Received 'birthday surprise' voucher from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

there's no sealed code bit on mine Rebecca :(
just a pic of Julia taken about 20 years ago...

How weird is that? And I really don't understand why. I know I've spent a small fortune over the years with them, but this year I've hardly bought anything as I've had to tighten my belt a lot and can't afford it. So why have they sent it to me?

One one side of my card is my name and address and some writing about it being their birthday and some of the brands that will be celebrating it with them, signed by Julia Roberts and with a tiny pic of her after her name. On the other side are pics of some of the things they sell, with a sealed flap on the right hand side and under that is the code.

I don't get it - it's not costing them any money as they're not giving us anything except the chance to spread the cost, and if they're sending out cards anyway, why not try and get people to buy by giving the code to everyone. Makes no sense at all.

Same here, just one of those cards you get for TSV's. :angry::angry:

well i just got a card through and there's no easypay code on mine. Grrrrr how unfair is that ? :mad:

I haven't had a card but I think it's ridiculous if they are sending out two different kinds! This isn't sour grapes, but given the credit crunch at the moment, they should be treating every single customer as a VIP, not cherry picking. Everyone who received a card should have had the same one.

~I was wondering if the flap could have been detached in the post, as its perforated.
So I looked at mine again and noticed a terms and conditions page www.qvcuk.com/happybirthday.
Not sure this is going to make everyone happy, but this is what it says:

Terms and conditions
Easy Pay on Request can not be used for any prior purchase or be combined with any
other promotion
This Easy Pay on request offer is valid on one order before postage and packing
prices are applied
This Easy Pay on request offer can not be redeemed through our automated ordering
system Qcut
Easy Pay on request is limited to one purchase per customer receiving this
promotion
Easy Pay on request vouchers are non- transferable and can not be passed on
Easy Pay on request can not be redeemed on waitlist, advance order or auto-delivery
items
Easy Pay on request is not valid on items purchased at any QVC outlet store
Promotion period: this Easy Pay on request offer is valid from the date you receive
this voucher up to and including the 5th October 2008.

The thing is the card sounds exactly the same, so I was thinking it would be worth checking the flap hadn't been detached, but then I checked the wording on the card and it deffinitly says in the blurb on the main card that a voucher is enclosed.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, was looking it up hoping to prove the opposite!

I haven't had a card but I think it's ridiculous if they are sending out two different kinds! This isn't sour grapes, but given the credit crunch at the moment, they should be treating every single customer as a VIP, not cherry picking. Everyone who received a card should have had the same one.

Exactly. And how are they deciding, because they certainly don't seem to be basing it on what people have spent - I've spent hardly anything this year, and I spent a lot less last year than previous years, so I was amazed to get the Christmas Easy Pay card never mind the Birthday one. Very unfair. Think of all those people who wouldn't have a clue if they don't come on here - they'll have got their birthday card without the code and not know any different.

You posted whilst i was investigating, but I agree with You cupcake, one card would have been alot nicer.

I take it its just a random thing, or based on the brands we buy perhaps!!! Who knows..........

~I was wondering if the flap could have been detached in the post, as its perforated.
So I looked at mine again and noticed a terms and conditions page www.qvcuk.com/happybirthday.
Not sure this is going to make everyone happy, but this is what it says:

Terms and conditions
Easy Pay on Request can not be used for any prior purchase or be combined with any
other promotion
This Easy Pay on request offer is valid on one order before postage and packing
prices are applied
This Easy Pay on request offer can not be redeemed through our automated ordering
system Qcut
Easy Pay on request is limited to one purchase per customer receiving this
promotion
Easy Pay on request vouchers are non- transferable and can not be passed on
Easy Pay on request can not be redeemed on waitlist, advance order or auto-delivery
items
Easy Pay on request is not valid on items purchased at any QVC outlet store
Promotion period: this Easy Pay on request offer is valid from the date you receive
this voucher up to and including the 5th October 2008.

The thing is the card sounds exactly the same, so I was thinking it would be worth checking the flap hadn't been detached, but then I checked the wording on the card and it deffinitly says in the blurb on the main card that a voucher is enclosed.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, was looking it up hoping to prove the opposite!

But the code is the same for all of us who've got it, so unless they've gone through every customer on the computer making a note of who has it and who hasn't, how are they going to know you got the code or not?

I guess without this site most people just wouldn't know. I'd never heard of the special days they do before I came on here or the christmas voucher before this thread.

But the code is the same for all of us who've got it, so unless they've gone through every customer on the computer making a note of who has it and who hasn't, how are they going to know you got the code or not?

The cards are generated by computer, so they will almost certainly be automatically linked to each account.

The cards are generated by computer, so they will almost certainly be automatically linked to each account.

I thought that too, but my bf says actually it's much easier for them not to, in whch case the code would work for all of us. (I bow to his superior knowledge of web site coding & databases!) ...of course, just because it would be easier not to, doesn't mean that they haven't!;) I'd be really interested to know if anyone who wasn't sent a code has managed to use the code successfully.

I don't have a card at all, either with or without the special code flap! I better get one or I will be well miffed! I spend truckloads with them, although it is mostly clearance items... I did get the Christams card with Easy Pay voucher, so perhaps it's just Royal Mail being slow again.

Last edited:
I thought that too, but my bf says actually it's much easier for them not to, in whch case the code would work for all of us. (I bow to his superior knowledge of web site coding & databases!) ...of course, just because it would be easier not to, doesn't mean that they haven't!;) I'd be really interested to know if anyone who wasn't sent a code has managed to use the code successfully.

I don't have a card at all, either with or without the special code flap! I better get one or I will be well miffed! I spend truckloads with them, although it is mostly clearance items... I did get the Christams card with Easy Pay voucher, so perhaps it's just Royal Mail being slow again.

I'm amazed, automatically assumed would be the obvious way to go....

In which case there doesn't seem to be anything to stop people trying....

Then again the fact that they say they're not transferable?!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then again the fact that they say they're not transferable?!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

But then, would they expect someone to announce what the code was? We know it's the same code, but people who don't come on here won't know, so they'll all think they've got a unique code that identifies who they are.

I got a postcard from QVC today but no code, just advertising their birthday, mum got the same card too. :hump:

I also received a card yesterday and an email saying the same thing on Monday. Must admit though that this is the first time I have ever had anything like this from them but looking back it seems I have been buying something off them one a month since the start of the year so maybe that may have something to do with it.

Like others here I'm going to leave using mine til Liz Earle's TSV which I hope will be a decent one.

Well you had me curious so I tried the code but it doesn't work for me. I got a big red pop up box saying it was not recognised so they must know who they have been sent to.

Last edited:
well i have been shopping with them for almost 13 years and till date have neither received a christmas nor birthday voucher ....the stuff i bought i could buy myself a decent car

Latest posts

Back