SBC 5 Star Reviews Misleading

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
A while ago I wrote about the change in ingredients on the SBC Arnica Bath Soak.

I can now state that the ingredients have indeed changed and QVC Customer Service have confirmed this via email to me saying that if I have any concerns about the change in ingredients to consult my GP.

What concerns me is that SBC's products in their new format all appear to have deeper colours, which could possibly mean more changes in ingredients across the board, not just Arnica Bath Soak.

The majority of the products have now had their pictures updated to the new style bottle, but most of the 5:star: reviews are based on the old style bottles and ingredients prior to the new format...surely this is misleading customers into thinking the product ingredients are the same, when in fact they are not!

The changes may not affect many, but there are a few who may be allergic, therefore I would suggest caution.

It's very well Guests telling Presenters and Customers that their products have been improved, maybe a list of all ingredients could be put in the product description online allowing us all to decide prior to buying and then finding out!

I managed to get 2 litres of the bath soak from Bidtv in the old packaging so it might be worth checking on there. Even with the £7.99 postage i was cheaper than the single qvc litre delivered.

QVC should list the ingredients on the website (just a link would do no need to clog up the item details but they should be accessible somewhere via the q website). Ofcourse then we'd need confidence in their ability to accurately copy out the list and keep it up to date...the nails inc photo on the Mally lipgloss item doesn't inspire confidence though!

I am another person who would like ingredient listings on QVC. I have an allergy and have to be so careful and check any beauty product before I buy. I purchase very few beauty products off QVC, as I don't know what is in the product - I have emailed them in the past and they do eventually get back to you - but what a palaver. I am not going to buy something that I will have to send back as soon as it arrives as I can't use it. Life would be so much easier if all online sites provided product ingredients.

I have no problems with sensitivity or allergies but it's so short-sighted of QVC. They possibly hope that through apathy people will order but not return a beauty product that contains a particular ingredient or those that cause a reaction. But buyers are more savvy these days and so many other retailers provide this kind of info, so if a customer can stay on qvcuk.com and quickly check that a product is suitable they'll make a sale. Once a prospective buyer ventures on to other sites to find this info, they'll probably buy from those other sites too.

Remember that promo years ago of Alison Young writing down ingreeejunts off a box? These days she's more likely to jot down which celebs use what from the pages of OK or Hello!

I would to be honest contact SBC themselves and make the enquiry. See what they say?

On ebay there a number of sellers who do nothing but SBC and its cheaper than QVC. I feel out of love with SBC with introduction of all the facial cleansers, serums etc. Sorry I would not trust that stuff anywhere near by face. The TSVs just seem to include those as well now.

I bought the last TSV and they were in the new bottles and haven't noticed any changes in ingredients , so my 5 star review was based on that. I love SBC its a fantastic range that many people overlook but ive seen some great results with it , and its an affordable range that I can use all year round.

I have no problems with sensitivity or allergies but it's so short-sighted of QVC. They possibly hope that through apathy people will order but not return a beauty product that contains a particular ingredient or those that cause a reaction. But buyers are more savvy these days and so many other retailers provide this kind of info, so if a customer can stay on qvcuk.com and quickly check that a product is suitable they'll make a sale. Once a prospective buyer ventures on to other sites to find this info, they'll probably buy from those other sites too.

Remember that promo years ago of Alison Young writing down ingreeejunts off a box? These days she's more likely to jot down which celebs use what from the pages of OK or Hello![/QUOTE]

You've hit the nail on the head with that comment Akimbo.
I couldn't give a rats @rse what Cheryl Cole uses on her face. I'll use what I like.
In fact, as soon as AY (or any of the others TBH) start harping on about which slebs use this, that and the other, it totally dissuades me to place an order.

I use SBC cleanser and collagen gel and love them both. I do have sensitive skin but have had no issues whatsoever with SBC. I`m still using stuff in the old packaging but I`ll now make a point of opening one of my new bottles just to try it. OH uses their arnica gel but a large litre bottle lasts him all Winter so I won`t be buying another one until next year.

I managed to get 2 litres of the bath soak from Bidtv in the old packaging so it might be worth checking on there. Even with the £7.99 postage i was cheaper than the single qvc litre delivered.

QVC should list the ingredients on the website (just a link would do no need to clog up the item details but they should be accessible somewhere via the q website). Ofcourse then we'd need confidence in their ability to accurately copy out the list and keep it up to date...the nails inc photo on the Mally lipgloss item doesn't inspire confidence though!

Another mistake online , Yankee candle perfect pillow Set of 3 Medium Candles, yet the photo and details are for 3 medium Xmas jars. Least they kept it in the same brand this time lo

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Perfect-Pillars-Set-of-3-Medium-Candles.product.703000.html

Latest posts

Back