Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wise words and as someone who has plantar fasciitis in my feet it is pretty grim, mine i suspect through a lot of 5 a side football on concrete pitches and circuit training, again on hard floors. I probably couldn't run to the end of the street these days even with my £250 inner soles, but make up for it with cycling and rowing.

Any trainers I've seen on ideal world are crap for anyone seriously interested in running by the way.
Used to play indoor 5 a sides a lot, rather than feet injuries my injuries we're mostly to hips and elbows, downside of being a keeper.

Agree about trainers on IW, most of them are really just fashion focused casual trainers/shoes, unsuitable for not just running but many sports.

Turned over and it’s LAB time, full of funny looking machines, with LED Lights which are meant to do stuff what a load of poopy doopy

As far as i can see, all LAB are doing is taking existing ideas/products/technology etc and copying them, they're not actually inventing anything themselves, most of the stuff they are coming out with has been in the market already for years.

I have had more falls out dog walking wearing Skechers than any other make of walking shoes. Comfortable enough, but in wet conditions, very poor grip.

They have the Earnshaw Babbage watch tonight, the one with the PTS Resources extended power reserve movement that Kevski doesn't know exists, evident from his sales patter he was using trying to flog the Mathey-Tissot watch, claiming he'd never seen or heard of a watch movement with such a long power reseve, he was totally oblivious to the fact that the Mathey-Tissot was using a customised version (Chinese movement in parts shipped to and assembled in Switzerland to qualify as Swiss Made) of the same movement found in the Chinese made Earnshaw watch.

Oh Earnshaw Swiss Movement watch, remember according to Kevski, unless it says Swiss made it means nothing, actually in this instance i agree with him.
Given it's a Ronda R150 movement, then it could quite easily have been assemble by Ronda in Hong Kong, who are approx 3 miles (as the crow flies) from Solar Time in Hong Kong.;)

Alfred Waterhouse, there. He was a famous artist, there. I'm wrong, there. He was a famous architect, there.There...There.. There...

Just switched on and thank goodness, those three heavy duty green gardening sacks I thought I’d lost - there they are. Being worn at a jaunty angle by the short juvenile presenter who swallowed a scratched Linguaphone LP on repeat. Gardening bags, or with a dual purpose as potato sacks. Buy two, she says. Yes…two…one for your hedge cuttings and one for your Albert Bartletts..

Just switched on and thank goodness, those three heavy duty green gardening sacks I thought I’d lost - there they are. Being worn at a jaunty angle by the short juvenile presenter who swallowed a scratched Linguaphone LP on repeat. Gardening bags, or with a dual purpose as potato sacks. Buy two, she says. Yes…two…one for your hedge cuttings and one for your Albert Bartletts..
She’s getting on for being 30. But when you are older, people you think are young, aren’t as young as you think

Rock Star Alert!! It’s the Masterchef winner nobody remembers - ROCK STAR!! Winner from 2007, apparently. More like a country curate than a rock star. Was Loyd Grossman presenting it back 2007 still?

As a watch show is on, just thought i would give a positive comment on one of the brands i've slagged off for ages. :eek:

Okay, now although their watches are still crap and their representative, Boydell is one of the worst guests i've seen, i'll give them credit where credit is due, after looking through the descriptions on the IW web site for the Resultco brands they now list & name the movements in all their watches, even the Chinese movements are named. So well done Resultco. 👏 Still wouldn't buy the crap like. ;)

Just watching gardening shows just in case there is something i want but am always amazed at that reg varney look alike i wish someone would tell him to stop making stupid noises firsts its foghorns then woohoos i'm not sure he is on same planet as rest of us

Just watching gardening shows just in case there is something i want but am always amazed at that reg varney look alike i wish someone would tell him to stop making stupid noises firsts its foghorns then woohoos i'm not sure he is on same planet as rest of us

Ego, like a lot of IW staff he wants to be the center of attention and for some strange reason seems to think acting like an idiot will work. ;)

Also when he says that they are celebrating 15 years working with Garden Bargains that's a load of garbage, Garden Bargains is Ideal World, it's just an Ideal World web site, they don't supply anything and certainly don't own a nursery, they just take orders and It's You Gardens Ltd that has the nursery and supplies all the gardening stuff. The Garden Bargains web site is almost an exact copy of the You Garden's site, with some cosmetic differences, and even claiming they have their own nursery, which is rubbish. Why they are doing all this subterfuge as to who they are working with and who is supplying the plants i do not know. When you see or hear about the guy Peter McDermott, the inference is always that he from Garden Bargains, but he ain't, he's one of the Directors of You Gardens, he doesn't work for IW or their Garden Bargains web site.

For the Swan & Edgar landfill: "Not only of horologies of design and standards" according to Simon Peters (incidentally there's no such word as 'horologies'), although he's now pronouncing the word 'hybrid' correctly sorry he's just said 'hybread' again. And again.

Latest posts

Back