Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He is an ice skater who is regularly interviewed on camera as part of the show. He has VT filmed of the training rink where he is filmed talking to his partner. We know he is NOT a presenter. He couldn’t present a gift at Christmas by the look of him. What I am saying is I question why he is so feeble in front of a camera doing this while he is assured and confident speaking on a major ITV show. Confidence on camera should be transferable as long as you prep your products. Does he do this?

The £40 exercise bike with feather pedals is ‘fully loaded”according to Mason. Either that‘s fully loaded as in on to the van, or you need to be fully loaded on crystal meth when you are ordering.. That returns policy is unbelievable by the way.

When the ice skater come shopping TV presenter was trying to present pans earlier with Joe he quickly said something along the lines of "Get eh these eh pans eh cause eh your eh pans at eh home will probably have that toxic coating on them so eh buy these pans as they havent got that eh toxic coating" Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes BUT to just say things like that and move on like its nothing isnt on!

Some poor folks watching that will genuinely believe this guff and the next thing they cook could potentially kill them......Thats where it all turns serious when we have ice skaters come presenters saying stuff like that and not being held to account.

Ps I know pans have a coating etc but to make it sound that dramatic for a sale isnt right. Its 2023 jees how did we survive the real crap old days back in the day.......

The Cadbury Creme Egg croissants are done - again. The ghostly white liquid seeping out either reminds me of a recent messy suicide attempt by Casper the Friendly Ghost, or what leaked out of Ash’s face in Alien. It seems a massive missed opportunity to actually cook some healthy food to educate people further into the benefits, both health wise, and economically, of using an air fryer. But no…he decides virtually on each occasion to make this vile concoction, which is crammed full of calories. That’s if you could ever face putting it in your mouth in the first place.

Now from air fryers to ceramic heaters. The ice skater tells us we probably don’t want to turn our furnaces up too much in the cold. If I actually had a furnace I think the first thing I would do would be to throw the creme egg croissants in it and watch the flames explode from it.

When the ice skater come shopping TV presenter was trying to present pans earlier with Joe he quickly said something along the lines of "Get eh these eh pans eh cause eh your eh pans at eh home will probably have that toxic coating on them so eh buy these pans as they havent got that eh toxic coating" Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes BUT to just say things like that and move on like its nothing isnt on!

Some poor folks watching that will genuinely believe this guff and the next thing they cook could potentially kill them......Thats where it all turns serious when we have ice skaters come presenters saying stuff like that and not being held to account.

Ps I know pans have a coating etc but to make it sound that dramatic for a sale isnt right. Its 2023 jees how did we survive the real crap old days back in the day.......
Joe would have been better presenting it ,

The Cadbury Creme Egg croissants are done - again. The ghostly white liquid seeping out either reminds me of a recent messy suicide attempt by Casper the Friendly Ghost, or what leaked out of Ash’s face in Alien. It seems a massive missed opportunity to actually cook some healthy food to educate people further into the benefits, both health wise, and economically, of using an air fryer. But no…he decides virtually on each occasion to make this vile concoction, which is crammed full of calories. That’s if you could ever face putting it in your mouth in the first place.

Now from air fryers to ceramic heaters. The ice skater tells us we probably don’t want to turn our furnaces up too much in the cold. If I actually had a furnace I think the first thing I would do would be to throw the creme egg croissants in it and watch the flames explode from it.
Did the egg fall out this time

Feel a bit for this chap he is certainly showing that it isn't as easy as some including me sometimes think

I do a very small podcast with another person, before I started doing that I regularly listened to podcasts and was quite critical like anything it is a lot harder than it looks (or sounds)

That said it probably isn't ideal to do a show with so many differing products. from air fryers to heaters for someone clearly finding their feet

I think most of us put in that position would struggle to be honest. I mean.. there is only so much you can say about an air fryer, about a vacuum cleaner, about an air dehumidifier and so on. They are extremely annoying and usually full of questionable facts, but what you do have to admire in the shopping television presenter animal is the ones who have the ability to continue to talk and make that look like it’s coming naturally to them. As I said earlier, when you see somebody who can’t do that, the whole spell is broken and both guests with that person and the viewers watching become ill at ease and uncomfortable, anticipating the next stumble or mistakes. It just doesn’t work.

Again I will say what are the producers/directors doing here? Hell make up some fake emails if you have to from some fans of his saying how well he is doing, do something.

Then again if presenters were owed money you can be sure background staff has been through all of that as well so maybe the inclination to go above and beyond has long gone.

I think Ideal is a tricky platform to start on as a presenter, where is the viewer interaction? I fairly regularly hear them asking for emails I very rarely see them being read out or responded to. Maybe the loyal customer is sick of sending them in and them not even being acknowledged.

i guess he is on like cover duty presenter, why not just let Joe Present

Why put the guy on during the prime hours, This morning Dean Wilson was on, surely this guy would have been better on in the morning, than in the evening

All makes sense, again if you are trying to streamline things/make the company have any hope of being profitable by paying 2 wages for this show where you have an experienced presenter who has guested on thousands of these types of shows as one of the duo makes no sense.

They appear to be trying to copy QVC in bringing in younger more trendy looking people to present the shows. The only trouble is these younger more trendy looking people are presenting the same dull and boring products, just like the older presenters are doing. At least Mason appears in touch with his younger, trendier, more feminine side - heralding it as ‘National Woman Day’ earlier. Oh God… Talking of people who can talk for England…here is Pis..Pint Pot fresh from the car park. Time to switch off..

Jazzydrury I agree with what you said earlier Joe should have just done the show himself and he almost did for the last 20 mins of the hour

They appear to be trying to copy QVC in bringing in younger more trendy looking people to present the shows. The only trouble is these younger more trendy looking people are presenting the same dull and boring products, just like the older presenters are doing. At least Mason appears in touch with his younger, trendier, more feminine side - heralding it as ‘National Woman Day’ earlier. Oh God… Talking of people who can talk for England…here is Pis..Pint Pot fresh from the car park. Time to switch off..

You could bring back a collection of the deemed greatest shopping tv presenters from the past 25 years and it would be a struggle with this product line up. I do not watch much QVC at all but I wouldn't argue that most of the presenters I have seen there could do any better than some of the newer ones Ideal have used

Does Mason want a medal? For negotiating a cheap jacket that looks worth about 20 quid to be sold for 20 quid. You couldn’t make it up..
Mason saying something about ‘brand new launched stock’ 💩 just prior to a close up on the label so he could talk about the returns policy where ( I suspect unbeknown to him) a white £ 43 price sticker was on it. Never ever seen £89.99 in its life they’ve probably bought a job lot from a discount retail outlet that couldn’t shift em at £43 all winter.

Latest posts

Back