encouraging people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need?! I have no problem with presenters trying to persuade us that what they're selling is something we need, that's their job, but to blatantly tell viewers to buy something even if they don't need it, is a step too far imo! Yes I know there are people out there with a shopping addiction who do just that, going round the shops, or trawling the internet and buying anything and everything - But a vulnerable old person for example, is far more likely to reach for the phone and snap one of these must have offers up than to put on their winter coat and go round town
spending!

Moik just said (regarding the salter stick blender/smoothie maker)..."just get it - even if you don't need it!" Went on to say how tight money is for him and everybody at this time of year following xmas, but everybody can spare £20 for something like this! (can they?) Ok, it's a mighty fine deal, as I've read reviews and it does seem to be a good product, even if Robert Dyas are doing it for £16.95, but IW are delivering it free of charge, so that can't be bad. However, on a shopping channel, which we all know can be addictive especially to those who can least afford it, should he really be encouraging people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need?! I have no problem with presenters trying to persuade us that what they're selling is something we need, that's their job, but to blatantly tell viewers to buy something even if they don't need it, is a step too far imo! Yes I know there are people out there with a shopping addiction who do just that, going round the shops, or trawling the internet and buying anything and everything - But a vulnerable old person for example, is far more likely to reach for the phone and snap one of these must have offers up than to put on their winter coat and go round town
spending!

I'm not here to stick up for any presenter, but if they say to a customer they don't need it but it is only £20, surely thats better for the vulnerable than saying its a life or death product?

I was just looking through some reviews for the halogen oven, it's on tonight as POD. I wonder if this one was written by Howard?

this product although does what it says on the box i guess will not last long, the product is flimsy, the top seats badly onto the bowel, poor quality

I was just looking through some reviews for the halogen oven, it's on tonight as POD. I wonder if this one was written by Howard?

this product although does what it says on the box i guess will not last long, the product is flimsy, the top seats badly onto the bowel, poor quality

It's could be him.The bowel boy .Bet he takes his Syrup of Figs faithfully every night.

Heard another classic (and a very very desperate line) from the Bald Bloke earlier which was ALMOST on a par with the worry crystals sales pitch.

The Bald Bloke was trying to flog 2 VR Box 2.0 Virtual Reality Headsets for £20......So and I quote the Bald Bloke says "even if you are down or depressed or in a bad place at the moment, well just buy these even if they give you only a few minutes relief from being down you cant go wrong by just giving these a try!"

Nobody will be surprised to learn the price is £39.99 (+£4.99 P&P).

It's not 'our lowest ever price' though. It's 'pay less today' as it's over 4 Flexipay.

You might be paying less today, you won't be paying less though. They were selling it the other week for £39.99 with no P&P :mysmilie_15:

Heard another classic (and a very very desperate line) from the Bald Bloke earlier which was ALMOST on a par with the worry crystals sales pitch.

The Bald Bloke was trying to flog 2 VR Box 2.0 Virtual Reality Headsets for £20......So and I quote the Bald Bloke says "even if you are down or depressed or in a bad place at the moment, well just buy these even if they give you only a few minutes relief from being down you cant go wrong by just giving these a try!"

More medical advice from another expert! What a plank and quack!

The mouth SJ just said on the halogen oven show why does the light keep going on and of is that a fault, jesus wept is she for real thats right dear they are making thousands of these with faults on them silly mare

Oh, dear! and what's more he could have put forward a "happiness" pitch without making ludicrous comments like that....this'll put a bit of "sunshine" into a cold, damp january day?!

I was sat watching some of that show wondering why someone would want them. Now I know...

Putting aside the very poor independent reviews for this device they are at the very least some 150% overpriced, quite possibly even 200%, for similar base level kit. It seems it's is just not worth spending so much money on these less advanced devices but if you insist on trying this kind of thing out before you invest in a proper set maybe get a set of Google Cardboard for about £10 or even a pair from Poundland or B&M for a fiver or less.

Doesn't sound like it's worth wasting your money despite what their 'Tech' expert says, who these days is surely to tech what the shocking Shaun Crawley is to 'Luuuuuuuxury' :mysmilie_59:

http://happyvr.eu/review/review-vr-box-ii/

Putting aside the very poor independent reviews for this device they are at the very least some 150% overpriced, quite possibly even 200%, for similar base level kit. It seems it's is just not worth spending so much money on these less advanced devices but if you insist on trying this kind of thing out before you invest in a proper set maybe get a set of Google Cardboard for about £10 or even a pair from Poundland or B&M for a fiver or less.

Doesn't sound like it's worth wasting your money despite what their 'Tech' expert says, who these days is surely to tech what the shocking Shaun Crawley is to 'Luuuuuuuxury' :mysmilie_59:

Not very promising reviews are they?But then ,who needs Virtual Reality when we have the crazy almost unbelievably shocking world of IW.A theatre, shop,and Fagin's den with a smattering of psychodelic gibberish (and that's all for real).

Attachments

• images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 102

That is one carp review! I am surprised IW picked up the product, then I realised they are in keeping with the rest of their offerings. Total, absolute, and complete sh**e.
I/W best year ever - I don't think so. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back