Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone know when Peter Simon is due back on air? I saw him briefly yesterday and was shocked by his appearance. I initially thought he’d had some sort of botched ‘treatment’ but, as time went on, began to think he’d been involved in an accident. Either way, I was strangely fascinated/horrified…and remain VERY curious 🧐

Is this Opatra stuff really sold at Harrods as she regularly says it is? I can never find their goods on the Harrods website?

I touched on this a few months back — the short answer is yes, it is.

Sounds really prestigious, doesn't it?

I mean, if Harrods sell Opatra devices they must be good.

Only…

Turns out that getting stocked in Harrods isn't difficult.

In fact, a few of the UK business forums recommend new businesses approach Harrods' buying team with a juicy offer. The store like a 100% markup but won't, for most things, actually "buy" stock (they stock it but if it doesn't sell they return it to you).

You give them an attractive offer that lets them keep the majority of the profits from each sale (if they ever actually make one at those ludicrous RRPs 🤭) even if it means you only break even — and bam, you're in!

Sounds like a bad deal for businesses - so why do it?

Cos according to the same business forums, the sheer volume of sales the buyer is able to generate when selling outside of Harrods by virtue of being able to say "this is also stocked at Harrods" is massive.

Gullibility is currency, after all.

If Opatra can sell a £2k light tunnel (for example) at £249 on IW and still make a sizeable margin for both them AND IW/TJC, imagine how much profit Harrods would get if they sell just ONE Opatra device at their RRP — especially if Opatra has done one of these "break even for the clout factor" deals.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when Peter Simon is due back on air? I saw him briefly yesterday and was shocked by his appearance. I initially thought he’d had some sort of botched ‘treatment’ but, as time went on, began to think he’d been involved in an accident. Either way, I was strangely fascinated/horrified…and remain VERY curious 🧐
Should be 6pm

I would love to know what volume of sales constitutes something ‘flying out the door’? Accordingly to Genevieve EVERYTHING seems to do it!
When I first stumbled onto the I.W channel, I was strangely captivated/amused by their relentless sales b*llsh*t. The more I see of it, I find their blatant exaggeration quite vile.

I am fascinated to hear what type of accident you think he has had, which made his eyebrows look like Ming the Merciless, and made his eyes look further apart than they were earlier in the week. From what I can see, the only accident was a botched non-surgical procedure.

I am fascinated to hear what type of accident you think he has had, which made his eyebrows look like Ming the Merciless, and made his eyes look further apart than they were earlier in the week. From what I can see, the only accident was a botched non-surgical procedure.
He could use his 30 day money back guarantee lol

Latest posts

Back