Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CCCP Gent's Aleksandrov Automatic

Is it just me who can't see any hands, or have all fallen off?

And where is the date, as in the description?

View attachment 19530they

It doesn't have hands, the dial is in three parts and rotates at different speeds. the date will be hiding under the 9 on the dial. :ROFLMAO: The NH35a has a date function but obviously CCCP aren't using it, would have been better using the no date NH38a.

Last edited:
That particular watch is even described on the IW website as having an NH35 movement. You cannot believe a word they say.

I know that what makes it even worse, although unless you look closely at the description lower down that page you wouldn't notice, and i would guess a lot will have watched the show and just ordered without reading that page in detail.

There's a few more shows this week with Earnshaw etc, plus we have Emma "high precision" Boydell, that expert in horology tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Are you implying, Hammy60 , that the movements in them are not quality high precision movements, maybe even ‘vintage’, harking back to the history of Earnshaw ? If so I am so disappointed. Gutted even 😲

It's the Reign and Shield watches i'm referring to on tonight's show, you know the watches made in China, that are high precision because of modern watch making techniques, made by highly skilled watchmakers in a backstreet sweat shop in china, and use the best steel, high precision movements, top quality leather, top quality silicone, etc etc and comparable in quality to high end Swiss brands costing many thousands and can be yours for a fraction of the RRP. A must have bargain and future heirloom for any watch collector. ;):)

Just an update, new ASA complaint done and submitted again this morning. :)

It's the Reign and Shield watches i'm referring to on tonight's show, you know the watches made in China, that are high precision because of modern watch making techniques, made by highly skilled watchmakers in a backstreet sweat shop in china, and use the best steel, high precision movements, top quality leather, top quality silicone, etc etc and comparable in quality to high end Swiss brands costing many thousands and can be yours for a fraction of the RRP. A must have bargain and future heirloom for any watch collector. ;):)

Just an update, new ASA complaint done and submitted again this morning. :)
Don't complain too much, we need something to laugh at:D

De Knees is shilling a £23 Maxi Dress. She reckons it looks like £130’s worth.

I’m guessing that means it’s £130’s worth of Polyester, I say I’m guessing as they don’t seem to mention what it’s made from on the website ;)

De Knees was also shilling ‘Let me tell yoooooo about Jane Plan........’ (The TV advert is excruciating, the woman looks positively Maniacal 👺)

You should have seen the size of the Serving Bowls, they were massive, and positively packed to the brim with loads of vegetables and salad, one even had a whole bunch of Asparagus!

And then, strategically placed atop the huge mound of greens, was a tiny serving of Rice and the supposedly mounds of Chicken Curry (which to me mostly just looked like Sauce and a pretty small amount of Meat).

Each to their own and all that but it really doesn’t look like even a remotely economical way to Diet, you’d surely end up spending a shed load more money on things to add to the tiny portions:)

I've tried Jane Plan and it was horrible. Most of it went in the bin as it was tasteless, sloppy and just not nice to eat. Don't waste your money. Diet Chef is the same.

CC

Well Emma starting off with a high precision divers watch. Yeah, i'm sure they are high precision, dial marking has it as a 220 mtr/660ft rated diver, since when has 220 mtrs been 660ft, really how poor is that, absolute amateurs. :ROFLMAO:
Well mine are 300m/1000ft:rolleyes:
She doesn't half waffle

Gilliam divers watch looks more like a Fleiger?

But, but it's got a high precision quartz movement, it's the very, very best quartz movement you can get. ;)

She also saying the Swatch watches started the quartz boom, forget the fact that Seiko, Citizen and Casio were all churning out quartz watch years before the Swatch decided to join in with quartz to try and save the Swiss watch Industry. She's an absolute idiot. :ROFLMAO:

Smashing, I'm diving and I've got a little condensation in my watch, but it's alright, I'm wearing a professional divers watch from Shield and I can measure my air tanks by the bezel markings. Err, only my Shield watch doesn't have one:unsure:

Smashing, I'm diving and I've got a little condensation in my watch, but it's alright, I'm wearing a professional divers watch from Shield and I can measure my air tanks by the bezel markings. Err, only my Shield watch doesn't have one:unsure:

That's why all this diver's standards she's coming out with is probable from a script supplied from Shield saying they conform to Diver's ISO standards and in reality she hasn't a clue about the actual regulations. It's why most of what she is saying is just an incoherent mess, non of the watches so far conform to ISO 6425.

I did read that the American company that owns all these "Named" watches puts out items to loads of retail channels etc, with a rep to flog them, then drop ships to the country as needed for resale. From China of course:cool:

Latest posts

Back