Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it interesting that Paul B isn't back (not yet anyway) however he seems to be concentrating more on his wellness stuff so I suppose it depends how well that's going. Not sure where he's based in relation to the TJC/IW studios i.e. maybe too far a commute?

As for Shaun and Haley and Den, I wonder if it was a distance thing for them or maybe just not offered any work by TJC/IW? Maybe burnt their bridges by doing Shop Extra and the things they said, even though the revived IW has little to do with its predecessor. All jokes aside, surely Den must be near the age of calling it a day anyway? Maybe when Shop Extra failed she thought 'ok, that's enough for me.'

We’ve seen comparable plastic bags online for several thousand pounds more…

IMG_1615.jpeg

I would have thought with this fresh start that there would have been an opportunity for tjc/ideal world to have an actual fresh start, but all I see is the same old faces,the same old ( mainly tjc) products and the same old sales tactics.
It surely doesn't take much research - they could check this forum ! - to see which presenters are liked / disliked, the quality & type of products people actually want to buy and whether shoppers prefer to see an informed, factual presentation or the silly sales tricks and the shouty pantomime behaviour.
For me, ideal world is currently missing the mark entirely ;
The most pushy presenters -that frankly make me switch over,
Mainly mysterious branded tat which is peddled as luxury or brands or items at such uncompetitive prices I really am wondering what tjc/ ideal world are trying to achieve ?

I find it interesting that Paul B isn't back (not yet anyway) however he seems to be concentrating more on his wellness stuff so I suppose it depends how well that's going. Not sure where he's based in relation to the TJC/IW studios i.e. maybe too far a commute?

As for Shaun and Haley and Den, I wonder if it was a distance thing for them or maybe just not offered any work by TJC/IW? Maybe burnt their bridges by doing Shop Extra and the things they said, even though the revived IW has little to do with its predecessor. All jokes aside, surely Den must be near the age of calling it a day anyway? Maybe when Shop Extra failed she thought 'ok, that's enough for me.'
I did some further digging. Typed Dennice Robinson into Instagram lol. And found this little statement

Attachments

• Dennnnnnnn.jpg
    Dennnnnnnn.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 90
Maybe Mrs. Robinson has finally decided to retire? Never liked her style of selling or how she came over on air generally. That's not to say she was not a nice person behind the scenes. I do think she should have had an opportunity to say goodbye on air. Just so we could have all cheered her off. She did give nearly 23 years of sterling service to going through the motions of buying on air items she was presenting. And for that she deserves a massive £9.99 medal.. Other comparable medals are available for thousands more.

Latest posts

Back