Smashbox TSV 18/11/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooh that's a bit dear!!

It does look nice but don't fancy paying that.

I'll be giving this a miss. Thr brow tech is the only thing I'd want. Does anyone know how the cream eyeliners compare with New CID's gel liners (both made in Aisa)?

I'm going to go for the BE and LG TSVs and that's it until Christmas. The OPI one looks like it's minis which I don't like, Gatineau is age benefit which isn't for me, Decleor looks like the 50ml hand cream and Iris balm so I'll give that a miss too, and I've decided not to buy Elemis anymore, it doesn't suit me.

I've had a Smashbox creme eyeliner palette in the past and they have no staying power at all - they've disappeared within the hour. I bought a Smashbox TSV earlier this year. I like the waterproof chunky eye pencil (it really is waterproof) and the lipgloss, but was very unimpressed with the quality of the eyeshadows (again disappeared within the hour). The cheek highlighter thing has to be used very sparingly as its easy to overdo and I thought the concealer was very drying. I won't be buying Smashbox again - pricey given the mediocre quality. I spotted it in the airport duty free both at Stansted and at Stockholm Skavsta but they were basic kits in shrink wrapping. Nothing special.

Toatally agree Flamenco, those eyeliners are next to useless for me too. the only that works for me is the mally liquid one. For some reson smashbox just doesn't work for me, it instantly looks caked and powdery, not pretty. I will be camped over the computer waiting for thheh laura geller tsv and perhaps the mally one too.

Smashbox 7 Piece Ready For Your Close Up Collection
Today's Special Value Price £34.92
QVC Price £42.25
Item Number 225876
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95

Smashbox Ready For Your Close Up Collection. This seven-piece set showcases versatile products to help create anything from a smoky eye to a fresh daytime look, including an eyeshadow quad, shimmer powder, mascara and much more. Be photo-ready whatever the occasion with this must-have Smashbox collection.

Contains:
Brow Tech to Go Pencil - in a choice of Taupe or Brunette (2.9g) - double-ended pencil features a long-wearing liner for precise filling and defining, and a soft-hold gel and brush to moisturise and shape your brows
Photo Op Eyeshadow Quad in On Stage (7.7g) - blendable cashmere-soft eyeshadows in Sand, Obsidian, Shimmering Taupe and Plum, perfect for all eye colours. Only available at QVC
Flash Powder (4.7g) - use this shimmering pink-beige powder alone as a highlighter or layer over your favourite blush for a subtle shimmer. Only available at QVC
Lip Enhancing Gloss in Fame (6ml) - an ultra-moisturising shimmery plum gloss to help keep your lips soft and fuller-looking
Cream Eyeliner Palette in Metallic (1.7g) - contains 10 bestselling cream eyeliners and a mini brush. This easy-to-use formula glides on to perfectly define your eyes, and doesn't flake, run or tug. Colours: onyx, topaz, emerald, sapphire, gold, amethyst, blue topaz, graphite, platinum, bronze
Blush Duo in Passion/Shimmer (9.5g) - use this duo as a cheek contour, blusher, highlighter, eyeshadow or even lip colour. Only available at QVC
Full Exposure Mascara (4ml) - inspired by Smashbox's on-set technique of layering fibre mascara over volumising mascara for longer-looking lashes

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.225876

So, I went for it! I reckon the price is actually pretty decent and I've just had it shipped to my friend in London who's coming to Oz for New Years, she'll bring it with her. I can't wait to hear how you guys like it even though it'll be a while before I get to play with it!!

Fingers crossed the face and eye colours were made in the US or Germany/Italy...this is the last hurrah for me and Smashbox I reckon, if this one doesn't pan out then it's curtains...

Edited to add...AY is really on a roll with the old nonsense tonight eh?! I'm listening to it online at work (it's 11.40am here) and it's just making me smile. I almost miss it...but not quite ; )

Last edited:
i can't look at the tsv - i'm too transfixed trying to work out what AY is wearing. what a sight......clashing beiges and scales....

I may have gone for this if it were on EP's or if QVC had sent me the EP code. I really annoys me that not everyone gets the code. They have lost a sale.

AY's makeup looks good, soft pretty no ultra shiney shimmerbrick cheeks or three inches of black eyeliner. The outfit those sleeves I keep thinking she is going for the Barry Manilow 'Lola she was showgirl.' south American vibe.

I love the cream eyeliners and they don't disappear on me, but I do use eye primer and bright my concealer up to lash line as a base.

Seems AY has said this is the last Smashbox. On facebook bit of confusion if she means last TSV or is the brand disappearing???? But she repeated it again. Very few products available on the website. Interesting.

She said it was their last show of the year several times last night, but I didn't hear her say the last ever.

No offence, but Allison the new Smashbox presenter is rubbish at applying. I watch the vid for the BB cream and I swear she was applying over the existing foundation on the model.

Now I swore I wasn't going to buy the TSV but I rather like the eye quad palette thingy and the brow tech (my eyebrows are greying aged 40!). Hopefully the eyeshadows will be better quality than the previous TSV palette or it will go back. If I keep it I will ebay the rest. And I ordered the waterproof shadow liner to go in the bronze and purple shades (used my easy pay code I got yesterday) because I have the chrome and it really is waterproof and stay on all day.

Is it me or has the Halo gone very,very expensive?

Over £46 including p&p for a bit o'face powder!!!

Gordon Bennett!!:sad:

When Smashbox first went into Debenhams the Halo was £46, think it is £47 now but you don't get the big brush that QVC give you with it.

I thought I heard Alison definitely said it was the last Smashbox TSV about 12.30 last night, she didn't say it was the last this year but neither did she say it was the last ever, just the last one....so not sure that helps really! I was a bit surprised as I thought she'd correct herself in case people were confused but nothing else was said. I was going to buy it as I don't own any Smashbox but came on here instead and saw sense and talked myself out of it as I don't actually really need it, so saved my money!

Latest posts

Back