Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

‘Chef’ Joe offers a £200 Le Cordon Bleu 5 Piece Knife Set at 9:00pm.

While certainly a considered purchase I’m sure that Joe will demonstrate the value of making the investment.

He’ll no doubt give a masterclass in chopping techniques :mysmilie_59:

Assuming it's the same product, I ordered the 5 cordon bleu knife set with a set of 3 "free" chopping boards a couple of weeks ago and have to say they are blinking good. Wouldn't pay £200 for them but £50 was a fair price. I think someone on here had used them previously and said they were good which is what swayed me to buy rather than what the IW presenters were saying (!)

I'm trying to think who I don't like enough to give the chopping boards too, they are OKish but don't need any more.

That was me Kim

I used the brand when in Germany working very reliable and for that price a great buy

Ideal must have bought thousands, one of the few shows were they don't mention how busy there are all the time either, sign of a product actually selling itself :)

glad you like em

in other news turns out the 3 o clock williams show went ahead

Hayley you must sleep well at night with those pressure tactics I would not

Assuming it's the same product, I ordered the 5 cordon bleu knife set with a set of 3 "free" chopping boards a couple of weeks ago and have to say they are blinking good. Wouldn't pay £200 for them but £50 was a fair price. I think someone on here had used them previously and said they were good which is what swayed me to buy rather than what the IW presenters were saying (!)

I'm trying to think who I don't like enough to give the chopping boards too, they are OKish but don't need any more.

Aye Kim, it’s the same product.

It’s actually going for £49.99 with a Salter 4 Piece Chopping Set. It was advertised on the website for £199.99 but as is so often the case the price has since ‘dropped’ prior to being broadcast.

As you said, it was also sold for £50 a few weeks ago :mysmilie_59:

So they’re now selling the ‘£200’ knives for £50.

But hurry, it’s a time limited offer (despite KimP buying exactly the same deal, for the same price, weeks ago).

How do they get away with a dire warning that the ‘price will go up to £199.98’ when there’s next to no chance they’ll ever sell them on air at that price.

I know lots of retailers can be ‘creative’ with sale offers but that is beyond egregious. The crazy thing is that they sound like they’re well worth £50 anyway :mysmilie_59:

0B3D69CB-30CA-4186-A41C-DEBD9298E4AB.jpgB8DB7FD4-37D8-4076-977B-FB87CDDFD5F4.jpg

They have ended up cheapening the offer with that very old sales tactic

An aside Janice Phillips was on sky news last night at the Leicester tragedy with I presume her partner, not nice seeing anyone that upset hope she is ok.

When selling a bag of Cafe Cereza Ground Coffee De Knees said :-

‘You will never have had Ground Coffee as fresh as this as Cafe Cereza is fairly close to us here ‘

Cafe Cereza is based in Sheffield, 100 miles away from Peterborough :mysmilie_59:

So they’re now selling the ‘£200’ knives for £50.

But hurry, it’s a time limited offer (despite KimP buying exactly the same deal, for the same price, weeks ago).

How do they get away with a dire warning that the ‘price will go up to £199.98’ when there’s next to no chance they’ll ever sell them on air at that price.

I know lots of retailers can be ‘creative’ with sale offers but that is beyond egregious. The crazy thing is that they sound like they’re well worth £50 anyway :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16437View attachment 16438

I bought the previous offer which consisted of 7 knives and a bamboo chopping board for £70. Same 5 knives as the current offer, plus 2 steak knives. So it appears that they're charging £10 per knife no matter what size they are.

They sound like French knives, but they never say that they are all made in china. Having said that, they are very nice knives.

I bought the previous offer which consisted of 7 knives and a bamboo chopping board for £70. Same 5 knives as the current offer, plus 2 steak knives. So it appears that they're charging £10 per knife no matter what size they are.

They sound like French knives, but they never say that they are all made in china. Having said that, they are very nice knives.

They look good, £50 seems fair but their ‘usual price’ of £200 is preposterous.

But then this is the channel that shills a skip load of Lizzie G Potions that are supposedly ‘worth’ £200 for £32 :mysmilie_19:

0F14410A-C903-4AD8-841B-7F104B1F2862.jpg

This xmas lights special is impossible to watch

Joanne is not happy sharing the airtime with Gtech Justine who is now a home expert. Sadly (for Jo) Justine appears to have something about her which I also get the impression Jo does not like.

12.45 We are heading for a guaranteed sell out says Jo

lets see

she has a child she has 6 sets of parents that help eachother she works full time she has no time

she makes her own wrapping paper?! lets take the stress out of christmas, have you fallen out of love with it all?

Apparently a £19.99 LED snowflake projector solves everything

This xmas lights special is impossible to watch

Joanne is not happy sharing the airtime with Gtech Justine who is now a home expert. Sadly (for Jo) Justine appears to have something about her which I also get the impression Jo does not like.

12.45 We are heading for a guaranteed sell out says Jo

lets see

As of 2:37pm they, predictably, haven’t sold out.

I agree about the tetchy dynamic between Justine and Joanne. But Justine is even more of a camera hogging show off than Joanne, which never goes down well with a Goon.

While watching the Snowflake Lamp in sheer amazement, Justine said ‘You could charge people to come round to see them’ :mysmilie_59:

Would not like to rely on that income

Yes she seems to be, not much point in any of these experts none of this stuff is complex, cut even more costs and just let the egos speak

The knives I received from IW have the words 'Made In China' on each box. You can't argue with that!!

That makes sense because I don’t think the Cordon Bleu Knives that Ideal World are selling are the Zwilling Knives referred to in the article on the Cordon Bleu website.

It seems there are a few different types of Knives branded with ‘Cordon Bleu’, including high end Zwilling Knives and equally high end Wusthof Knives. The ones I’ve seen both have their own brand name and the Cordon Bleu brand name on the blades, and they both tend to be expensive.

I don’t know who makes the Cordon Bleu branded Knives being sold on Ideal World, which as far as I can see have no manufacturer brand name and merely have the Cordon Bleu brand name on them :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back