Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anybody is suffering from withdrawals caused by the absence of IW's World famous watch shows, never fear TJC are providing a show, Wed 7-9pm, which is promised to equal the high ethical standards set by those IW's World famous watch shows, featuring top quality luxury watches from Gamages of London, supplied by one of IW most trusted, honest and highly skilled fourth gen watchmakers, Fields Luxury LTD.

As was customary with the many Swan & Edgar shows on IW, an evening of bullshit, lies & general bastardisation of horology is guaranteed.

I personally can't wait, was afraid that the luxury cheap Chinese junk shows were lost for good. ;)

Indeed TJC at this very moment looks uncannily like Ideal World apart from the better presenters and presentation, but that may not last forever of course.

And looking at TJC right now, why didn't IW ever use their backdrop TV screen to show a rolling presentation of the current product as what TJC is doing now with their air fryer? Or maybe IW used to but they stopped for some reason?

If anybody is suffering from withdrawals caused by the absence of IW's World famous watch shows, never fear TJC are providing a show, Wed 7-9pm, which is promised to equal the high ethical standards set by those IW's World famous watch shows, featuring top quality luxury watches from Gamages of London, supplied by one of IW most trusted, honest and highly skilled fourth gen watchmakers, Fields Luxury LTD.

As was customary with the many Swan & Edgar shows on IW, an evening of bullshit, lies & general bastardisation of horology is guaranteed.

I personally can't wait, was afraid that the luxury cheap Chinese junk shows were lost for good. ;)
Wonder if TJC will take up the void left by IW and take on some of the IW watch brands🤔😀 These brands must have lost a good out let for their tat I, mean products🤔🤣

Wonder if TJC will take up the void left by IW and take on some of the IW watch brands🤔😀 These brands must have lost a good out let for their tat I, mean products🤔🤣
When I've looked in the past, the Gamages watches on TJC look a lot like the type and style of the Swan & Edgar lines from IW.

Presumably using the same Chinese SolarTime manufacturer for their custom models.

Gamages - not a great name brand, too much like damages.

Swan & Edgar - resurrected brand name of an old department store in London, re-applied to watches. But the graphic Swan and Bulldog in bowler hat rebranded logo is awful and does nothing for the heritage. Not that there is any, made in China models.

Looking at the last TJC's accounts last Dec they were doing well, made a very decent profit, so they may be thinking we don't need IW's cast offs, we're ok as is. Although if i was TJC i would look to dump any existing Chinese junk brands (Gamages) and maybe try and attract one or two of the decent watchmaking brands (Swiss Military, Roamer) or even one or two of the fashion brands (Police, Timberland) from the late IW's stable.

They already do Christophe Duchamp, and of course Swan & Edgar sister brand Gamages, so maybe Swan & Edgar and Anthony James may appear, but can't see many of the others appearing.

I wonder if Kevski will call it a day and help his son with his business, which seems to be doing ok, he sells all the same watches plus accessories (straps, bracelets etc), has his own web and is on ebay & Amazon.

The brands (Swiss Military, Police, Timberland etc) 'All 4 corners of the globe' distributes already are well distributed/established among various online and high street retailers.

Hopefully it's the last we've seen of Bordell on our screens, he was one of the, if not the worst on IW.

When I've looked in the past, the Gamages watches on TJC look a lot like the type and style of the Swan & Edgar lines from IW.

Presumably using the same Chinese SolarTime manufacturer for their custom models.

Gamages - not a great name brand, too much like damages.

Swan & Edgar - resurrected brand name of an old department store in London, re-applied to watches. But the graphic Swan and Bulldog in bowler hat rebranded logo is awful and does nothing for the heritage. Not that there is any, made in China models.

Same company same watches, they just call them different names for basically the same watches, Anthony James watches are also part of the same company although they're even cheaper Chinese junk.

As a Create and Craft viewer that worry’s me, If he feels sorry for the staff, how many of them is he going to give a job to at Create and Craft, two presenters have recently left

Dean is on air on Create and Craft at 10am, be interesting if he says anything

Considering he's been hired to do a presenting job for a different company on a different channel then he really should be keeping his mouth shut, he's there working as a presenter on Create and Craft, it is not the place & time where he should be airing any of his personnel opinions on another TV shopping channel, if he does then i would hope the Create & Craft bosses tell him his services are no longer required.

Yes, all the ones you mentioned were on in final week.

D'you think there's a pattern?! 🤪 Cause and effect!

No doubt they'll appear elsewhere and put the voodoo on them too. 😕

It was morphing more and more into Bid when I used to still check it out, decent Ideal World presenters left and were replaced with schysters like Mason, Simon and Jaxx. The awful Genevieve and her dreadful husband who was seemingly an "expert" on everything. I know he was never the most popular on here but I did think that "Pocket Sized" Mark Ryes was a good presenter.

Hopefully, it's the last we see of most of these when it comes to Shopping TV (I can't see Mason and Jaxx's style being suitable for QVC) but like the unflushable turd, I'm sure they'll show up somewhere else soon.

Those presenters really were the pits, pretty much every single one, bar a couple. its no wonder its gone down the pan, and having thought about it i hope its for good, it needed a massive reset.

It was morphing more and more into Bid when I used to still check it out, decent Ideal World presenters left and were replaced with schysters like Mason, Simon and Jaxx. The awful Genevieve and her dreadful husband who was seemingly an "expert" on everything. I know he was never the most popular on here but I did think that "Pocket Sized" Mark Ryes was a good presenter.

Hopefully, it's the last we see of most of these when it comes to Shopping TV (I can't see Mason and Jaxx's style being suitable for QVC) but like the unflushable turd, I'm sure they'll show up somewhere else soon.
Wasn’t there a stage when they moved a lot of the better presenters from Ideal World to Create and Craft

Martyn Parker
Nigel May
Loen Love
Andy Love

And then replaced them with the old Bid team

I think that group are toxic (the ex-Bid..now ex-Ideal World cabal)..They turned the mood of the place like milk when they arrived in 2014, was it? Not one had a pleasing sales technique. Pushy, gormless and loud. I hope they don‘t ever show their slimy faces on shopping television again.

I've not been too well lately, not watched much TV and not read this forum for a few weeks. A lot has been happening in my absence, took me ages to go through the many pages on here.

I know we've all said for a while that the channel can't last much longer but from reading everything on here it was getting much more desperate over the last couple of weeks.

I feel for people who bought anything expensive, I know if you pay by credit card it's supposed to be safer if things go wrong.

If it is all over, I wonder where the presenters will end up next? People on here have suggested Peter Simon may/should retire, I was shocked to read he is only 5 years older than me, he looks a lot older and I have a chronic health condition. Can't imagine that he has made a fortune over the years or has a large private pension (that sounds rude but wasn't meant to be!). Maybe Las Vegas will hear that's he's available and snap him up (clearly I'm not recovered yet and as I am clearly delusional...)

Latest posts

Back