Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Exactly as Hammy says, it’s a 2196 (G) I think. They look pretty enough but of course none of the engraving on the movement is actual engraving- the parts are just stamped that way. We’d never repair one because a new movement (or probably a new watch) is so much cheaper than the time to repair- even if the parts were easier to get. That’s one of the reasons I find the IW line about handing them down to family to be so disingenuous.
I did dismantle one one, though - it was the first time I ever saw a watch mechanism with shims in it!!

I can think of loads of watches on IW that wouldn't be worth repairing or handing down to family, if they stopped working it's the bin.

The only brands currently on IW i would even contemplate getting repaired or even handing down are VE, Aviator, Mathey-Tissot, Traser, Swiss Military, Roamer, Solar Aqua, the rest, apart from an odd special, would be a bin job if they broke down and i certainly wouldn't be passing the crap to family. :ROFLMAO:

It actually quite hard to get a swatch group entry level watch that DOESN’T use the Powermatic 80. Sadly for me actually because we just send them to Swatch to swap the movements out when they need a service, rather than doing them ourselves.

It makes you wonder how much Kevski actually knows about watchmaking at all….

Using a favourite IW phrase, "I truly believe" that Kevski's only real experience with watches has been through his connection (approx 7/8 years) with IW, and even then he hasn't learned that much. His knowledge is limited too info he's sent from the brands he's dealing with period, he really has very little knowledge of the wider watch industry.

PS

I've 4 "never heard off by keviski" powermatic 8o watches

Tissot Seastar 1000
Tissot Ballade Cosc
Certina DS Action Day/Date
Certina DS PH200M

Its Saturday night so let bullsh1te be turned up higher than ever!

Dean is flogging a F1 remote control car for £31.99, its a bundle of plastic no doubt made in the far east.....Dean says "this COULD become a collectors item" Yeah Dean it could.......then again it probably wont!

Oh Dean is on a roll here talking as if they have a real F1 car in the studio....

Its Saturday night so let bullsh1te be turned up higher than ever!

Dean is flogging a F1 remote control car for £31.99, its a bundle of plastic no doubt made in the far east.....Dean says "this COULD become a collectors item" Yeah Dean it could.......then again it probably wont!

Oh Dean is on a roll here talking as if they have a real F1 car in the studio....
I would buy one but I’d be scared you couldn’t find the bits if they break then it’s £31.99 down the toilet

Alex Knowles is now saying ooh it’s a collectors item no it’s not, you don’t get any documentation

Many presenters on shopping television are incredibly irritating, but they nevertheless have a watchable awfulness factor. The faux James Corden, on the other hand, is so incredibly obnoxious to the point of being unwatchable. Never have I, in my more than 20 years of laughing at shopping television, seen a presenter so proud of himself without giving any obvious justification for his feelings. In the worst way, he prevents me from enjoying something that might otherwise be entertaining to see. Just disgusting.
can you tell me (new to this Forum, loving it) who is the presenter you call the faux James Corden

"Deano" really knows how to pitch himself in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis

Constant me me me feeding his fragile ego

"I have spent £300 on a coat"

"I do have a nice car"

Various other examples

No problem with any of that but don't pretend you have any idea about the realities of life, get the impression he still thinks he is better
than presenting on Ideal

Don't then

"Deano" really knows how to pitch himself in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis

Constant me me me feeding his fragile ego

"I have spent £300 on a coat"

"I do have a nice car"

Various other examples

No problem with any of that but don't pretend you have any idea about the realities of life, get the impression he still thinks he is better
than presenting on Ideal

Don't then
Hes been hanging around since QVC Began He is never like this on Craft hard to make out

Hes been hanging around since QVC Began He is never like this on Craft hard to make out
I haven't seen Dean Wilson on the current C&C channel, but IMO he was unwatchable on the IW owned version.

He was more interested in messing about and making everything about him than running a proper show. And from what I have read on this forum his joking at times made Dirty Peter Simon's single entendres look like sonnets by Shakespeare.

Dean: Super Steve - what do you think of these wonderful £29.99 boots, Super Steve?
Super Steve: Super Super Great… Super Comfortable..Super Stylish..Supercalifragilisticexpaludocious..
Dean: No…We want Super Honesty on Here…
Super Steve: Okay they’re Super Sh….

Super average prices, too. Same as Sports Indirect..

First two storm watches Peter says they're brand new, you're first to see and first to own blah blah.

First one has been on sale at Amazon since Feb 2021

Second one has been on sale at Amazon since April last year.

Yeah Peter, definitely brand new. :ROFLMAO:

The female watch ‘expert’ (has she got the same surname as Upside Down Head Two?) is another hit by the IW watch expert taking the pis…altered state urine virus.. IP Black, she states…Simon Peters with medical problems at the behind end of the front privates today in overfilled septic tank mode once…

Latest posts

Back