Shavata Heart Shaped Tweezers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LipstickCherry

Girl on Film
Does anyone have these, and are they any good?

Am thinking of getting a pink pair for my daughter to stop her borrowing mine on such a regular basis! There are some very good reviews on the QVC website as well as a handful of very poor ones, and I know she'd love the design of these. Thanks.

Glad you posted this LC, I would like to know the same, and if they are any better than Tweezerman..?

I have these for ages now and l think there fab. I might even buy another set as l keep losing mine in handbags. Best ones l have ever used. HTH

I thought they looked nice but I was put off by the reviews on the site. I have a pair of her ordinary ones which I like but I have never tried Tweezerman and I think I would try them next as they get high praise.

You posted at the same time as me Stacey but the main gripe on the site seemed to be that they did not grip very well and it took a few attempts to get hairs out, which could be to do with the shape - have you found them easy to use?

I found them really easy as you had a bigger area to hold onto. I can see some people might not like that but IMO it was much better and more controlled. I gonna order another 2 l think. Another for me and one for my mum.

Does anyone have these, and are they any good?

Am thinking of getting a pink pair for my daughter to stop her borrowing mine on such a regular basis! There are some very good reviews on the QVC website as well as a handful of very poor ones, and I know she'd love the design of these. Thanks.

Haven't a clue about Shavata's tweezers,LC,never been tempted as I love my pink Tweezerman's.
Yes,they're quite expensive but they last forever.Have mine for the last 5 years or so with not a problem.When my dd's became blunt,she returned them to Tweezerman & they were sharpened free of charge :5:

I got the Shavata heart shaped ones, but found they were too clumsy and the ends were so big. Tweezerman are in a different class.

Tweezerman's are fab - wouldn't bother even trying anywhere else.

Just bought another pair so that I can send my originals off to be sharpened.

Tweezerman's are fab - wouldn't bother even trying anywhere else.

Just bought another pair so that I can send my originals off to be sharpened.

What does it cost to get them sharpened? Do they not have to be sent registered post to the US? Just wondered how much all that would cost.

im a shavate girl & love them to bits.......im always careful [ i think it was the price ] & keep them with their rubbery end thingy & inside their 'tube'.....even hubby uses them for men things........mending his watches etc......he says buy cheap & you buy twice.....thats OK BUT its finding the money for the tweermans or shavatas...........BUT if you can then have a go........sorry cant comment on the heart shaped ones.

This is very interesting. I am totally obsessed with tweezers, and have a huge collection of them, hardly any of which works.

Are Tweezerman the ones you can buy in Boots?

I did have some Shavata ones; the very pointy version. They were excellent, but I lost them.

In my opinion the heart shaped tweezers are hopeless.They struggle to get fine hairs and chop them in half rather than pluck.
I agree with others..Tweezerman are a pluck above the rest!

Wow! There's a lot of members here with a lot to say about tweezers! :)

Thanks for all your responses ladies. I did go for them in the end. I know some of you have mentioned about the sharpness (or not) of these, but I have to say that the tweezers I use I have had since the late 1970s (!) and I just love them. They are scissor type in that you have a little hole for your thumb and index finger to go through and I have never had them sharpened. So maybe bluntness won't be an issue for Emma - in fact it could be a positively good thing. I'd worry too much if she had anything mega-sharp around her eyes. :)

I have had both tweezerman and the shavata pointed ones which are both great and like a pair of each as they each do different jobs. The pointed ones are best for really close to the eyebrow as you don't end up taking more than one at a time.

I was really gutted when I had a pair of each confiscated on my way back from Cuba as I didn't realise they were in my hand luggage I had to buy some more on my return to the UK. I had forgotten to take them out of my make up bag. It was soo annoying as I was hardly going to hold up the plane with tweezers!!!!

What does it cost to get them sharpened? Do they not have to be sent registered post to the US? Just wondered how much all that would cost.

It doesn't cost anything to get them sharpened and I've just sent mine over by airmail, not registered, and each time (and I've done it about 3 times as I have quite a few of them) they've been sent back, no problem.

Am due to send 2 off for sharpening again, am a beauty therapist and when I have clients that come to me at home they are my tweezer of choice :)

It doesn't cost anything to get them sharpened and I've just sent mine over by airmail, not registered, and each time (and I've done it about 3 times as I have quite a few of them) they've been sent back, no problem.

Am due to send 2 off for sharpening again, am a beauty therapist and when I have clients that come to me at home they are my tweezer of choice :)

Thank you!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back