Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm watching a repeated Constant Invites watch show. PS and the woman 'expert'.No surprise it's :-
a)busy b)'bespote' c)bejewelled d) award winning e)expensive f)attracting 'collectors' g) unknown

I'm not sure just how old the show is ,but I'm sure PS has more hair than now.He also says snow is falling outside.

I'm watching a repeated Constant Invites watch show. PS and the woman 'expert'.No surprise it's :-
a)busy b)'bespote' c)bejewelled d) award winning e)expensive f)attracting 'collectors' g) unknown

I'm not sure just how old the show is ,but I'm sure PS has more hair than now.He also says snow is falling outside.

He must have invented a new word "bespote", I know a word "bespoke". Why does he think we would buy from someone so stupid?

Oh Muttley, this made me laugh out loud! I was in hospital for 5 days over the summer and I can SO echo what you've said (except for the food, because I was lucky and it was excellent in the hospital I was in). In 5 days, I estimate I got about 2 hours sleep in total at night and no chance of a kip during the day. I would willingly have mugged a surgeon for a scalpel if anyone had brought those lights into my ward, and a stethoscope would have been inserted somewhere extremely painful! I would have been taken out in handcuffs.

The food did improve when they moved me to a different hospital to have the op and I was in the private wing! Only because there were spare rooms and I could get in and out quicker. The service was like a hotel!!!!! And I got some sleep!!!!!!

But had you been arrested for assault with a stethoscope I would have spoken up for you as your Defence witness!!!

He must have invented a new word "bespote", I know a word "bespoke". Why does he think we would buy from someone so stupid?

Why can't he say words properly? The 'strite' hair brush, hair 'strighteners'.........what would he say for a stray dog, a 'stri' dog?

He's down for doing voiceovers but he can't say the words!

Muttley, glad your experience had its good side - especially being able to sleep. Hospitals all over the country are now on Alert in case anyone follows Barra Boy's "advice" and brings their blurdy lights into a ward to cheer up(?) a patient. I'd say if you can be cheered up by flaming IW lumio lights you shouldn't be in a hospital in the first place. Thanks for your offer to be my Defence witness - I was going to plead extreme provocation, confident there's not a jury in the land that would convict me. I'd already planned to sell my story to one of the papers - "How lumio lights made me turn into The Incredible Hulk - shocking revelations".

The food did improve when they moved me to a different hospital to have the op and I was in the private wing! Only because there were spare rooms and I could get in and out quicker. The service was like a hotel!!!!! And I got some sleep!!!!!!

But had you been arrested for assault with a stethoscope I would have spoken up for you as your Defence witness!!!

Wasn't there a sports commentator years ago who used to keep saying "oh, I say!"? The other night, Pope Pete was continually saying this, and of course the obligatory "will you look at this!" (to which my answer was: "no, I won't" - and to turn over).

Why can't he say words properly? The 'strite' hair brush, hair 'strighteners'.........what would he say for a stray dog, a 'stri' dog?

He's down for doing voiceovers but he can't say the words!

Muttley, glad your experience had its good side - especially being able to sleep. Hospitals all over the country are now on Alert in case anyone follows Barra Boy's "advice" and brings their blurdy lights into a ward to cheer up(?) a patient. I'd say if you can be cheered up by flaming IW lumio lights you shouldn't be in a hospital in the first place. Thanks for your offer to be my Defence witness - I was going to plead extreme provocation, confident there's not a jury in the land that would convict me. I'd already planned to sell my story to one of the papers - "How lumio lights made me turn into The Incredible Hulk - shocking revelations".

You might make a few quid out of selling your story, think of all the luxury items you could treat yourself frm IW!

Wasn't there a sports commentator years ago who used to keep saying "oh, I say!"? The other night, Pope Pete was continually saying this, and of course the obligatory "will you look at this!" (to which my answer was: "no, I won't" - and to turn over).

Dan Maskel the tennis commentator. Glad to know Dirty Pete is trying to copy his style...

Nanty 'not being funny' Ryan is impressed with the instruction manual for the air fryer microwave as it shows that it's easy to use if there's not many instructions. He's read some reviews off the top page, which are always the best ones......not being funny but let's balance it up a bit:

I was disappointed in the appliance as it is not 'all singing all dancing' as the presentation. It is no good for cooking a family meal as everything is just so slow and lacks power. The instruction manual is extremely poor - limited advice on specific foods, i.e. the presentation mentioned cooking a cake - no mention of how to do it in the manual. The recipe book is not microwave specific - so cooking a cake, for example, would be by guess work. Using the grill to brown mashed potato on cottage pie took at least 20mins and not that effective. Very disappointed.

He's seriously tempted to buy his Mother one :mysmilie_51:

Nanty 'not being funny' Ryan is impressed with the instruction manual for the air fryer microwave as it shows that it's easy to use if there's not many instructions. He's read some reviews off the top page, which are always the best ones......not being funny but let's balance it up a bit:

I was disappointed in the appliance as it is not 'all singing all dancing' as the presentation. It is no good for cooking a family meal as everything is just so slow and lacks power. The instruction manual is extremely poor - limited advice on specific foods, i.e. the presentation mentioned cooking a cake - no mention of how to do it in the manual. The recipe book is not microwave specific - so cooking a cake, for example, would be by guess work. Using the grill to brown mashed potato on cottage pie took at least 20mins and not that effective. Very disappointed.

When the chicken came out of the Tower Air fryer, when he cut it, it looked well underdone, and red. Quickly turning the chicken away from the camera does wonders when you don't want the punters to see how under done it was. Oh and by the way, a whopping 2300 Watts. I prefer my old trusty oven. :mysmilie_59:

When the chicken came out of the Tower Air fryer, when he cut it, it looked well underdone, and red. Quickly turning the chicken away from the camera does wonders when you don't want the punters to see how under done it was. Oh and by the way, a whopping 2300 Watts. I prefer my old trusty oven. :mysmilie_59:

.......and the lamb was overdone.....but Nanty, being a 'Northern lad', likes it that way

Well ...and everyone thought he loved his mam.Why would he ever lumber her with a gadget that can't make those homebake cakes and could potentially give her food poisoning( if not careful of course).

She won't be happy I bet.

images-8.jpeg

Note :The above photo is not SR's mother and is not intended to resemble said mother.Rather is added to give an indication of how she may respond .

Last edited:
I thought I'd better warn you good people that the following item will go up in price in 30 minutes time : -

379000 Constantin Weisz Watch with FREE 10 Slot Box £149.99 & £8.99 P&P (will go up to £199.99). So, don't forget, it's the last chance to get it at this great price.

Please note that Caroline Garrard says this Watch has some similar design features to Longines, IWC and Patek Philippe :mysmilie_59:

Well they are high end after all. Probably very rare, precious and should be insured.

Funny thing is though, yesterday they all had sapphire crystals, today they are mineral crystals. It's strange how specifications change from one day to the other!

I thought I'd better warn you good people that the following item will go up in price in 30 minutes time : -

379000 Constantin Weisz Watch with FREE 10 Slot Box £149.99 & £8.99 P&P (will go up to £199.99). So, don't forget, it's the last chance to get it at this great price.

Please note that Caroline Garrard says this Watch has some similar design features to Longines, IWC and Patek Philippe :mysmilie_59:

What would that be - Hands, a dial, a strap?

This pifco deal is good price wise especially the one that values the pifco window vac at a tenner which has good reviews

The problem is the vacuum is shocking the reviews are 3 star average and even on the demos it doesn't pick a lot up.

Of course this is a time limited offer sure it will be back mind

Latest posts

Back