Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Covertly watching Mason while partner sits in the sun. I definitely need help. Watch out...she has caught me and is not impressed...Why I am I watching Right Said Fred, she asks?
He said a few weeks back (to paraphrase) that he wouldn't be seen dead doing Saturday mornings. Yet ever since that special celebration that we all thought was going to be the new studios, where he was in in a Saturday, he has been presenting numerous Saturdays! I do remember at the time, he read out a message from the 'viewer' saying he was fantastic and should do more Saturdays, but I wonder what changed?

He said a few weeks back (to paraphrase) that he wouldn't be seen dead doing Saturday mornings. Yet ever since that special celebration that we all thought was going to be the new studios, where he was in in a Saturday, he has been presenting numerous Saturdays! I do remember at the time, he read out a message from the 'viewer' saying he was fantastic and should do more Saturdays, but I wonder what changed?
Think he’s done every Saturday since

It's only a month or so ago since he said he feels the cold, and goes to bed with a hot water bottle wearing a wooly hat. Now he reckons he wakes up in a pool of sweat. He must think we have short memories, or he is just a big fat liar.
When you think of infomercials, they'll work on the premise of people dipping in and out, happening across the ad and having an impulse buy, that sort of thing. So they work on a sort of loop/repeat approach. However from the bits I've seen over the years, infomercials seem to be quite structured with their scripts i.e. what the presenters are saying. No talking off-topic.

To an extent, selly telly is the same in that they'll work on the same premise of people dipping in, happening across, having an impulse buy. However where they differ from infomercials is the presenters do talk off-topic, fine, it's not the same sort of production. However couple this with the fact some people watch selly telly on a regular-ish basis and any discrepancies in their waffle will be picked up. As is often highlighted here.

They would get away with it more if the high majority of their viewers only watched very occasionally and only for a few mins at a time. However that's not the case with selly telly when compared to infomercials.

Good Afternoon, Dr. Edwards here…Now…look at me wearing these wonderful £29.99 Foster Grant sunglasses with a free Old Spice watch…I look like a what?? A Coc….Oh…a Rock Star…Thank you, Stevie W…in the good old USA…(catches a side angle and runs his fingers through his hair..)…I’m a cun…says Bertha??? Oh…worth a punt….I see, guys…A price comparison…IMMEDIATELY you bast….£5999 Solid gold version with a free Rolex, guys…You are saving £5970….Now…these marvellous £9.99 portable Bluetooth wireless personality finders…Not working here for me…GALLERY….DO SOMETHING….NOW….

When you think of infomercials, they'll work on the premise of people dipping in and out, happening across the ad and having an impulse buy, that sort of thing. So they work on a sort of loop/repeat approach. However from the bits I've seen over the years, infomercials seem to be quite structured with their scripts i.e. what the presenters are saying. No talking off-topic.

To an extent, selly telly is the same in that they'll work on the same premise of people dipping in, happening across, having an impulse buy. However where they differ from infomercials is the presenters do talk off-topic, fine, it's not the same sort of production. However couple this with the fact some people watch selly telly on a regular-ish basis and any discrepancies in their waffle will be picked up. As is often highlighted here.

They would get away with it more if the high majority of their viewers only watched very occasionally and only for a few mins at a time. However that's not the case with selly telly when compared to infomercials.
The amusing thing is that the presenters and production teams are very aware that they have regular viewers (Well, perhaps not IW3. Except for the imaginary ones that Pervy Pete always refers to). You often get QVC and Gemporia presenters talking talking about, or reading texts from their regulars.

It's just that some of the less... Consistent examples will happily acknowledge that they have regular viewers, but then behave as if they don't buy spewing the widely varying stories and utilising inconsistent ruses.

Unfortunately, many people don't appear to pick up on that, or question it if they do. And continue throwing good money after bad buying cheap, low quality tat from the chancers (sorry, "friends and pals") on their tellyboxes

Latest posts

Back