Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watched that ex marine bloke break a ratchet screwdriver while demonstrating the power of it to Peter Simon. Did they admit it broke? Nah, they tried to make a joke of it and imply he had fiddled with it so that when Simon tried it, it didn't work properly :/

Flimsy shitty product.

Just watched that ex marine bloke break a ratchet screwdriver while demonstrating the power of it to Peter Simon. Did they admit it broke? Nah, they tried to make a joke of it and imply he had fiddled with it so that when Simon tried it, it didn't work properly :/

This was so funny Ha Ha :mysmilie_15: Maybe YMCA Daddy Lloyd is clumsy?

It's called My T Driver, Dirty Peter called it the Mighty T Driver. I have to say it didn't look so mighty.

Unsurprisingly there's no sign of the breakage on the website video, in fact there's only a 2 minute video and much of that is for Spray and Leave and Gardening products.

I think Dirty Peter said this product is 'world famous' but there's not a great deal of information that I could find. I did find one review which said : -

'We think it's a nice idea and hopefully, the screwdriver can hold up to the additional strain'. The demo would appear to answer this question.

It costs £23 all in. Is it even worth the delivery charge? :mysmilie_59:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2010/05/melco_direct_my_t_driver.php

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/my-t-driver-revolutionary-screwdriver-378327?icn=My-T-Driver-Revolutionary-screwdriver-homepage-mini-1&ici=homepage_Mini_1

IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0293.jpg

Still "allocating", still "Never will be this price again"/"Get on the phones" (both said by Kevski), etc.; still Peter talking all over Kevski and Peter telling viewers that he doesn't want collectors to buy them all.

Same as usual :mysmilie_59:

A little different in that Kev didn't say that the price is wrong but he seemed a tad miffed that there was a multi tool given with one of the watches, as in 'I don't know why we're including one of those as well' complete with shaking of the head and his best puzzled look.

Poo Poo Howard selling fruit trees and other garden products: "If you've recently lost a family member"..."planting a tree is a great way to remember them"...

Subtlety isn't exactly a strong point when it comes to his sales pitches :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo Howard selling fruit trees and other garden products: "If you've recently lost a family member"..."planting a tree is a great way to remember them"...

Subtlety isn't exactly a strong point when it comes to his sales pitches :mysmilie_59:

A dire man.

A dire man.

They really are sinking to the depths now aren't they Greg? It's surely not long before they expire, it's glaringly obvious now.

You can tell as well from this forum, it's mostly quiet. A few posts each day at most but look at the QVC forum which always was busier of course but it's as dead as dodo on here now.

I'd give Ideal World a year at most, and the way it's gone good riddance, it's appalling :mysmilie_59:

watching garden show and fed up listening to the presenter dont know her name giving her life story her gran her partner laurence where she lives near walthenstow etc i dont care just keep saying wow now and again thats in keeping with hayley i luuuuuuuuuve everything green.

A little different in that Kev didn't say that the price is wrong but he seemed a tad miffed that there was a multi tool given with one of the watches, as in 'I don't know why we're including one of those as well' complete with shaking of the head and his best puzzled look.

You'd have thought Kevinski would have lost faith in Ideal World by now, given all the repeated mistakes. They're either selling his watches at a lower price than intended, or they're bundling items that he hadn't included. The only other explanation is that it's a scam, although I find that very hard to believe.

We're talking about a world class horologist here, and a man who prides himself on offering amazing discounts. When I hear him say, "It's a steal", or he urges viewers to NOT check prices on the net, I just know that he is acting with complete integrity. With such incredible prices, combined with Ideal's costly blunders, how he makes any money from this venture will have to remain one of the greatest retail mysteries of our time:mysmilie_59:

Quite awful is Shaun.However,if I was to plant a tree in memory of a loved one ,the last thing I would do is purchase from shopping tv . I'd go out and choose a strong reliable tree that wouldn't croak after a few weeks.

Last edited:
You'd have thought Kevinski would have lost faith in Ideal World by now, given all the repeated mistakes. They're either selling his watches at a lower price than intended, or they're bundling items that he hadn't included. The only other explanation is that it's a scam, although I find that very hard to believe.

We're talking about a world class horologist here, and a man who prides himself on offering amazing discounts. When I hear him say, "It's a steal", or he urges viewers to NOT check prices on the net, I just know that he is acting with complete integrity. With such incredible prices, combined with Ideal's costly blunders, how he makes any money from this venture will have to remain one of the greatest retail mysteries of our time:mysmilie_59:

He does make mistakes himself stockwise, quite often. He orders not enough on many occassion and I'm sure he could kick himself as he has to go to the 'back of the queue' every time he needs more. Silly Kev.

I did learn this time that he's a 'white dial man', he said. I must admit part of me thought it was because the black option was on the verge of limited stock. I wondered why I'd doubted him and then I remembered, he'd said he loves blue dials a while back :smirk:

They really are sinking to the depths now aren't they Greg? It's surely not long before they expire, it's glaringly obvious now.

You can tell as well from this forum, it's mostly quiet. A few posts each day at most but look at the QVC forum which always was busier of course but it's as dead as dodo on here now.

I'd give Ideal World a year at most, and the way it's gone good riddance, it's appalling :mysmilie_59:

At this very moment QVC page has 302 viewers whereas IW has 18

They are getting there they will sort out your will and bury you :mysmilie_476:

There is nothing they wouldn't do in my opinion.Can you imagine a coffin and funeral show?Buy two get the third free.Solid wood(chipboard)brass handles(plastic)silk lining(polyester).Flexipay of course.Peter s.getting in an out of them like a vampire ughhhhh.

This channel just gets more ridiculous.

They are shilling yet another Elizabeth Grant set, which lets be clear is cheapo crap in shiny bottles, and they are honestly claiming : -

Combined Price £244.92
Ideal World Special Price £59.99 & £5.99 P&P
Saving £184.93

I mean, come on! It's at best worth a tenner, if that. Torricelumn (TM) my hide :mysmilie_19:

no way? he actually tells people to not check the web? it's almost as if he is hiding something....

no way? he actually tells people to not check the web? it's almost as if he is hiding something....

Talking of hiding something, they're now selling limited edition Mathey-Tissot Roly watches (300 made, £599+P&P each) but Kevski admitted that there's no card or anything supplied with the watch to prove that it's limited in terms of numbers (eg. 76/300) and you have to contact Kevski directly if you want proof that they are indeed limited.

So that's an expensive watch with nothing normally supplied to prove its provenance. Great family heirloom :mysmilie_59:

Talking of hiding something, they're now selling limited edition Mathey-Tissot Roly watches (300 made, £599+P&P each) but Kevski admitted that there's no card or anything supplied with the watch to prove that it's limited in terms of numbers (eg. 76/300) and you have to contact Kevski directly if you want proof that they are indeed limited.

So that's an expensive watch with nothing normally supplied to prove its provenance. Great family heirloom :mysmilie_59:

But also so very worth while of putting the watch on your household Insurance! :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back