Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dirty Peter just bellowed : -

‘Get yer phones ready, Collectors get yer phones ready, there weren’t many of these made, THIS is the Eraknoplan”

And after all that he got the name wrong, it’s called Ekranoplan.

Kevski explicitly claimed that only Precious Stones are more expensive to add to a Watch Dial than Tritium Tubes. Is that true? :mysmilie_59:

Well I sold a quartz Sotto Marino Italia watch on ebay with tritium tubes a few weeks ago. I bought that watch about 7 years ago off ebay for around £70 from the USA.

More very strange tactics from Ideal

The 4pm show has just started at 3.52pm, the tablet show was obviously not selling a thing but why bother not doing the last eight minutes?

Peter tells us Kevski is the most famous horologist in the world....

Thanks for all your emails phone calls and letters

This is going to be full on cringe

The 3pm show might have been a previous prerecorded hour; if you edit out all the "Coming up next" bits its length may be reduced by a few minutes.

Well I sold a quartz Sotto Marino Italia watch on ebay with tritium tubes a few weeks ago. I bought that watch about 7 years ago off ebay for around £70 from the USA.

Thanks Radio, when I heard him say that I immediately assumed it was typical Kevski BS

Another ‘selling point’ of the Ekranoplan Watch that Kevski proudly pointed out is that it has a Bolt in the Buckle on the Strap ‘that will take 25Kg’.

So that must mean it’s well worth £700 :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Radio, when I heard him say that I immediately assumed it was typical Kevski BS

Another ‘selling point’ of the Ekranoplan Watch that Kevski proudly pointed out is that it has a Bolt in the Buckle on the Strap ‘that will take 25Kg’.

So that must mean it’s well worth £700 :mysmilie_59:

He also bleats on about the wonderful Seiko NH35 movement in the watch. The movement is ok but just entry level at a cost of around £30. It really should not be in a watch at over £500!!! Probably cheaper to replace it than service it. You can get the same movement in a genuine Seiko at around £200

He also bleats on about the wonderful Seiko NH35 movement in the watch. The movement is ok but just entry level at a cost of around £30. It really should not be in a watch at over £500!!! Probably cheaper to replace it than service it. You can get the same movement in a genuine Seiko at around £200

I’m not at all knowledgeable regarding Watches but I suspect there could possibly be some issues surrounding the Kevin Reynolds Watch ‘Shows’ that the ASA would be interested in. There’s something just not right about the spiel.

Luckily for Ideal World, I honestly doubt many people are interested enough in this channel anymore to bother complaining.

Even by Ideal World’s hysterical presentation standards the Peter Simon/Kevin Reynolds programmes are, quite simply, excruciating :mysmilie_59:

I’m not at all knowledgeable regarding Watches but I suspect there could possibly be some issues surrounding the Kevin Reynolds Watch ‘Shows’ that the ASA would be interested in. There’s something just not right about the spiel.

Luckily for Ideal World, I honestly doubt many people are interested enough in this channel anymore to bother complaining.

Even by Ideal World’s hysterical presentation standards the Peter Simon/Kevin Reynolds programmes are, quite simply, excruciating :mysmilie_59:

Just watched a bit of tonight's broadcast ( might have been a repeat ).
Peter Simon made a couple of claims that surprised me -one was that Traser watches are worn by 'secret agents and the SAS'.
The other more striking claim was when Kevin said that Mathey Tissot had supplied movements to other manufacturers Peter blurted out 'Patek Phillipe'.

Can this possibly be true ?
Nothing on the internet that I can find to support such a claim, so did Peter just make it up ?

It would be a serious infraction if he had.

Last edited:
Just watched a bit of tonight's broadcast ( might have been a repeat ).
Peter Simon made a couple of claims that surprised me -one was that Traser watches are worn by 'secret agents and the SAS'.
The other more striking claim was when Kevin said that Mathey Tissot had supplied movements to other manufacturers Peter blurted out 'Patek Phillipe'.

Can this possibly be true ?
Nothing on the internet that I can find to support such a claim, so did Peter just make it up ?

It would be a serious infraction if he had.

I'm not sure about many of the claims by Kevski and Simon, but I don't like all of the fake excitement and Simon claiming he's going to buy many of the watches he's flogging!

I have to admit I'd never heard of Mathey Tissot until I saw them on IW, although looking on the net, they appear to pretty well known in some parts of the world. I do however feel that it is a phoenix company that went out of business in the quartz crisis of the 1970's. That was when quartz watches from Japan and the far east became popular and many Swiss watch makers of mechanical watches went out of business. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that Mathey Tissot just isn't the same company that it was in the past. For Simon to keep saying that Mathey Tissot is one of the great watch makers of the world is just compete nonsense!!!

Last edited:
Sigh..... Richard Dire, what a twunt. Talking about his cheap and nasty drone "that decimal point looks like it is in the wrong place. £699 is what you'd expect to pay for this at major electronic retailers"

How can he say crap like that with a straight face? I wish a channel would show his Dragons Den appearance on 24/7 repeat

It's absolutely no different to the seller of any product doing the same ...

'Yes we're selling this Ford Focus for £25k new, however it could easily be a £250k car and would sell all day long at that price.'
'Yes we're selling this new build house for £250k, however it could easily be a £2.5 million house and would sell all day long at that price.'

etc etc. This is where viewers need to apply a LOT of logic to the rubbish these people spout before making a purchase.

Dirty Peter just bellowed : -

‘Get yer phones ready, Collectors get yer phones ready, there weren’t many of these made, THIS is the Eraknoplan”

And after all that he got the name wrong, it’s called Ekranoplan.

Kevski explicitly claimed that only Precious Stones are more expensive to add to a Watch Dial than Tritium Tubes. Is that true? :mysmilie_59:

The people making these 'classical timepieces' are laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the gullible muppets ... oops sorry 'collectors' that buy them.

No producer of true tier 1 watches would associate with an outfit like IW. Note I'm not saying they don't sell some nice watches from well known brands that are, in their tier, quality ... however don't try and convince us we're getting a watch for £500 that 'should be' £1500 because at the end of the day, we're not.

I had a Tissot mechanical watch MANY years ago, there was no mention of Mathey.

I lost it!

It fell off my wrist in deep snow so it disappeared :(

Ha Ha!

Tissot and Mathey Tissot are completely unrelated. Tissot are owned by Swatch Group, who also own Omega, Longines and Breguet.

Many, many years ago Mathey Tissot was a very high end Watch Manufacturer. It’s unlikely the current version of the brand is though. If it was it surely wouldn’t be getting shilled by Kevin Reynolds and Peter Simon, on Ideal World, on Flexipay.

It seems some of their models are pretty good, but not for what those rogues charge, and can be purchased elsewhere for far less :mysmilie_59:

Joanne does not have much luck in her life it seems

A new one for me anyway on this vax show

"my car was broken into this summer (sad face) I honestly dont no what I would have done without my vax....."

Used another vacuum? just an idea

I have no idea if the above story is true, however body language and Joanne looking uncomfortable when telling the "story" makes me doubt it

"my car was broken into this summer (sad face) I honestly dont no what I would have done without my vax....."

I have no idea if the above story is true, however body language and Joanne looking uncomfortable when telling the "story" makes me doubt it

What would she have done without her Vax? She could have used her/her Mum’s : -

Bissell
Beko
Bosch
Hoover
Polti
Beldray
Tefal
Monster
AEG

Those two women have got more Vacuum Cleaners than Argos, in fact they’ve got more ‘effin everything than Argos :mysmilie_59:

I suspect without her vax, she would have used her hands..... like people did before portable vacs were a thing.

I suspect without her vax, she would have used her hands..... like people did before portable vacs were a thing.

Actually Mr Tom she would have used her Rug Doctor, I’d forgot to mention that.

And OK, that would be a squeeze in most Cars but Joanne’s Car is so big it can fit in a Persian Rug :mysmilie_59:

76645FE3-02C6-49F9-900D-4CFDBBC2B5EB.jpegE971D594-6C0E-4916-82CC-5226590C7B9F.jpgDA6439CF-0118-4D83-8F12-AFBA651A3172.jpgB2662A78-CF19-43D7-8401-A2C8C1685B7F.jpg

Her Mum also loves fabulift

Before she started using this spiel she regularly told us her parents were away on worldwide cruises.

I somehow doubt they love Ideals range of products.

Oh more scaremongering from Joanne "you should be aware of the dangers of surgery you really should"

thank you doctor

And now Joanne cuts right across Nikki explaining the product

Why not move her out the way so you can keep talking the whole hour? You do anyway if looks could kill there

Latest posts

Back