Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Honest Grant again, this phone will not do everything.

Grant is becoming my favourite IW Guest.

Jess was on Proskins hour on here own the other day, today it was her and Hayley why

Let's give it another 6 months or so and, if he's still presenting for IW and still making factual comments, I'll agree with you. Unfortunately the pessimist in me thinks it's simply because he's not been on the 'IW Re-education' course yet ...

When shilling that Alcatel Phone, Grant made much of the fact that the front facing camera was the same megapixels as the rear facing camera, he emphasised ‘how rare this is’.

But what he didn’t emphasise was that both the front and rear facing cameras are only a lame 5 megapixels (n)

Peter was on fine form last night on the phone show.

Cant remember what he said word by word but it went something like this.

Alcatel 1c, 5 inch screen, 8gb memory, 2 flexis of £20.00, Slap me on the thigh and call me Richard all in the same rambled sentence. I get the phone bit but why include Slapping him.

Then it was the Raftan hour, he said Our Bet will definitely be watching tonight, and buying a couple of the options, how the hell does he know.

on the phone hour Grant opened the book thing, and the first page mentioned Slavery, good forward planning

Peter was on fine form last night on the phone show.

Cant remember what he said word by word but it went something like this.

Alcatel 1c, 5 inch screen, 8gb memory, 2 flexis of £20.00, Slap me on the thigh and call me Richard all in the same rambled sentence. I get the phone bit but why include Slapping him.

Then it was the Raftan hour, he said Our Bet will definitely be watching tonight, and buying a couple of the options, how the hell does he know.

on the phone hour Grant opened the book thing, and the first page mentioned Slavery, good forward planning

This channel needs to decide what it wants to be, more aligned to the old Bid style or more professional such as QVC. They have professional looking link clips between products/shows and have appeared over recent months to be trying a more evolved look and feel.

Fine.

Then you get presenters like Peter with his pathetic attempts at comedy or Paul with his wow wow WOW wailings or Mike with his breaking the Internet barrow boy routine and it just drags the channel back towards the Bid end of the scale.

I probably watch more Create and Craft than IW, but you wouldn’t know both channels are owned by the same company.

Create and Craft no messing around just selling stuff, yes it has the likes of Martyn Parker who is a bit grumpy, and has a little moan, but In my eyes it’s Martyn being Martyn

I have often wondered why they moved Loen, Andy, Dean etc over to Create and Craft,

I think it confirms their differing strategy between the two channels. C&C is a more laid back affair, quiet, considered. So they want presenters that in the main reflect that. Yes the selling techniques are still there, but in a more subdued manner. IW is very much a different beast and its presenters reflect that. Management are obviously happy with the approach and they obviously shift the units otherwise they'd get shifted! However I just feel the channel is an uneasy mix of 'professional approach' combined with 'unprofessional' presenters. Not all of them and not all the time, however it's a recurring theme.

This channel needs to decide what it wants to be, more aligned to the old Bid style or more professional such as QVC. They have professional looking link clips between products/shows and have appeared over recent months to be trying a more evolved look and feel.

Fine.

Then you get presenters like Peter with his pathetic attempts at comedy or Paul with his wow wow WOW wailings or Mike with his breaking the Internet barrow boy routine and it just drags the channel back towards the Bid end of the scale.

Although the clips look more professional, IMO the channel has not evolved in the slightest, worse in fact. The promos, albeit in better quality, are still full of lies, as i see it, they've improved the technical quality but the message is still the same, misleading and full of misinformation.

Although I destest the presenters and agree they help take the channel down, although for some strange reason some folks seem to like them and think they are funny, i wouldn't put all the blame on them. I think the whole ethos of IW is wrong, from the very top to the presenters, while the presenters are responsible for their ad lib unfunny presentation techniques, the whole, misleading/misinformation details of the products, stock updates, quite a few expert guest that are not experts in the slightest, etc all comes from the producers/bosses etc, to be honest I see them as a bunch of amateurs trying to look like and act like professionals but failing miserably. Oh and even their models join in with their over the top descriptions of the clothing quality and likening to some high priced boutique brand.

Latest posts

Back