Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Going on again about the socks helping to heal diabetic wounds. This is totally untrue. Anybody with these type of wounds would not be allowed to wear the socks directly against the skin. I've had quite a few of those injuries, and have to have them dressed regularly.
They get away with it by saying MAY help

Dr. Simon may cure you. No, Dr. Simon WILL cure you. No..these £2 a pair socks Will cure diabetic circulation problems. Er.. They may cure circulation problems. This medicine wagon wants shifting to the next outpost before the natives at this one have tried out these miracle cures and potions and want to find the good Doctor again to give him a piece of their minds. What a way to eke out your stipend…It’s not only the static and the impregnated ladies who Will need these..Erm..May need them.

Just stick him on Oxford Street with three tumblers, some dice, a couple of lookouts, and an open suitcase of these socks. He’d probably bring in more money.

It’s an interesting and a questionable technique…You first say something WILL help to set the seed of belief. And then immediately after it, you say it MAY help. Simon is doing it numerous times with these wretched socks. And still he doesn’t sell any?

His archaic ‘comic’ patter is completely unacceptable nowadays. Similar to watching Mind Your Language or The Comedians today. There is no way he would get anywhere near mainstream programming these days or this century to date. Which probably explains why he is sniggering away to himself, trying to flog cheap socks on a shopping channel.

In discovering this channel, I feel as though I’ve stumbled upon a combination of Vic & Bob’s Big Night Out and The Twilight Zone. I honestly can’t believe this codswallop exists! Its market-stall tat meets hallucinogenic drugs meets A.S.A-skirting hard sell.
I can’t take my eyes off it…for all the wrong reasons.

In discovering this channel, I feel as though I’ve stumbled upon a combination of Vic & Bob’s Big Night Out and The Twilight Zone. I honestly can’t believe this codswallop exists! Its market-stall tat meets hallucinogenic drugs meets A.S.A-skirting hard sell.
I can’t take my eyes off it…for all the wrong reasons.
Welcome to our club!

Latest posts

Back